My Sr400

Spoonman

I love those SRs. I would really like to get into motorcycling but Ninjas and CBRs do nothing for me. But when I see one of those SRs, I'm already planning all the road trips I could do...

I've only ridden 20.000km on an airblade, would this bike be suitable for a beginner rider?

I see that most of the bikes do have plates, what is the asking price for a recent SR with a good green book and all paperwork needed for avoiding problems with the police?

I dont have a greenbook for my SR.

Omega I think that nowdays a Sr with greenbook would be more than 90k if ever you can find one...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant really tell, there are no recent pics of thee whole bike.

the black one is SWEET though

Okies its back together so here's some "Finished" pics.....

Finished_02_Front_zps788d5395.jpg

Finished_01_RightSide_zps9169a219.jpg

Finished_01_RightSideRear_zps84acee91.jpg

Finished_01_LeftSide_zps7bd1179d.jpg

Finished_01_front_zpsf3ae6753.jpg

Nice!

Im going to rayong just for a night, leaving sunday the 17th at 2pm from bkk and coming back monday

I see you from prachinburi from your plate. Maybe wanna join?

Omega also it would be great to meet sr riders could you have monday off work?

I dont have a greenbook for my SR.

Omega I think that nowdays a Sr with greenbook would be more than 90k if ever you can find one...

Mine was 100k.

Nice!

Im going to rayong just for a night, leaving sunday the 17th at 2pm from bkk and coming back monday

Cheers, I actually live in East Pattaya, never bothered to change province with my bike.

Should come up the morning of the 16th and come to the Burapha Bike Show.

post-153149-0-39484200-1360329246_thumb.Yamaha have released a 35th anniversary edition of the SR400. Japan only, unfortunately.

red baron could probably order you one smile.png

TBH I`d rather have one of these, even if ownership was a painful experience smile.png . Royal Enfield Continental GT535. 36bhp and due for release in the States.

post-153149-0-09532900-1360412787_thumb.

• Like 2

post-153149-0-39484200-1360329246_thumb.Yamaha have released a 35th anniversary edition of the SR400. Japan only, unfortunately.

TBH I`d rather have one of these, even if ownership was a painful experience smile.png . Royal Enfield Continental GT535. 36bhp and due for release in the States.

+1 thumbsup.gif

I have to admit to liking these SR 400/500's too but this Enfield is a peach. A polished alloy tank would finish it off just nicely all the same....

I like the Enfield too, but if you can buy a cafe racer from the shop, what is there left to do? Change the spark plug?

The best part in having a cafe racer is building it, I think.

For sure there's a lot of satisfaction to be had from building your own bikes (I've got a project on the go at the moment myself) but I'd go out on a limb and say that the best part by far was throwing your leg over it and going nowhere in particular... smile.png

I can die for an enfield in Thailand.

Cafe racer looks fine. They modded the engine and pump it up 35 cc more to 535cc.

but i like bullet and classic.

Shamw they do not sell them in thailand for a reasonablw price.

• 1 month later...

I love this sort of simple technology, nowadays everything is messed up, looks messed up too, electronics ready to go wrong and earn money for the dealers and manufacturers, plastic panels to cover up all that ugly shit. I don't like to see anything on a bike but the basics and as far as I am concerned all this extra chrome is a joke for someone who prefers polishing to riding, as the Rolling Stones once said "Paint it Black"

A lot of nice looking bikes lads.................

• Like 1

Having them underslung the view behind is much better than in the conventional position how ever I preferred the bar end mirrors but they make the bike too wide.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Changed the headlight a while back.

20130602_155538_zpsf5c1ab4a.jpg

20130602_155524_zps60810008.jpg

but.

Had a small oil leak so thought I would give it a degrease (and chop the frame another 100mm).

20130831_145131_zpsc94eff83.jpg

And hinge the seat pan so that I can add a concealed underseat compartment to stash my ciggies/phone/wallet/condoms (need enigne back in to check air cleaner clearance before compart is fabricated).

20130831_145152_1_zps9c900616.jpg

Gave the engine a lick of black as well (still need to sand and polish the cylinder fins).

NiggerDonk-01_zpsbb8c0392.jpg

going disc at the front as well (Standard XS650 gear).

newdiscset-up_zps7af69e3e.jpg

Did anyone spy the 21" rim ............................. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ebay is probably your best bet. There are all sorts of unusual parts turn up on ebay Australia. Otherwise try an engineering supply place. OE bearing usually come in fairly standard sizes.

Found em, just waiting on them to arrive from the UK.