Par Ra Bor Stickers And Window Tinting

jackspratt

Does anyone with a completely tinted front windscreen have any experience with using (and later removing) the clear stickers used for attaching the license paper (par ra bor) to the windscreen?

ps please note - I am not looking for advice on the pros/cons or legality/illegality of full windscreen tinting.smile.png

Up until the latest renewal (January) the clear stickers weren't actually sticky relying on air pressure to remain in place. This year's has glue.

I too am a bit worried about it pulling my film off so an application of Label Off (from Office Depot) will be made first.

Up until the latest renewal (January) the clear stickers weren't actually sticky relying on air pressure to remain in place. This year's has glue.

I too am a bit worried about it pulling my film off so an application of Label Off (from Office Depot) will be made first.

They were actually electrostatic, the new sticky ones will not remove the tint if you are careful during removal.

I just carefully put a razor blade flat under one corner of the label and sliced the tape, the put the new one in place of it, I also try to change the windscreen tint every two year as it gets a bit scratched from cleaning it from vinyl vapour.

I thought the license from the license office came without any sticker, if you use an agent they usually give you a sticker with their name on it. Has this now changed?

Anyway electrostatic stickers for your license are available from Tesco.

post-35075-0-61512400-1359991675_thumb.j

smile.png