Ubc Signal

benson

have lost the signal from ch38 to ch 51 all the other channels are working fine??any ideas cus its doing my head in.cheers

Unplug the aerial.Wait 2 mins..re-insert(As the actress said to the Vicar).see if that works.

tried that no good. thinking a big hammer might be the only way out!

Looks like indeed the UBC boys will have to come over!

Part of the channels of UBC are horizontally polarized, another part vertically.

Your decoder box sends a signal to your LNB (the receiver-head on your dish) to look for horizontal or vertical signals, depending which channel you want to watch.

Either your decoder box is not sending out the correct signal, or your LNB stopped switching between vertical and horizontal.

Had something like that happen to me. Must have sat on the remote and somehow re-programmed the channel numbers.

Anyway, the fix was to go into one of the menues of the sat receiver and reset the channel numbers.

Once I had a problem where ALL the channels become scrambled (popular "no service or scrambled" message) after a short power cut from my apartment building.

Called UBC support, the officer ask me to do reset (off wait on) while she's resending signals to my box. After several tries, it went back to normal again.