Goodbye Pattaya

breadbin

I want to say goodbye to Pattaya.

House sold and funds now being transferred.

Losing job in UK so will be looking for a new job after 14 years working for government.

Depressing times but wife works here part time and I will need to claim benefits while I get another job.

So, it's goodbye to Thailand for sometime maybe.

Are there any others in UK on here that have list their jobs?

It would be nice to chat as at present I am all doom and gloom, falling into depression and can't see the way ahead.

Thank you

sorry to hear you have lost your job & it is getting you down. Can I recommend a book to read The Secret, Rhonda Byrne, available in paperback & audio book, i will reinforce what you already know but forgotten how to use it your cup is always half full, never half empty, surround yourself by positive & successful people & you will become successful again. good luck in your new job search evn the person sat next to you on the plane going back to UK could be your next employer good luck. John B-P

• Like 1

hi,

just try stay positive, count yourself very lucky you have welfare benefit to fall back on, lots of guys dont have that luxury ( any wonder so many throw themselves off balconies ) its depressing going home to uk anytime for me even after a long holiday but you will feel better in time. im about to embark on a business in pattaya in near future and i could lose my life savings but its a gamble which im now ready to take and maybe i will be going home like you but im prpared for the outcome no matter what and at least i will leave my wife and kid with money in the bank for themselves if the shit hits the fan for me.

jai yen yen thumbsup.gif

Working for the government or being on the dole...what's the diff? Either way, a burden to the UK taxpayer...high taxes to pay for it all...maybe that's why the UK economy is in the toilet.

Someone has had a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years ago I voiced concern at those gold plated,index linked pensions,coupled with early retirement were going to be the death of theUK tax paying public,well they were,and are,and becoming such a burden that Im embarrassed. As one of the recipients ,never do I divulge what my job was now,might get scalped

Anyway your joining millions of others in the same boat,and it will get worse for sure,Christ,just cannot believe how bad its getting. think of Spain ,far worse

I wish you well. Maybe u shud consider a business in booming Asia, eh.

Friend, I am at loss to understand when U say - " I want to say goodbye to Pattaya......Losing job in UK so will be looking for a new job after 14 years working for government." Is it possible to be in the U.K and Pattaya at the same time ? or

Were u working for the British govt. posted to Pattaya for 14 yrs?

My present g/frd who is 16 yrs old has already lived in 4 countries & traveled a lot - as her Dad is some kind of British consular official. They are presently in T/land for 3 yrs. Good luck friend.

Edited by SparklingCascades

14 years working for UK government here, heart not exactly bleeding for you at least you got 14 years out of the good life out the tax payer and the benefits for the future. Sooner you than me. My tenant just lost his job so quitting the house he is out and about looking for a new job. List your transferable skills, try not to look at the others in the benefit office. Learn how to beef up your CV, but as ex employer an ex civil servant CV would hit the bin straight away.

Just make sure that opening letter crabs the intention of the person reading yours and a few hundred more.

Working for the government or being on the dole...what's the diff? Either way, a burden to the UK taxpayer...high taxes to pay for it all...maybe that's why the UK economy is in the toilet.

The UK government just sacked the OP, and probably some more, eroding public services to the breaking point. You taxes won't be lower nonetheless, welfare for your beloved private corporations is on the rise.

Who says the man worked in Pattaya? Aren't there lots of people who think buying a home in Thailand is a good deal, and aren't retired yet? They come here for the holidays, rent the home out for the rest of the year, or house the wife and her family in it.

Forget about working for the government again. Those days are over. Sit down at the kitchen table and write out a list of all the possible money making ideas you can think of. Narrow the list down to ten and then work your way through them. Don't watch daytime television, treat this as your new job. If you put enough time and effort into it you will find one idea that works.

Forget about working for the government again. Those days are over. Sit down at the kitchen table and write out a list of all the possible money making ideas you can think of. Narrow the list down to ten and then work your way through them. Don't watch daytime television, treat this as your new job. If you put enough time and effort into it you will find one idea that works.

delete the idea of robbing a bank!

• Like 1

My daughter was made redundant in the UK six months ago ,started a small buisness ,advertized on facebook and is going from strength to strengh , same happened to me 30 years ago ,got a far better job ,never looked back ,but you must always always think ,"one door closes,another one opens" or my friend you will be doomed.

My present g/frd who is 16 yrs old has already lived in 4 countries & traveled a lot

Uhh. Sorry? Sixteen?

May I enquire as to how old you are?

My present g/frd who is 16 yrs old has already lived in 4 countries & traveled a lot

Uhh. Sorry? Sixteen?

May I enquire as to how old you are?

Does it matter how old he is? I'm 82 and got a 17 year old girl friend

I am sure many applaud your vigour. Or your wallet.

But I am fairly sure my question was asked politely in response to information freely given.

Edited by FWIW

I heard there are 8 able-bodied people chasing every vacancy in the UK at the moment. On top of that, the DWP are throwing the disabled off incapacity benefit via the flawed ATOS Work Capability Assessments and making them look for work, meaning there are even more chasing every job. It's tough for everyone. Good luck!

Edited by katana

Actually, I think you'll find that you have a 17 year old employee.

Actually, I think you will find more than 95% of the chaps on here who think they have wives or girl friends, of any age, also have an 'employee'.

Try stopping the 'paycheque' (Housekeeping, money for mama/papa or whatever) and just see how long it takes them to find another 'employer'.

Simon

• Like 2

Actually, I think you will find more than 95% of the chaps on here who think they have wives or girl friends, of any age, also have an 'employee'.

Try stopping the 'paycheque' (Housekeeping, money for mama/papa or whatever) and just see how long it takes them to find another 'employer'.

Simon

Simon

I know Im 82 (actually 83 next month) but as an employee I love it, my girlfriend (yes 17 years old) loves me to bits,(might start a family soon too.

actually 16 year old - as if she is Thai then Thais are one year old from birth - there is no zero year old by TThai definition, any of you out there with a 17yo Thai girlfriend - by western understanding she is actually 16