Chalerm: ' I Won't Give Interview For Seven Days If Pongsapat Loses'

webfact

Chalerm: 'I won’t give interview for seven days if Pongsapat loses'

Another hollow, empty promise from the Bangkok Godfather of hollow, empty promises.

Well fortunately it will never happen because Bangkok is a Democrat stronghold.I mean if Bangkok actually elected a PTP mayor that would be tantamount a confirmation that the capital city has joined the country as a whole in consigning the Democrats (and the unelected elites behind them) to irrelevance and consolidating the PTP grip on power. - and that of course could never happen.

Jayboy, have you noticed what usually if not always happens in countries, both historically and currently, where one party or person has a consolidated grip on power as you call it? :-)

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another hollow, empty promise from the Bangkok Godfather of hollow, empty promises.

Well fortunately it will never happen because Bangkok is a Democrat stronghold.I mean if <snipped>

It will never happen because Chalerm is a liar par excellence, irregardless of what happens in the local governor election and would never honor a promise of silence for a week.

Also a Bangkok Pheu Thai MP, he's firmly rooted in his constituency, and demonstrates that if Chalerm can get elected there, anyone can by notoriously fickle Bangkok voters.

Even a maniacal misfit like the despicable Samak made it into the position.

Edited by Buchholz

""Chalerm: 'I won’t give interview for seven days if Pongsapat loses'""

Well fortunately it will never happen because Bangkok is a Democrat stronghold.I mean if Bangkok actually elected a PTP mayor that would be tantamount a confirmation that the capital city has joined the country as a whole in consigning the Democrats (and the unelected elites behind them) to irrelevance and consolidating the PTP grip on power. - and that of course could never happen.

The country as a whole?? I recommend to look at the last elections results of the south, which isn't an unimportant part of Thailand.

Electorally not that important actually.Any party however that controls Bangkok, the NE and North will win a colossal landslide.But it will never happen because the people of Bangkok loathe Thaksin's party - so the usual suspects tell us endlessly.

BTW the "PTP grip on power' sounds somewhat sinister.

PS a typo no doubt, no one would like to win a landslide, not even a colossal one wink.png

(

)

Yes we tend to forget they have an armed ready to rumble group.

Well fortunately it will never happen because Bangkok is a Democrat stronghold.I mean if <snipped>

It will never happen because Chalerm is a liar par excellence, irregardless of what happens in the local governor election and would never honor a promise of silence for a week.

Also a Bangkok Pheu Thai MP, he's firmly rooted in his constituency, and demonstrates that if Chalerm can get elected there, anyone can by notoriously fickle Bangkok voters.

Bangkok MP with a constituency? I thought Chalerm was #2 on the PTP party list.

Surely PTP wouldn't allow such a valuable member of the party to actually face voters and electoral opposition. He has way too many skeletons half in the closet, and the loss of face if he had to answer questions would be unbearable.

Edited by OzMick

Electorally not that important actually.Any party however that controls Bangkok, the NE and North will win a colossal landslide.But it will never happen because the people of Bangkok loathe Thaksin's party - so the usual suspects tell us endlessly.

Would they be the same suspects people that tell us that the majority of educational resources are concentrated in Bangkok while the rural poor miss out? Top quality evidence to support their case.

Bangkok MP with a constituency? I thought Chalerm was #2 on the PTP party list.

He was Party-list in only the last election, but a constituency MP for Bangkok, for numerous elections prior, since 1986.

Edited by Buchholz

Oh, man... Thai politics confuses me. There I was thinking Chalerm was on Pongsapat's side, then I see Chalerm try to torpedo Pongspat's campaign with this.

Still, it's only 7 days so it might not sway too many people. If he'd said he was going to shut up for 7 weeks, he'd have pretty much guaranteed a loss.

This would be great news, if I could believe anything he says.

Many things in life can be classed as impossible and this is one of them. As Churchill would have said " he is inebriated by the exuberance of his own verbosity " and is even worse when he's on the sauce, that is if he's ever of it. No doubt he'll find an excuse to give an interview to explain again why he isn't giving interviews

• Like 1

Call me naive, but I thought the elections were about choosing a Bangkok governor, an official put on the spot for Bangkok only. That's not the same as choosing the Democrats party, or the Pheu thai party and surely not about Thaksin. Mind you, that's were the naivity might really start to kick in. rolleyes.gif

PS a typo no doubt, no one would like to win a landslide, not even a colossal one wink.png

Obviously I was just making a slightly facetious point (though enough to get one or two of the usual suspects agitated) and don't seriously think that the mayoral result in Bangkok - whatever it is - translates across to how the capital would vote in a general election.Nevertheless if Sukhumband wins -and he might - Democrats will surely be rabbiting on about the turning of the tide etc.Your response reminds me of those who maintain the triumph of of Yingluck and the PTP at the last election had absolutely nothing to do with Thaksin, when clearly it had something to do with it and probably quite a lot.Bangkok has its own dynamics but the election of a man associated with Thaksin certainly suggests something even if not as much as his supporters or opponents maintain.

Is 7 days the standard recovery time from massive celebration on election night?

That is probably the main reason, and that dam_n pesk ear medication which also seems to have some pretty strong side effects

Call me naive, but I thought the elections were about choosing a Bangkok governor, an official put on the spot for Bangkok only. That's not the same as choosing the Democrats party, or the Pheu thai party and surely not about Thaksin. Mind you, that's were the naivity might really start to kick in. rolleyes.gif

Obviously I was just making a slightly facetious point (though enough to get one or two of the usual suspects agitated) and don't seriously think that the mayoral result in Bangkok - whatever it is - translates across to how the capital would vote in a general election.Nevertheless if Sukhumband wins -and he might - Democrats will surely be rabbiting on about the turning of the tide etc.Your response reminds me of those who maintain the triumph of of Yingluck and the PTP at the last election had absolutely nothing to do with Thaksin, when clearly it had something to do with it and probably quite a lot.Bangkok has its own dynamics but the election of a man associated with Thaksin certainly suggests something even if not as much as his supporters or opponents maintain.

Why would the Democrats be "rabbiting on about the turning of the tide"? The Democrats "won" Bangkok in the national election. They've been in power in Bangkok in recent local elections.

IF they win, they will be celebrating that they've kept PTP at bay.

Why would the Democrats be "rabbiting on about the turning of the tide"? The Democrats "won" Bangkok in the national election. They've been in power in Bangkok in recent local elections.

IF they win, they will be celebrating that they've kept PTP at bay.

Just another way of saying the same thing.Do try to be more original.

The 'inopportune humour' probably reflects on the off topic part? This is on k. Chalerm making a statement, not on Thaksin.

Interesting though. Where else will you find a Capital city governor candidate who will openly associate (or be associated) with a fugitive criminal? How's the London Mayor doing these days?

BTW 'the election of a man associated with Thaksin certainly suggests something' suggests to me that you're living past election day already rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl

I couldn't find the bit where Chalerm actually promised anything.

I would respectfully ask you to refrain from artificially upping the moral ante by attributing his saying that he was going to do something as being the same as him promising he was going to do something. If I say that this evening I will go to 7-11 - is that a promise? If Abhisit says next year the Thai economy will weaken, is that a promise?

See what I mean? By adding more to the story than is actually there, you are putting all your hard earned integrity and criticism of PTP and its supporters at risk, and that would be a shame as you are doing such a fine job.

I would respectfully ask you to refrain from artificially upping the moral ante by attributing his saying that he was going to do something as being the same as him promising he was going to do something. If I say that this evening I will go to 7-11 - is that a promise? If Abhisit says next year the Thai economy will weaken, is that a promise?

See what I mean? By adding more to the story than is actually there, you are putting all your hard earned integrity and criticism of PTP and its supporters at risk, and that would be a shame as you are doing such a fine job.

Did you read the headline? "I won't give an interview for 7 days if Pongsapat loses." Is that not a promise? It's certainly not a threat.

Back in Kentucky where I come from a man's word is his bond. You could call that a promise but there is no need. I suppose things are different where you come from right?

What will the Thai people without their spiritual leader to guide them for a whole 7 days?

And more importantly, who will do YL's dirty work???

Seriously, I'm sure he's simply planning a bender ;)

A cunning plan, only matched by the likes of BALDRICK :)

Did you read the headline? "I won't give an interview for 7 days if Pongsapat loses." Is that not a promise? It's certainly not a threat.

Chalerm certainly appears to be an awful and quite scary person to have as a politician, but is it beyond the realms of possibility that it was a throwaway line, a joke or - given his..err.. appreciation... of the press - wishful thinking on his part? Lapping up purely the printed word without actually knowing the 'soft' facts - personality, context, etc doesn't always give one the clearest perspective.

How can I think that Chalerm is awful and yet still offer an alternative viewpoint on those words of his that were printed? It's a multicolored world out there.

Back in Kentucky where I come from a man's word is his bond. You could call that a promise but there is no need. I suppose things are different where you come from right?

What it's like where you or I come from is utterly irrelevant, except to serve as a reminder of how alien we are to this land. What it's like in Thailand is what actually matters here. Have you forgiven your parents for the Great Santa Claus Hoax yet?

Edited by 15Peter20

After (barely) recovering from the "Great Santa Claus Hoax", may I go back on topic with Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm promising to not give interviews for seven days if candidate Pongsapat looses?

I wonder if k. Chalerm will only offer statements which obviously is not the same as granting interviews. One might even look forward to Pheu Thai party candidate for the Bangkok Governor position k. Pongsapat winning if only to check how good the word of a Chalerm Y. is rolleyes.gif