Nok Air Calendar "inappropriate"

webfact

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article just shows the two faces of Thai culture. They allow prostitution all over Thailand but criticize a business which uses scantily clad women to sell products. The logic (or lack thereof) is if you don't admit it then it is not there.

• Like 1

"She noted that this explained why foreigners still have negative attitude towards Thai women."

This calendar is a genuine upgrade compared to a stroll down any Thai soi, view and be propositioned by all the girls working the sex trade. The calendar is a real upgrade compared to the girls working "freelance" in all the hotel bars and clubs. The minister should know that Thailand is the world's house of ill repute and this is what gives the outside world and foreigners a "negative" attitude about Thai women. Nothing more than the truth is acceptable. The minister is in denial as are all Thais. And the newspaper is a sham for printing such a story while knowing the truth.

• Like 1

I'm for the introduction of the bikini clad girls into the cabin on all Nok flight.

How about as a group "Thaivisa" we lobby Nok air with our full support and congratulate them on such a good calendar and ask that they consider a re-print for all who buy a ticket.

• Like 1

This article just shows the two faces of Thai culture. They allow prostitution all over Thailand but criticize a business which uses scantily clad women to sell products. The logic (or lack thereof) is if you don't admit it then it is not there.

prostitution is not allowed

"She said the ministry will soon host a discussion with related parties like the advertising association, PR companies, media and consumer protection agencies to address the issue, before using female bodies as a marketing tool will becomes an acceptable norm."

Has she ever seen a cosmetics commercial on TV?

Has she ever seen a marketing promotion at a Thai shopping centre?

Has she read a Thai glossy magazine

etc. etc.

I would say the use of the female body as a marketing tool is already engrained into Thai society, as it is in just about any country outside the Muslim world.

"Thai airways responded that it had tried to compete with its own calendar, but had been unable to find 12 appropriately aged and sized stewardesses"

I'm looking forward to the PC Air version.

Mankinis?

I just did what I thought was the impossible.....laughed, farted, then threw up at the same time. Yikes.

"She said the ministry will soon host a discussion with related parties like the advertising association, PR companies, media and consumer protection agencies to address the issue, before using female bodies as a marketing tool will becomes an acceptable norm."

etc. etc.

I would say the use of the female body as a marketing tool is already engrained into Thai society, as it is in just about any country outside the Muslim world.

Agree. How many have been in the food courts at Tesco and Big C and noticed the beer girls in thier tight little outfits dripping in appeal. Where do they display the company logo's? It is not across the back of thier skimpy little tops but strategically placed across the breasts and thier tight little <deleted>. Location, location, location.

My wife won't let me eat down at that end of the court anymore as she says it takes me to long to eat.

• Like 1

etc. etc.

Agree. How many have been in the food courts at Tesco and Big C and noticed the beer girls in thier tight little outfits dripping in appeal. Where do they display the company logo's? It is not across the back of thier skimpy little tops but strategically placed across the breasts and thier tight little <deleted>. Location, location, location.

My wife won't let me eat down at that end of the court anymore as she says it takes me to long to eat.

So your problem is excessive mastication?

etc. etc.

So your problem is excessive mastication?

Exactly but I do like a good advertising campaign also.

address the issue, before using female bodies as a marketing tool will becomes an acceptable norm.

uh duh i believe you might be a few decades too late....pretty tame calendar compared to some American and other countries ads that run openly on TV , magazines, etc and not just for a few "fans"...........

it's almost like Nok paid for this FREE PUBLICITY...otherwise nobody would have much even known about it.....their marketing folks should send a thank you note....

SEX SELLS...always has, always will

• Like 1

A tip for all you people wishing to promote your business. Don't waste money on expensive radio and television air time or advertising in newspapers and social media outlets. Simply tip of the Minister of Culture and you product will go viral on a global scale.

They look great but of course all the girls collective brain power could not fuel a hamster wheel.

What else are they going to do? Chang Beer girl job?

spoken like a true miogynist. A real sofa warrior who has had no contact with any of the women pictured, and rare contact with an unpaid companion

+1

• Like 1

................. It's a bit like having a political party with lots of experienced and capable politicians and then choosing a woman to be PM for her looks rather than any knowledge of politics.

Oh come on! That's pushing the bounds of reality a bit far isn't it?.................. wink.png

................. It's a bit like having a political party with lots of experienced and capable politicians and then choosing a woman to be PM for her looks rather than any knowledge of politics.

Oh come on! That's pushing the bounds of reality a bit far isn't it?.................. wink.png

Ok can you give us your opinion as to why she was chosen?

....ahaaa... not heard of irony or sarcasm then?... (hint : please note the winking smiley)

To spell it out - I was being sarcastic - joking - not serious - it was in agreement...

Edited by Greer

....ahaaa... not heard of irony or sarcasm then?... (hint : please note the winking smiley)

To spell it out - I was being sarcastic - joking - not serious - it was in agreement...

My bad my friend. I apopogize. Too many Leos today.
  • Like 2