Is My Gf Really Real?

BillH52

To the OP, its OK we all make these mistakes. Everyone here in this forum has been played by a bargirl.

Some people choose to live with their heads in the sand and pretend like it didnt happen, they continue to shower them with gifts and buy them land in Isaan and houses in Phuket, the good thing is you recognized the problem early, hopefully you didnt make the mistake of putting a house in her name or buying the family some farming land.

I'm currently single. Never had a Thai girlfriend. Never sent money for "sick buffalo." I've bought the odd "lady drink" when I've wanted to, not when it's been demanded of me. I will never buy property here and probably will never buy/start a business here, which, minimises my exposure to potential losses.

My money, property and stock are all offshore from Thailand and "appreciating" in value and/or earning good interest.

I can honestly say I have never been "played by a bargirl" and doubt I will be in the future.

In the past I have mentioned what I viewed as "the error of their ways" with their Thai girlfriends to some friends of mine which caused some problems in our friendships. These days, I keep my mouth shut and have the attitude "up to him" but I do see how the girlfriends/wives are slowly extracting their wealth and sending it to Issan.

Whenever the girlfriends/wives show up with more gold or a new motorbike etc - it's usually the same old story of justification for giving her more money - "You can't take it with you. She looks after me. She NEEDED a new necklace/motorbike." Strangely, this information is usually volunteered and seems like an excuse.

Anyway, women all around the world continue to exploit the primeval instinct of men to nurture women. Add to that sex appeal and youth, and you have a very powerful psycological mix that leads many men to financial and emotional ruin here, so much so, some chose suicide as the escape.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 2

To the OP, its OK we all make these mistakes. Everyone here in this forum has been played by a bargirl.

Some people choose to live with their heads in the sand and pretend like it didnt happen, they continue to shower them with gifts and buy them land in Isaan and houses in Phuket, the good thing is you recognized the problem early, hopefully you didnt make the mistake of putting a house in her name or buying the family some farming land.

I'm currently single. Never had a Thai girlfriend. Never sent money for "sick buffalo." I've bought the odd "lady drink" when I've wanted to, not when it's been demanded of me. I will never buy property here and probably will never buy/start a business here, which, minimises my exposure to potential losses.

My money, property and stock are all offshore from Thailand and "appreciating" in value and/or earning good interest.

I can honestly say I have never been "played by a bargirl" and doubt I will be in the future.

In the past I have mentioned what I viewed as "the error of their ways" with their Thai girlfriends to some friends of mine which caused some problems in our friendships. These days, I keep my mouth shut and have the attitude "up to him" but I do see how the girlfriends/wives are slowly extracting their wealth and sending it to Issan.

Whenever the girlfriends/wives show up with more gold or a new motorbike etc - it's usually the same old story of justification for giving her more money - "You can't take it with you. She looks after me. She NEEDED a new necklace/motorbike." Strangely, this information is usually volunteered and seems like an excuse.

Anyway, women all around the world continue to exploit the primeval instinct of men to nurture women. Add to that sex appeal and youth, and you have a very powerful psycological mix that leads many men to financial and emotional ruin here, so much so, some chose suicide as the escape.

Yes, the safest thing is to never date any Thai girls (or perhaps never date anyone at all) and never take any risks on anything and you'll be fine. saai.gif

Edited by brewsterbudgen

....... everyone in this forum has been played by a bargirl.....????????????????????

Sure, crap. Besides that, never good to stereotype. The girl working in the bar might not have been there for long, or might just live on the salary/tips/lady drinks and not go with customers. She might make a good GF/wife. Don't accuse me of being naive/uninformed, I have been a bar owner for 6 years. On the other hand, a lady you met in the restaurant/travel agency might develop into a nightmare: she was working there just fishing for farangs with money.

So your bar has bar girls in it?

I'm not too keen on westerners who make money in their bars from pimping out local girls. Exploiting them to line their own pockets.

....... everyone in this forum has been played by a bargirl.....????????????????????

Sure, crap. Besides that, never good to stereotype. The girl working in the bar might not have been there for long, or might just live on the salary/tips/lady drinks and not go with customers. She might make a good GF/wife. Don't accuse me of being naive/uninformed, I have been a bar owner for 6 years. On the other hand, a lady you met in the restaurant/travel agency might develop into a nightmare: she was working there just fishing for farangs with money.

Sounds like you spend most of your time hanging around bar-girls, ever tried a different social set? It might change your outlook slightly.

BTW my rule 4 was going to be never ever buy a bar for your lady in Thailand because its even more obvious than rule 3, I didnt think it needed to be said