My Sr400

Spoonman

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love those SRs. I would really like to get into motorcycling but Ninjas and CBRs do nothing for me. But when I see one of those SRs, I'm already planning all the road trips I could do...

I've only ridden 20.000km on an airblade, would this bike be suitable for a beginner rider?

I see that most of the bikes do have plates, what is the asking price for a recent SR with a good green book and all paperwork needed for avoiding problems with the police?

Edited by pistachios

I love those SRs. I would really like to get into motorcycling but Ninjas and CBRs do nothing for me. But when I see one of those SRs, I'm already planning all the road trips I could do...

I've only ridden 20.000km on an airblade, would this bike be suitable for a beginner rider?

I see that most of the bikes do have plates, what is the asking price for a recent SR with a good green book and all paperwork needed for avoiding problems with the police?

As long as you learn how to kickstart it (which isn't very difficult), the SR is very beginner friendly. It's simply tech and bombproof engine will give you many hours and km of fun.

As for the green book....now that's a different pair of shoes. Most SR in Thailand (I would say at least 90%) don't have green books and if they have them, they're more like 'greenish', if you know what I mean. It is quite possible though to find some with legal registration. Again, there are various degrees (or shades) of green books available. I believe there'e one with green book in the classifieds right now in Bangkok, with Velocette exhaust and tank.

Asking price for a recent SR (most are from the late 90's) with green book is around 90K up. Without book between 65 and 75K.

• Like 1

great job Spoonman!

What rims are you using? They seem bigger than usual...

Cheers mate, Actual rim widths I'am not 100% sure but from memory (albeit 11ty billion beers ago) the front is 17 x 3.00 and rear is a 17 x 4.00, obviously black racing boy rims.

Tyres are 110 and 140 respectively.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1