Starting A New Social Motorcycle Club In Kamphaeng Phet

aussiewill

In Kamphaeng Phet, there just are not many falong to start with, and now you want to limit the kinds of bikes too. I wish you good luck, I am interested, However, when the Ducati club invited me along for a ride, and I showed up on my PCX, and most,, not all, could not keep up in the twisties, they did not invite me back. So must be a face thing for you I guess

What type of Special HiSo bikes are you looking for in your club ?

In Kamphaeng Phet, there just are not many falong to start with, and now you want to limit the kinds of bikes too. I wish you good luck, I am interested, However, when the Ducati club invited me along for a ride, and I showed up on my PCX, and most,, not all, could not keep up in the twisties, they did not invite me back. So must be a face thing for you I guess

What type of Special HiSo bikes are you looking for in your club ?

I got a good laugh out of your post. I remember following two Thai guys riding two up on a "scooter" (100cc, skinny half flat tires). I was on my well appointed ER. The road was a long up and mostly downhill twisty coming from Mae Sariang to Chiangmai. I knew I needed to pass the little buggers, but try as I may, I couldn't keep up. It was almost enough to make me get a full face helmet to avoid face recognition. Oh wait, my face was gone!

Edited by Ticketmaster

Few boardmembers in that neck of the woods. mbox and I are down in Nakhon Sawan but IIRC he only has a 150 right now and I'm just slow. billd is up there, but he rides a 4-600(?)cc chopper. So that would give you an 'merican, anglishman, and austrian...with only one of them that isn't usually busy.

:(

Can I bring my honda dio 50cc but with power commandeer and turbocharged?

You can ride with me anytime. Just do me a favour and keep it below 160......cos I think if I did over 160 the wind pressure would blow me off the bike! rolleyes.gif

I believe he's busy trying to import his Harley from the States to Thailand

I've got some cardboard boxes and 3M tape for sale. Give me 10 minutes and I'll rustle up some shredded Home Pro catalogues.

• Like 1

Few boardmembers in that neck of the woods. mbox and I are down in Nakhon Sawan but IIRC he only has a 150 right now and I'm just slow. billd is up there, but he rides a 4-600(?)cc chopper. So that would give you an 'merican, anglishman, and austrian...with only one of them that isn't usually busy.

sad.png

I got rid of the Yamaha several months ago as trying to start it was like the sound of several bags of spanners being thrown into dustbin. A mate up in Phitlok has it now and after spendin several baht on it he is more than happy.

I still have my old dog of a Phantom and I am also "looking after" my German mates Honda CB400. It runs as sweet as a nut but ridden hard the loudest noise is not the exhaust but 4 carbs sucking gas like it is going out of fashion.

• 2 weeks later...

yes it will happen just sorting a few issues out first i guess it will be open 2 all bikes as ive had a few emails with people with scotters i will send more details soon regarding when will be happening i also want try create family days so everyone can meet have lunch and a general good time thank you everyone and yes its about riding safe not going at 160 km a hour ha ha ha

Aussiewill,

May I humbly suggest that as you say invite all. Do not make a "club", just a get together. Some guys like to ride but are not into belonging. Club suggests rules and a hierarchy which also some are not into. Then politics set in and before you know there is no "club".

Have a destination which is announced, hand out a suggested route map to all and then like running clubs have the riders split themselves into "pace groups" so they can ride together at their own pace. After one or two rides everyone will know who they are comfortable riding with and everyone meets up for lunch, coffee whatever. This way you separate the group into small clusters of riders and do not create a convoy. But I suspect you are aware of this?

Good luck with some good sunny days out.

Edited by VocalNeal

Well you see all things here in LOS. The missus and I were up 331 a good way when we stopped for coffee at a servo which had an Amazon. Lo and behold 2 Harley riders turned up with an Er6n and Ducati something in tow (it was red, if that helps). Then a little while later a bloke turns up on a Versys.....and he knows the first lot of lads!

On Harley rides in Oz they usually have a pick-up in tow.....not a bunch of rice burners.....and spagetti burner!

Well you see all things here in LOS. The missus and I were up 331 a good way when we stopped for coffee at a servo which had an Amazon. Lo and behold 2 Harley riders turned up with an Er6n and Ducati something in tow (it was red, if that helps). Then a little while later a bloke turns up on a Versys.....and he knows the first lot of lads!

On Harley rides in Oz they usually have a pick-up in tow.....not a bunch of rice burners.....and spagetti burner!

Too qualify as a true harley owner you have to have a pickup and trailer to tow your Harley other wise Sturgis would be a big flop every year

Too qualify as a true harley owner you have to have a pickup and trailer to tow your Harley other wise Sturgis would be a big flop every year

So if it was a club ride....they would have a really really big trailer?