Thai Built Ninja 650 Vs Thai Built Ducati 765

NomadJoe

if hes getting paid for this i need to get a new job

the ducatti 803cc engine is a bit more powerful than the kawa 649cc engine -amazing

the ducatti has worse wind protection because it doesnt have a windscreen and fairings -remarkable

the ninja has a big rear seat and passenger grab rails so it will be better for pillion passengers than the ducatti which doesnt have much of a rear seat and no passenger handles - no shit !

the ducatti exhaust sounds better but it also costs a million ruppees more - someone give this guy a prize

• Like 1

Fila tennis shoes look funny on the guy riding ducati.

Interesting to see that kawa ninja accelerates and stops better than ducati monster on hundred meter.

Is that really true?

In every ride out i have had with 795s (3 of them when out on a New Year ride) My 650, Jonnie's 650 and a couple of others out run the 795 each and every single time, this is from a standing start. Roll ons at speeds above 140kmh were a little different, but there was still very little in it.

Interesting to see that kawa ninja accelerates and stops better than ducati monster on hundred meter.

Is that really true?

In every ride out i have had with 795s (3 of them when out on a New Year ride) My 650, Jonnie's 650 and a couple of others out run the 795 each and every single time, this is from a standing start. Roll ons at speeds above 140kmh were a little different, but there was still very little in it.

It sounds cool karlos. Interesting to hear that a heavier and less powerful bike is faster than a ducati. good job kawa.

So thai build ducati monster is just a show off bike then.

Is that really true?

It sounds cool karlos. Interesting to hear that a heavier and less powerful bike is faster than a ducati. good job kawa.

I suggest you ride both bikes. I owned a 2009 er6n and i own a 2012 m795 and the ducati feels a lot quicker handles and stops better. The m795 is more raw and less easy to live with as an all round bike but for a weekend toy its fantastic

Is that really true?

I suggest you ride both bikes. I owned a 2009 er6n and i own a 2012 m795 and the ducati feels a lot quicker handles and stops better. The m795 is more raw and less easy to live with as an all round bike but for a weekend toy its fantastic

I have :)

Try telling that to the 3 guys that wanted to swap their rented 795's for the 650's on the way home during our group ride New Year's Day.

The 795 does look nice, has better equipment, but they really aren't 150,000baht quicker than an ER smile.png

Happy Valentine's Day 555

Edited by karlos

My mate has a ER6N and did a standing start 'Drag' with a 795 this weekend cos he was thinking of swapping his bike for a Duke. Like already said, the Moster is a great bike but not worth the extra bucks. It was a bit faster but nothing earth-shattering.

Carlos:

Try telling that to the 3 guys that wanted to swap their rented 795's for the 650's on the way home during our group ride New Year's Day.

The 795 does look nice, has better equipment, but they really aren't 150,000baht quicker than an ER smile.png

Happy Valentine's Day 555sure it is not bc of the fairings on er6f right?laugh.png

Sure it was not due to the fairings of kawa er6f carlos?laugh.png

Ducati looks only good what i understand from this thread.

Still, if you want the heads of ladies and gentlemen turning to you, Ducati is the waybiggrin.png

^ what's really cool about this photo is that it's not a promo or professional photo. just a guy stopping in death valley and getting approached by wild coyotes - who then seem to strike a submissive pose towards the 1199...

the ride report is worth reading too, google for "coast to coast on an italian supermodel"

• Like 2

Cmon guys. More BS about Ducatis by non-owners and renters for fooks sake... :D

They don't overheat in traffic more than any other bike. On Duc Superbikes since 2001, never had one overheat. And no, the undertail exhausts don't burn your butt...

The Monster 795 RENTERS (not owners) you referenced probably dont know how to properly launch a Duc from a stop. A Duc sport bike can be launched very quickly, as their power to weight ratio is very good, wheelbase longer than a Monster. Yr Kawi likely has a longer wheelbase, thus advantageous in a drag launch. Apples vs Oranges.

BTW, even with an experienced rider/bike combo... quicker from a stop does not mean a more powerful engine. Ducs are geared extra low via a two tooth oversized rear sprocket in order to clear the noise regulations. Theyre designed to run on a slightly smaller sprocket and a knowledgeable dealer will already know this and be ready to switch it out if race launches or tight, technical track time are important to you - drag starts are typically not that important to Duc owners, as these are sport bikes, not thrash-n-toss crap. But most Superbike enthusiasts back home had already switched out to smaller sprockets.

Edited by bbradsby

^ what's really cool about this photo is that it's not a promo or professional photo. just a guy stopping in death valley and getting approached by wild coyotes - who then seem to strike a submissive pose towards the 1199...

the ride report is worth reading too, google for "coast to coast on an italian supermodel"

Yeah I read that guys whole story "AntiHero"

Great read & he has made a coffee table book out of it too.

Ducati should buy a bunch of his photos for advertising as they really are great.

Great story too & shows the bike is quite capable of more than single purpose type riding.

Edited by mania

Yikes, slight correction to my post above: Ducs come from the factory geared extra low to pass noise emissions tests via a two-tooth undersized rear sprocket. This keeps the RPM lower during the drive-by sound test. The mod is to go to a larger rear sprocket with two more teeth.

I, for one, never bothered with the mod, and commuted, road tripped and tracked my bikes. Only a few times coming out of corners on-track, red mist-enshrouded eyesight, did I wish for different gearing for my Superbike. As for my Duc here, It's tall first gear feels stock, but I haven't bothered to count the sprocket teeth - anyone who does race launches in BKK is asking for a T-BOne with a red-light-runner in a car. I let the eager scooter boy wave run interference blocking when the light changes to green.

I've heard the ducatti has overheating problems in traffic. Is this true?

Dunno !! but a mate of mine who bought a 916 said to like a Ducati :-

" You have to be either Italian, have deep pockets or a Sadomasochist." laugh.png

no.. they dont overheat more than other bikes.

And to understand the passion for Ducatis... seriously, all it takes is one ride. Nothing against any Japanese makes - I appreciate most all bikes and can have fun on a scooter in the right setting - but being Italian, Ducatis are very distinctly different in design, engineering & performance philosophy.

no.. they dont overheat more than other bikes.

And to understand the passion for Ducatis... seriously, all it takes is one ride. Nothing against any Japanese makes - I appreciate most all bikes and can have fun on a scooter in the right setting - but being Italian, Ducatis are very distinctly different in design, engineering & performance philosophy.

I think a lot of folks who never felt an underseat exhaust tend to think overheat but it is not.

As to the passion of Italian built I can understand it & will also say

it carries over into even Italian built Bicycles.

I use to own Colnago's, Pinarello's & a couple of original Masi & it is the same with their bicycles.

They have a flair or passion that just comes through in their designs.

It sounds odd but it is there for sure IMHO

I am sure many say the same about some German Cars etc.

But Italians do so in many sectors, Bicycles & Motorcycles as mentioned but also cars, or Gear like helmets,leathers,boots etc.

But getting back to Ducati there is no denying even with their outside the box thinking or their own philosophy

regarding valves/clutch etc

None can deny a bike like the Panigale with its power to weight ration being what I think is the highest of

any street legal sport bike. Not to mention the killer technology that bike possesses

If I had the disposable money needed I would not hesitate to buy one today biggrin.png