I Have A Thai Child What Are My Visa Options ?

I am wondering if you can keep the benefit of the extension of stay if you divorce from your thai wife...

Does it will be depend if you share the parental power with the mom ?

Interesting question as the number of divorces between mix couple is quite high...

No. And most offices have you sign an understanding of this during the extension of stay application. When the reason for the extension ends the extension must be immediately canceled and you must either obtain another type extension or depart.

I am wondering if you can keep the benefit of the extension of stay if you divorce from your thai wife...

Does it will be depend if you share the parental power with the mom ?

Interesting question as the number of divorces between mix couple is quite high...

No. And most offices have you sign an understanding of this during the extension of stay application. When the reason for the extension ends the extension must be immediately canceled and you must either obtain another type extension or depart.

Yes true if the reason of the extension is the marriage but what about asking the extension based on the child ?

Hi everyone,

So if my understanding is good, even married to a thai wife and having a child with her, you still need to make visa-runs every 90 days, unless if you have an income of 40k/month certified by your ambassy, is that correct? I earn more than 40k/month but it's from online freelancing so my ambassy won't certify it :( There are situations like mine for which I just don't know how to proceed to be fully legal to everyone, as I'm working everywhere (I'm traveling a lot) and I don't know to whom I should pay taxes and if it would be to Thailand then I still don't want to be employed nor need to have employees...

What country's embassy is that? Most embassies do not verify and certify your income, they only certify the authenticity of your signature on an affidavit, written by yourself, declaring the amount of your income.

What country's embassy is that? Most embassies do not verify and certify your income, they only certify the authenticity of your signature on an affidavit, written by yourself, declaring the amount of your income.

this is exactly what I did!!!! I printed out bank statements for the last 6 months of both my european and thai bank accounts, both showing more than 40k incoming every month (and showing tansferts from the european to the thai each month), and hand-wrote note saying that I hereby myself certify earning more than 40k bahts/month and then I got all the documents stapled and stamped by my ambassy.

Once at the immigration in jomtien the woman told me that they need an "official letter" from the ambassy, and not some hand-written paper... so what, I'm gonna print out the exact same text from a printer and it'll be accepted? Still gotta go back to my ambassy in bangkok and pay the fee for the stamp..... jeez

Edited by Annonymous