My Sr400

Spoonman

SR400 now on the showroom floor in Jomtien.

what showroom ?

The Yamaha dealer on Theprasit and the Yamaha dealer on Sukhumvit (across from Tesco) had the white SR400 on display.

The salesman said they would be delivering them in about a month.

The brochure had some nice factory accessories, including SR500 mag rims, clip-ons, turn signals etc..

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

yamaha 50th anniversary not SRs anniversary wink.png

black is the limited edition white is the normal version.

Omega whats the diffrence between 38 and 41 mm? why size diffrence?

I hear the power diffrence will be minim if only change carb, I would need to 'tam kruang' do the engine some how.

My garagist told me around 10k and he ll turn it up from 400 to 540cc something lol

Ohh, now I understand!

38 and 41mm are the diameter of the carb. Bigger diameter, more air/fuel for the engine.

If you change the carb it is advisable to change the exhaust too, so that the engine can breath better.

I would not do anything to the engine itself. The stock engine is bomb proof as it is. I know of several who changed to expensive Yoshimura pistons and cams, just to end up with a seized engine. In fact, just had one on the last ride this weekend.

You've been warned! whistling.gif

The above is all true, however, if you whack a larger diameter carb on, what actually happens is that for a given volume of air passing through the venturi (ie cylinder capacity x rpm) the airspeed effectively drops, and when this happens, you lose the carbs ability to pull more fuel out of the floatbowl and mix it all up before firing it into the cylinders to be burnt - the effect of that to you is sluggish acceleration (compared to the smaller diameter carb) Where you will see the difference is at the top end - as long as the carb is jetted properly, you will see/feel more grunt at the top end...so a bigger carb is not always better - depends what you want from your bike...

+1. From someone who knows what they are talking about.

• Like 1