Kawasaki Z250

BirdsandBooze

Looks nice in orange.... but that swingarm's gotta go!

Yes it does tend to look anemic eh?

I think it is basically the same on the Honda 500's yes?

Looks the same.

For me one of the let down's on these cheap Thai made 250's and 500's are the chopstick forks and chopstick swingarm.

When I say cheap, I mean not cheaper than they sell for in America after freight and import taxes. :rolleyes:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks the same.

For me one of the let down's on these cheap Thai made 250's and 500's are the chopstick forks and chopstick swingarm.

When I say cheap, I mean not cheaper than they sell for in America after freight and import taxes. rolleyes.gif

Since I have been riding for many decades it does not bother me much.

When I was younger I had even smaller swingarms & lousy suspension on much faster bikes smile.png

Of course we have gotten use to seeing nice swingarms but they are usually alloy on an alloy frame bike.

Now that would be cool too if they did these with an alloy frame. They use to do the smaller cbr's with them

But I guess costs go up & dollar buying powers go down smile.png

For a real treat go look at the nice frames they make for Moto3 bikes ...verrry nice smile.png

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Looks like a great bike but I decided to spend the extra dough and go for the ninja 300.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I decided to spend the extra dough too and got the CB500X.

How does the sitting position compare between Z 250 and Ninja 300, specifically the handlebar height.

Ninja 300 is more sporty and the z250 is upright. I am a fan of naked bikes but the bigger engine and Slipper clutch were too appealing to pass on. I don't know the actual height difference between the handle bars.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If the sitting position and handlebar height were sufficiently different i.e. more upright position and higher handlebars, I might have got the Z 250, but it is too late now as I got the 500 cc Honda and also, the Z 250 seemed to slip under my radar and I never even considered it. I am not sure how that happened but it did.

Maybe I will reconsider in 2 or 3 years if it is still around, which judging from the lack of talk about it, it may not be.