Standard Contract For Condominium Purchase

I am considering buying an off-plan condominium unit. I have found that the Thai condominium act Section 6/2 requires that any contract that fails to meet the minimum protection provided by standard contract O.C. 22 is not valid.

I have been able to find some excerpts of the standard contract, but not the complete text. I would be very grateful if someone here could provide a link to a complete English version of this contract.

The standard contact covers issues like liabilities if either partner can not meet the requirements agreed upon, warranty on building and fittings, penalties for delays etc. To me this law seems to be not widely know, and it could only be a good thing if more potential customers get to be aware of it.

WB

Can't help much other than to say if you are buying from a reputable developer their contracts are generally fair and no doubt meet/exceed the legal requirements. I have bought from LPN and Q house and will be buying more in the next couple of months and have never had, and do not expect any issues. I have not used a solicitor/lawyer for any of my properties and see no need to use one

Good luck