Police Pay Rates

Waterloo

Nope, I just observe what actually happens. No system is perfect. The Thailand system is FAR, FAR, FAR from perfect, but for the most part you have more freedom from the police here in Thailand. Stay here long enough and you WILL get caught for some silly infraction, but the fine is usually minimal.

Death caused by stupid behaviour happens everywhere. No amount of compensation will bring back a loved one. Sticking someone in jail forever for killing someone in a drunken traffic accident won't bring back a loved one. It is only revenge. Western thinking is like religion; in theory, it SOUNDS good, but in practise it doesn't actually work. We are all still humans with all the frailities that humans have. Many humans in positions of authority abuse their power. All humans do things that are stupid, and sometimes people pay the ultimate sacrifice. I don't care where you live, it's all the same.

Sticking someone in jail forever for killing someone is a DETERRENCE.

If you don't punish people for breaking the law, they will continue to break the law.

........ But I do see many living way beyond what there income shows . So go figuire ..

If you have some evidence say so.

Otherwise Thai police will be just like my duck noodle guy with his fancy white Vigo who also looks like he lives beyond his means.....like everyone else here.