Kawasaki Z250

BirdsandBooze

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks good I must say. I've just bought the new Ninja250, so this bothers me greatly, lol. Almost the same bikes but the Ninja is probably better all round with the fairings and better top speed. I wonder this will be cheaper than the Ninja just like the ER6n is.

post-80215-0-92867100-1359653364_thumb.j post-80215-0-94113500-1359653372_thumb.j

post-80215-0-16734300-1359653381_thumb.j post-80215-0-55231400-1359653390_thumb.j

post-80215-0-67350900-1359653402_thumb.j post-80215-0-53379600-1359653407_thumb.j

Yes seems exactly the same except,

Headlight/fairing & middle fairings

Looking at it all else seems identical

tail, seat & even belly, fairings same

Front fender has a larger mount leg

Is this at the Bangkok Show?

Edited by mania

Yes seems exactly the same except,

Headlight/fairing & middle fairings

Looking at it all else seems identical

tail, seat & even belly, fairings same

Front fender has a larger mount leg

Is this at the Bangkok Show?

No, Brian at Sumet discovered it on the net. Apparently, it is due for release here. Identical specs to the Ninja but without the fairing and a bit lighter because of it.

I read on the forum where I got the pics that it's the same as the Ninja except for higher and different handle bars for an upright riding position. Also the engine will be set up differently to give a bit more lower end torque but less high end.

The black with a touch of green looks awesome IMO. Personally I'd prefer the normal Ninja as I like to tour but this would be top of my list if I was looking for a nimble little city bike.

Why oh why couldn't Honda make the CB500F look like this?

Just looks like a Ninja 250 were half the fairing has dropped off.

The engine area is soooo ugly on the N250 they have to cover it. Bit like a fat bird at the beach.

post-62652-13596884217404_thumb.jpg

Really? Looks like a mini Z1000 to me. I guess there's no accounting for taste, but if you don't like it then you probably won't have to wait long for Honda to come up with a 'lite' version.

but if you don't like it then you probably won't have to wait long for Honda to come up with a 'lite' version.

Hopefully that will be true.

A street-fightered version of the CBR250R would be fantastic. smile.png

I'd say it's pretty much a certainty. I always thought the engine characteristics of the cbr were better suited to a naked/streetfighter so if they make it a bit lot prettier than the cb500f then it would be a great bike IMO.

The engine area is soooo ugly on the N250 they have to cover it. Bit like a fat bird at the beach.

laugh.png

Not sure from those pictures what part is sooo ugly to you?

All you can see is a side cover

But here is a view of the engine

Looks fine to me....250...twin...revs like no tomorrow....whats not to like?

Extra oil sump space below...oil filter easy to reach. Not parked inside the engine

like some whistling.gif

Now if you want to point at a ugly 250 engine...if there is such a criteria?

This would have to be in front of the N250 for not pleasing on the eye wink.png

Edited by mania

street-naked version of cbr250 will be around too. I think i have seen on the net, no?

The photos are most probably from Indonesia.

But z250 is looking better that ninja250 by the way.

Liked the headlights - looking like a masked bandit - and ktm style fairings.

What about the stoplights? Any photos from behind? Maybe it is z800 style - two z s as stop light -

And, yeah, why honda cannot design thee kind of aggressive bikes but Honda mostly has mature and honest designs that appeal all ages and all personalities.

Some people might not want to see a masked bandit style naked bike on their stables maybe?

One of the staff in Sumet made a CBR250 streetfighter using the side farings off the CRF250, and not sure about the forks. It's a bit rough round the edges with it's orange and unpainted gleam, but a good wash and paint job and I think it would look fantastic.

You know that video reminded me about something I like about this 250 twin engine

& have meant to mention

The sound it makes especially during engine braking is very much a straight cut gear sound.

I have thought about it often when descending & listening to the engine.

Edited by mania

laugh.png

Not sure from those pictures what part is sooo ugly to you?

All you can see is a side cover

But here is a view of the engine

Looks fine to me....250...twin...revs like no tomorrow....whats not to like?

Extra oil sump space below...oil filter easy to reach. Not parked inside the engine

like some whistling.gif

Now if you want to point at a ugly 250 engine...if there is such a criteria?

This would have to be in front of the N250 for not pleasing on the eye wink.png

Hahaha. Well the fake cooling fins. The huge exhaust sticking out all over. But to be fair. I was just taking the piss :D:D:D

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Styling looks good to me too...but raises the question as to when the Z300 could make it to the Kingdom. Wouldn't the 300 fall into a different tax bracket than the 250 bikes? And of course it would be priced higher...pushing into the 500 price range...which isn't all that far below the excellent choices Kawi has in the 650s...i.e. spend a little more and get a bike that has 150% the power or spend 150% more and get a bike with 250% the power.

Saw this at the show yesterday. Does look nice. I was worried I'd like it more than the new Ninja I bought, but on seeing it in the flesh, the ninja version looks much better.

Personally

Even from the pictures I agree

The street fighter look is cool in its own way but not appealing to

me personally.

I do think they gave a big or disproportionate discount on this model compared to the ninja considering

all else seems the same save a few fairing parts ( changed not completely removed )

plus the headlamp/control area.

Good for those who want to buy it though.

Edited by mania

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...