My Sr400

Spoonman

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome Mickey.

Iam hoping the CR will make for easier starting (it always was pretty good anyways)but more importantly gasohol friendly and reduce the appetite for (fouled) spark plugs.

I did not end up buying that one from japanwebike but instead Omega Racer found me a 2 month old one here in Thailand.

The original VM carb has 3 inbuild membranes that often cause problems and need to be replaced periodically.

The CR won't give you that much more power, unless you upgrade the air filter and exhaust. Once it's set up it's pretty much worry free.

At least these are my experiences.

Spoonman, do you have any specific info about the CR and gasohol. I asked in various forums and even contacted Keihin directly, but didn't get a response.

Nothing specific just word of mouth from friends back home in AUS that have swapped to CR's and have had no issues at all on ethanol blended fuels where as they could not get their bikes to run nicely previously with the stock carb which kinda gels with my experience and gasohol..... mine was a pig to start cold and used to foul plugs easily.

With the small tank now on mine being reliant on 95 benzine will really limit my riding so here's hoping what mates have said is true so that I can use gasohol.

Small tank? Any pics? wink.png

It's the Mustang tank from Omega and holds 6 litres vs the stock SR tank of 14 litres.

right01_zpsd764906e.jpg

Amazing! Your back wheel is so wide you had to fabricate a new swingarm! blink.png

That tank really is small!

With a 180 on the back you can say goodbye to sporty handling!

it never had sporty handling to start with running a 140 rear/120 front combo anyways.

You do understand the concept of a bar hopper/bobber yeah ?

Edited by Spoonman

it never had sporty handling to start with running a 140 rear/120 front combo anyways.

All show and no go ?

Just kidding man, I like the sr400 and all the specials based on them

All show and no go ?

Just kidding man, I like the sr400 and all the specials based on them

lol yep in a nut shell, if I wanted something that had the grunt to scare me I would have kept the GSXR 1000 and done a chop on it !!

Edited by Spoonman

• 3 weeks later...

Thats a crazy looking bike! lol

You got the same supertapp as mine. Amazing work for the seat, looks confortable wink.png

Nice tank by omega. How about when it rains?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks.

Seat has a 1.5mm Stainless top that will go on that is padded and trimmed, pictured is the lower that will be powdered black, when it rain I guess everything will get wet.

So the carbu gives you more power?

Don't know to be honest. am hoping it provides easier starting and the ability to use gasohol.

There are some pretty classy fabrication skills going into this, all your own work?

No matter, it will be great when you get it on the road?

How many hours so far?

Thanks, yeah all my own work... not that many hours into it in total maybe 2 days but being only able to do 30 minutes here and there has drawn it out.

It has sat at work for the past month because the electrics guy has become real lazy, he is still not finished which is shitting me no end as the bike should be finished by now but because of nothing else has been done like painting/powder coating.

Nice!!

Thought you were going to use different wheels?

Cheers !!

Nah was always gunna keep the spokes, Ive got a 21" front rim here for it but need to lower the forks first...... that will be for another day and I might actually grab a second set so I can run 2 different combo's.

I am a tea-totaller, never spent much time in bars so my education is sadly lacking in some areas. So, high performance and handling isn't a priority....OK

Well it look pretty damn good so far as a custom bike. Pity about the sparky not getting his bit finished.

• 3 weeks later...

You carb isnt FCR39 for Sr right?

My friend tells me you still need benzin but its much more powerfull

nah mine is a Keihin 38mm CR special tuned by JB Power Japan.

cr-1.jpg