Monks / Priests / Air Crew First Priority.....

theblether

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a monk near me that was at the temple in the town. Got hacked off with all the iphone, money etc so travelled up the mountain to a solo life in his own makshift temple.

Oh and I am suprised the op has not mentiomed business class tongue.png

Good for him , u know what Id stand up for this guy!!

I flew from Chiang Rai to Bangkok in December. I followed 2 monks onto the aircraft. One turned right into economy and the other turned left into business class.

I can't say I've seen a monk in Business Class yet, I'll try to get a photo if I do. smile.png

There's a lot to be said for Business Class travel thumbsup.gif

Nah you just get a richer type of spoiled git, they are still scummy in many instances.

I remember however many years ago it was, a month after the Tsunami which killed those many thousands in Phuket and elsewhere, sitting in the foyer of a hotel in Udon Thani reading the Bangkok Post. Almost a whole page was taken up with an article by a leading Bhuddist luminary discussing what justice there was in so many innocent lives being taken by that disaster. The burden of his argument was that as well as our individual existence we have a collective existence, and share a collective responsibility for all the evil in the world, and must suffer collectively. The only salvation lay in simplifying our lives, and sleeping on the floor and eating vegetables, like monks - (a paraphrase of a very long article, but that was the flavour of it.)

Later that morning we checked in at the airport for a flight to Chiang Mai, and went through to the departure lounge which was newly built and mostly bare concrete, apart from a few rows of plastic chairs. However, along one wall was the largest Chesterfield sofa I have ever seen, magnificent plush red leather. Above it was a sign:-

"Reserved for monks"

I subsided onto one of the plastic chairs, wondering whether there was something in that article that I had missed.

Am surprised it didnt specify "Thai monk" I mean I could sit on it and say I was an English Monk?/ do Monks have a Monk identity card?

should also add that during my time as a monk i was never asked to desighn airport chairs or any such comforts, is it the monks fault that people build things for him out of respect, do you really think a monk oversaw the building of the red leather chairs.

and my brother in law just returned fro India and myanmar, yes he paid for the tickets as air ticket tree's are in short supply and they are to lazy to pick them.

the money comes from donations, you know that, as for the food in the temples it's good as people bring their best food, better then they keep for themselves.

Yes its IS the Monks fault. why do they need a shiny temple, why do they keep building so many and bigger and bigger, Oh I know " people gave us money and said we must do this"

get real its a commercial industry Buddhism here is a joke a sick perverted joke at that ( in my opinion) they are ALL in competition with each other top cream as much of the gullible locals as they can.