Need To Buy A New Wireless Adsl Router. Any Recommendations?

tropo

I have a home phone line ADSL where phone calls often disconnect the ADSL and must connect again - D-Link and Linksys modem/router were total loosers but TP-Link normally reconnected without manual intervention. On advise of above last week installed the Asus DSL-N12U B1 and upgraded firmware to 1.0.4.1 and so far very happy with it. Has not prevented disconnects but unit has not failed to reconnect immediately and appears to be working well. Another positive is lights are on the top and not bright so not a problem in bedroom. Setup requires you install CD software for the printer server setup (although the printer appears available in modem without doing that step).

Ordered from InvadeIT website for 2,190 baht and received within 48 hours.

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/adsl-networking/asus/dsl-n12u-b1-300mbps-wireless-n-adsl-modem-router-with-all-in-one-usb-printer-server-p007452/

• 2 months later...

Nobody likes Cisco Linksys routers ? Never had problem with them I'm thinking about buying a new one.

Actually they must all be the same Chinese made crap so I guess that it is useless to think about which one to buy ?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a home phone line ADSL where phone calls often disconnect the ADSL and must connect again - D-Link and Linksys modem/router were total loosers but TP-Link normally reconnected without manual intervention. On advise of above last week installed the Asus DSL-N12U B1 and upgraded firmware to 1.0.4.1 and so far very happy with it. Has not prevented disconnects but unit has not failed to reconnect immediately and appears to be working well. Another positive is lights are on the top and not bright so not a problem in bedroom. Setup requires you install CD software for the printer server setup (although the printer appears available in modem without doing that step).

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/adsl-networking/asus/dsl-n12u-b1-300mbps-wireless-n-adsl-modem-router-with-all-in-one-usb-printer-server-p007452/

I bought one at a Champ networking shop in fortuneIT new for 1690 or 1590. It was the n12u B1 with 1.0.4.1 already upgraded, new in the box. They said it was 5 year warranty.

Great router interface; every important quick-start function is on the admin home screen. Keep the dlink as a backup I guess.

• 5 weeks later...

I bought one at a Champ networking shop in fortuneIT new for 1690 or 1590. It was the n12u B1 with 1.0.4.1 already upgraded, new in the box. They said it was 5 year warranty.

Great router interface; every important quick-start function is on the admin home screen. Keep the dlink as a backup I guess.

Got one in Chiang Mai for 1650 baht and it is off to a good start. 5 year warranty seems good as I have not had a previous router last that long. Thanks for the recommendation.

• 3 months later...

I just tried to order from Invadeit and was told it is no longer available which must be a recent thing.

Anyone know where I might find one in Phuket ?