How Much Do You Pay For Cleaners?

OxfordWill

I pay 200 to the cleaning ladies that works in my condo . But only when it's really dirty .

I can wash the floors myself. My mom teached me that , bless her.

I do it myself, and pay myself in beer.

That's the wife's job and I still get the beer.

How very last century.

In Thailand the women still know how to be women.

As do many of the men.

I left my condo a couple of weeks ago and was asked would I get a cleaner in to sort the place out of would I like the owner to sort out a cleaner. I told her I would do it myself. Seemed a bit pointless to get someone in to do it then have to do it myself anyway.

Seriously how many men are unable to clean a plate ?

Have a maid/nanny who lives with us... Place is spotless. 12k per month. When she started it was 8500 just to be a nanny.. 12000 for everything.. And she is a great cook.

Sent from my c64

That's just a waste of money , you could clean the house yourself.

And cook yourself. LIke the rest of us poor people.

Its money well spent.

I work very long hours and so does the wife... For a couple of hundred dollars we now dont have to worry about this.

And my daughter is well taken care of.. When we are not home.

If i lived alone.. Then yes its a waste of money... I dont need a nanny... Only a maid :)

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Do your Sister in law still doing part time job as cleaner? maybe i need some worker who can do for me.

I was talking to my wife and saying my sister in law should start cleaning places and doing odd jobs. She's about 35 and never glomed onto a proper job. She has a good disposition and the whole family honest and good natured.

I could set her up.with a simple web page and pass the info in various ways on the interwebs.

If I can ask, what would this group look for in hiring a stranger, if they would at all. Once she had a few places, Im sure word of mouth could help her immensely - but until them, will be a hard go.

I'd think she'd need roughly 150b for transport per day, depending on the location of the domicile. Id recommend her charge about 350 (puts 300 in pocket and pays lunch)? Once a month, twice a month, once or twice a week??

Im sure she would be ok with laundry, she does it on the side already. She is a great cook, has cooked "professionally" for large corporation sending box meals for staff. You would have to teach her to cook western.

SoSpeaks Thai only

She wouldnt need any proper work arrangements. No need to gift her out on anything Id think. Severence just some token of five hundred baht to tell.her its over, thanks. If you are not happy with the job, nothing required, phone call before she comes. Done.

If anyone could give me some pointers, it would be great. She really needs work. In Bangkok and lives close to MRT.

Thanks for any help or insight what your needs are.