Any Three-Wheeled Motor Bike With Roof In Thailand?

noctiluca

My first time in this forum. My apology if this is in an inappropriate place.

I'm looking for a trike scooter, something similar to these scooters below, with a roof-type fairing.

XY150ZK (It has quite a few brands, depending where it is sold, e.g. Xingyue/Vogue/MotoMoto/MotoMojo)

Honda Gyro Canopy

Are they sold in Thailand, especially in Bangkok metro area? I'd appreciate any help if someone can tell me where to find them or whom to contact? Thanks.

post-22166-0-83455900-1360255824_thumb.j

post-22166-0-16355000-1360255844_thumb.j

Edited by noctiluca

????????

http://www.bahtsold....le-trike-113580

looks expensive for something with no book

Edit: Bang Yai there is a dealer with lots of new 3 wheel Scooters some as a 3 wheel pickup,

no roof but sure not expensive to have made.......... or like the disabled here have any bike or scooter converted, mostly Honda Airblades most have twin rear wheels, but have seen with twin front wheels, + many other makes + big bikes.... seen 2nd hand For Sale eg: 3 wheel Airblade 2007.. 60,000 baht

Normal bike/scooter with sidecar and roof ?? 100's here

Edited by ignis

????????

Edit: Bang Yai there is a dealer with lots of new 3 wheel Scooters some as a 3 wheel pickup,

no roof but sure not expensive to have made.......... or like the disabled here have any bike or scooter converted, mostly Honda Airblades most have twin rear wheels, but have seen with twin front wheels, + many other makes + big bikes.... seen 2nd hand For Sale eg: 3 wheel Airblade 2007.. 60,000 baht

these bike/scooter with roofed sidecar construction;

are they legal or not legal? (in LoS that is)

I think I saw a thread here on TV that stressed that these bike/sidecar vehicles were not legal

and that you would have problem getting a tabian for such a vehicle.

Views?

I'd love to have a motocy/sidecar with roof combination,

fantastic vehicle for getting around as a tourist (IMHO)

reasonable speed for longer stretches, easy to go slow slow for look look,

easy to park, fresh breeze, some sun protection, some rain protection

plenty space for 2 persons and 2 backpacks

post-129716-0-29575800-1360289370_thumb.

something like the above, just great for sight seeing

Edited by melvinmelvin

????????

these bike/scooter with roofed sidecar construction;

are they legal or not legal? (in LoS that is)

I think I saw a thread here on TV that stressed that these bike/sidecar vehicles were not legal

and that you would have problem getting a tabian for such a vehicle.

Views?

I'd love to have a motocy/sidecar with roof combination,

fantastic vehicle for getting around as a tourist (IMHO)

reasonable speed for longer stretches, easy to go slow slow for look look,

easy to park, fresh breeze, some sun protection, some rain protection

plenty space for 2 persons and 2 backpacks

post-129716-0-29575800-1360289370_thumb.

something like the above, just great for sight seeing

Yeah but a slow sightseeing. You migt need a century to see thailand with it. Besides, license is hard to get for them. Just better buy a car.

Not three wheeled but you can have a roof fitted to any scooter in Thailand. I have seen at least three in Bangkok. Don't know where but next time I'll stop and ask.

Like this

8265055899_80aebb38a4_z.jpg

As has been said get a normal scooter converted to three wheeled as use by disabled in Thailand.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

news-graphics-2004-_570812a.jpg

i have seen a couple of these in bkk but probably cost a fortune

if you want to import one and get all its paperwork legal

I have also seen one of those. It is normally parked inside a shop I visit now and then in Chinatown area.

I doubt that it is privately imported.

If the OP is interested to enquire where its bought etc:

Find the intersection of Worachak Road and Luang Road, walk down Luang on the left hand side.

(Direction; away from Chinatown, or towards a big yellow building that Luang runs into, just look both ways in Luang,

in one direction you'll easily spot the big yellow building.)

A bit more than halfway down the road there will be a Toyota Spare Part shop named Chira.

The bike is parked inside the shop.

(There is also a Toyota Chira shop on the right hand side of the street, you want the one on the left.)

Thanks you all for the comments. I especially like the one VocalNeal posted. Wonder where you can have the roof made like that with windshield wiper.

@melvinmelvin I'll check that place out when I'm in the area, but definitely after the Chinese New Year.

I'm thinking, if Tuk Tuk or 'Sam Lor Krueng' in the old days can be legal on the streets, wouldn't the trikes/scooters I'm looking for be legal also? I've even heard of one big motor bikes with three wheels (can't remember the brand but the two wheels are in front) being advertised not long ago. I think it's imported from Europe or somewhere, but it is certainly very expensive. Much more suitable to be a rich man's toy, but not for me.

The 3 wheeler in the first post video looks like a Chinese made model I saw being advertised on Alibaba. Unfortunately Alibaba is trade only......unless you want to buy a container load to share with your friends.....buddy!

Thanks you all for the comments. I especially like the one VocalNeal posted. Wonder where you can have the roof made like that with windshield wiper.

@melvinmelvin I'll check that place out when I'm in the area, but definitely after the Chinese New Year.

I'm thinking, if Tuk Tuk or 'Sam Lor Krueng' in the old days can be legal on the streets, wouldn't the trikes/scooters I'm looking for be legal also? I've even heard of one big motor bikes with three wheels (can't remember the brand but the two wheels are in front) being advertised not long ago. I think it's imported from Europe or somewhere, but it is certainly very expensive. Much more suitable to be a rich man's toy, but not for me.

Can-Am Spyder

spyder1.jpg

@dave_boo Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Too much of a big bike and pricey for me, though.

@ignis Sorry. For some reason, I missed your post. That's exactly the scooter/trike I'm looking for!!. I think the brand may vary, though. On the second thought, its tentative price is exorbitant. sad.png

Anyway, I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact the guy for some info. Thanks for the help! wai.gif

But if you guys have any other leads, please feel free to share.

Can-Am Spyder

spyder1.jpg

Over priced and over here! In Oz they are continually having special price deals or offering gift packs to try and sell em. AU$23,500 plus OTR last time I looked.

• 11 months later...

I have a Lion/Diamond electric trike.

They get around @ 25 kmh OK but no good on hills.(it wont get me out of Kamala.)

Ok by the Orbortor for village use without registration or licence.

Assembled in Bangkok but a long wait for spare parts from O/S.

Average build quality.

Batteries last about 12-15 months (6000 baht to replace).

There is a Click to Trike converter in Phuket town - if only I could find him.

Any clues anyone?

post-77773-0-82235800-1389854573_thumb.j

Edited by Evilbaz

You can buy in Thailand this 3-wheeled car, which is powered by a 175cc single-cylinder engine.... (liquid-cooled)

They have them in several fancy colors, but don't expect to break any speed records....

there is a wall fan inside that thing.laugh.png

You can buy in Thailand this 3-wheeled car, which is powered by a 175cc single-cylinder engine.... (liquid-cooled)

They have them in several fancy colors, but don't expect to break any speed records....

there is a wall fan inside that thing.laugh.png

To be honest I believe the ventilator is only available in the deluxe version... hahaha