Honda Crf250M Motard

BirdsandBooze

• 3 weeks later...

Sure there is already a thread running for these.

Did you ask how much?

I'm very interested in this bike; the last time I asked at the local Honda dealer about availability they had no idea it even existed.

If there's a thread with more info please let me know where, I searched but didn't find one.

Price would be of interest, of course.

Can't wait until the weekend to check with my Honda dealer!

The look takes a bit getting used to, personally I like it, it looks kind of "back-door garage". That's because some riders simply changed the wheels of their enduros themselves to use them in the city mostly on the streets. The factories picked up on that trend and started offering ready-made super-motos with 17" wheels. Far as I know the French were the first to do that, called them "supermotard" and mainly used Suzuki DR650s which is a bit big for the dirt anyways but perfect for blasting through the streets, take a shortcut through the park.

The CRF/M should have stiffer suspension, a higher top-speed and better brakes, making it a bit pricier than the CRF/L.

How many 250cc bikes are legally sold in Thailand now?

cbr, crf, crfM, N250,Z250,D-Tracker and KLX.

Seven. Not bad considering it was zero at the beginning of 2008.

Good point - I read somewhere that the manufacturers see a bright future in Asian markets, with small, cheap bikes. Kawasaki and Honda at least seem to be buying into it.... Was it only 2008 I got my first big bike? D-Tracker...

The black one looks great if you remove that fugly red sticker... its matte black like a hypermotard...

Edit: Hold on that does not look matte black in that pic! The press shot looked awesome in matte and without that abomination of a sticker on the side... what happened there, Honda?

Edited by nikster

I noticed that, too, the shiny dark grey - could be the photo quality or it's a one-off show bike with the wrong plastics.

If it would be at the dealers I would've read about it already.

I love that beak, it's from the enduro, and ith the 17" wheels it gives the bike an "unfinished" look, kind of aggressive.

It would be difficult to get a low street-bike type mudguard onto those upside down forks!

Am looking at buying a second hand crf250l that has been converted. I prefer the colour scheme and its already got all the mods I would choose. Is this unwise?

Just so long as the bike is legit shouldn't be a prob at all thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Not many second hand CRFs for sale, and not many have been "converted". And the few who were are pricey, a set of quality rims and good tires can cost easily 50K.

Why not buy the factory version and change the plastics? The white plastics should be easy to paint a light color of your choice.

Not many second hand CRFs for sale, and not many have been "converted". And the few who were are pricey, a set of quality rims and good tires can cost easily 50K.

Why not buy the factory version and change the plastics? The white plastics should be easy to paint a light color of your choice.

Found the bike I want for a price am happy with. Its more than just the plastics, the CRF250m has a painted frame and black forks. What rims and tires are you looking at for 50k?

Found the bike I want for a price am happy with. Its more than just the plastics, the CRF250m has a painted frame and black forks. What rims and tires are you looking at for 50k?

I like the white with gold rims thumbsup.gif

post-90070-0-45487500-1362199553_thumb.j

attachicon.gifCRF250L Motard.jpg

img_2559.jpg

The gold forks and silver frame and swingarm looks a lot better than the matt black they have thrown on the motard version IMO

p.s do we really need two threads for this bike just a tad annoying and mods never come in here to change it

Edited by taninthai

Some top-of-the line rims can be expensive, plus Pirellis can run you quickly close to 50K.

The conversion above should have the smaller front disc, softer spring settings and the gearing of the CRF.

I kinda like the dark frame but the black fork legs are not as cool as the gold ones!

attachicon.gifCRF250L Motard.jpg

Black seat and black rims look good to thumbsup.gif

I don't know why we need two threads for this bike either - the other one has already gone to 3 pages....

50k for wheels and tires is crazy in Thailand, unless you are talking US prices plus import costs etc....

The wheels/tires the D-Tracker has shouldn't be that expensive??

I think I paid less than 30k in BKK to have 17s put on my CRF using the stock hubs, (3.5/4.25 + common Pirellis from memory)

Need to factor in a bigger disk as well......

Maybe discussions could be continued in the thread that has been going for a while already?