Thai Airways Website Is A Nightmare

UbonOz

I recently flew FRA to BKK on a 747 with THAI. It was fantastic. Great food, great service. The lounge was amazing. Not the most attractive flight attendants but much better than the United flight attendants on my way back to the USA. I understand that route is now serviced by a brand new A380.

My ticket was booked through United, so I cannot comment on THAI's website.

I once flew from Khon Kaen to Udon on THAI and they even served food on that super short flight. There are 3 hour flights in the USA that don't even give you a snack!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TG 77W tired and worn out? I dared say you weren't on the 77W and you're aircraft was swapped last minute as is notorious on TG.

The 77W (leased from Jet Airways) is one of the more modern birds in the TG coup.

Actually, no, I was not on one of the 77Ws leased from Jet Airways. I was referring to the aircraft owned and fitted out by TG. TG will be returning the leased Jet Airways 77Ws this year. Isn't it ironic that the only decently fitted out aircraft currently in the TG fleet aren't even owned by TG?

• Like 1

bubba,

Sorry for not quoting the correct postee, I was referring to loumaripol in relation to their BKK-CTS flight which upon further sleuthing reveals that it's supposed to be operated by an A333.

Further digging shows that for the first 14 days of this month it has been operated by a 772

FWIW - TG don't own any 77W, they're all leased from either Jet Airways or BOC Aviation (aircraft leasing company)

I can't say I've flown on the A380 but judging by comments I've read - IMHO this is their best product owned/leased or otherwise...

Funds have been returned to credit card today from Thai, ten days after trying to book.

Not going to risk another drama so I have now booked Nok Air, took five minutes to complete the booking.

At the risk of going slightly off-topic, I can never get the Air India website to display BKK-LHR routings, they assure me that "There are no flights operating on this date", although putting in BKK-DEL and DEL-LHR works fine. But how to explore the possibilities of a connecting-flight ? Guess they must not want the business !

Well Jet did once reschedule me, for a flight on an onward sector, which departed before I'd landed from the inbound one, it's true ! Luckily I spotted it ! rolleyes.gif

I was just looking for any connection, several hours or more, even. Using their multiple-cities option, it again says no-flights.

I could probably book the two individual-flights, on separate tickets, but then wouldn't get any discounts or transit airside through Delhi ?

It's just another example of a disfunctional website, from a legacy-carrier, I think. Perhaps people booking in other countries (I'm based in Thailand) have a different experience, or maybe it's a browser-issue ?

bubba,

Sorry for not quoting the correct postee, I was referring to loumaripol in relation to their BKK-CTS flight which upon further sleuthing reveals that it's supposed to be operated by an A333.

Further digging shows that for the first 14 days of this month it has been operated by a 772

FWIW - TG don't own any 77W, they're all leased from either Jet Airways or BOC Aviation (aircraft leasing company)

I can't say I've flown on the A380 but judging by comments I've read - IMHO this is their best product owned/leased or otherwise...

Don't get your hopes up. The TG A380 economy seating is more cramped than their 747-400 and 777 seat, with 32" pitch on the A380 compared to 34" seat pitch on the 747-400 and 777s. Since the A380 is their newest aircraft, I guess this shows you where they are headed in terms of offering quality service.

Business class isn't any better. Seat pitch on the new A380 business class is 44", with a narrow 20" seat width. Their 747-400 has seat pitch of 60". Compare that to SG's business class seat width of 34". Or with Emirates biz class seats plus the bar area.

I still don't know why so many people have bought the A380 hype anyway. I just don't get all that excited about boarding an aircraft with more than 500 passengers, and then getting off with all 500 and waiting around for 1000 bags to come down the chute. I'd take a 777 or even better a 787 any day over that.

Edited by bubba

I only ever use them for internal flights. Their international cabin service is awful and they are overpriced.

Any examples, complaints made to the airline or just Thai bashing?

Yes, I used to fly Thai at least once a week (go & return, therefore 2 flights), sometimes three trips per week.

I complained numerous times, never ever had a reply. On one occasion their switchbard told me, in English, that they don't have a complaints dept., because for Thai inter it's not needed.

Worst experience ever was in Bus class, flying with my 18 yr old Thai son. Son asked politely for a glass of coke and was told, 'go and ask in economy class'. I quickly asked the cabin att. girl why she didn't fulfill his request and just got arrogance.

I called the purser and complained, she made no attempt to rectify the matter or to apologize. To cap it all, about 20 minutes later another bus. section attendant approached and said to me 'why were you so rude to my friend, she comes from a famous family'.

I wrote a complaint about this incident, no responce, and after 14 days I sent it again, no response.