Red Petrol 91 Is Gone, What Now?

dagling

Always run on red 91 petrol on my Yamaha Road Star 1700, 2007 model. But now it becomes harder and harder to find this fuel, a few days ago, it disappeared from my local gas station also;-(

What do you run on your big bikes? Spoke with a man on a Harley last week, and he said that he is now running on orange 95. What do you think the fuel is best for my bike?

I bought what i thought was 91 benzine from a Shell station in Chiang Mai for 6 months. (Huay Kaew road)

Turns out they were passing gasohol off as 91 benzine, i have the hardened fuel lines to prove it.

If 91 benzine is gone, why do some pumps still claim to have it? That's what i don't understand, what makes them special that they still have access to benzine.

Im going to run down to a PURE station i know to see if they still have benzine or if the grade of gasohol may be a bit better.

Anyone now of anything that can be added to gasohol to make it better?

My local Petronas has just started with what they describe as Red 91 benzine after like everyone else saying they will never stock 91 again. Decided to give it a go in my Virago 535. With the old red 91 I was getting approximately 19-20 KPL. With gasahol 95 that dropped to 17 KPL. Topped up last night and had a whopping 23 KPL. Yes it is 48.??? Baht per litre but the increase in KPL offsets that. Seems to me that someone, somewhere is making a pile of money from this scam.

The PTT station has started selling 95 yellow too at 47.??? per litre. Will give that a try too.

Edited by aitch52

I bought what i thought was 91 benzine from a Shell station in Chiang Mai for 6 months. (Huay Kaew road)

Turns out they were passing gasohol off as 91 benzine, i have the hardened fuel lines to prove it.

If 91 benzine is gone, why do some pumps still claim to have it? That's what i don't understand, what makes them special that they still have access to benzine.

Im going to run down to a PURE station i know to see if they still have benzine or if the grade of gasohol may be a bit better.

G'day KRS 1

I asked at the PURE station here in P-Lok and they said that they would not be stocking benzine anymore.

• Like 1

What if there was a way to evaporate the alcohol out of the gasohol ? Doesn't sound like something that could be done with it in the bike efficiently though.

Im not a chemist, if it's a stupid idea, slap me right now.

Edited by KRS1

Ok it may not be fair if you have an old Yami that's designed to run on benzene but there are kits available for conversion to gasohol compatibility fuel parts, I can't see why you will not be able to buy the kits to convert.

My 2011 Versys is able to run on 91 gasohol and I know earlier ones run on it as well with no problems I guess it will be a waiting game to see whether the alarmist are right. whistling.gif

Gasohol has been around a long time and so has the compatible materials for engines.

Edited by Kwasaki

I'm with Ticketmaster on this, outrageous, 95 yellow now 50.3 Baht here in Phitsanulok. It's not just us guys with older bikes that are going to be feeling the pinch. What about the farmers with 2 stroke equipment? They are going to start having fuel system and mechanical problems because there is no way that they will buy premium fuel. One big rip off.

• Like 1

fuc.ers trying to rip all the bikes apart in the country.

Yeah, the poor and uneducated farmer will not be even aware what happened to his/her motorbike. Or they might not afford this new 50 baht petrol even if they now!

Government is generous do subsidy the diesel prices - now 29,99 thb <deleted>!!! - for truck drivers so they can pollute the environment more and drive fast until they crash.

But they give sh.t to poor riders. Bikes build this country. If there were no honda waves or two strokes bikes in Thailand, there is no Thailand at this moment. Why no subsidy for the bikes? Do they feel ashamed of bikes and their roots?

Yeah, the poor and uneducated farmer will not be even aware what happened to his/her motorbike.

I have to dispute that last point. Most working class Thais to whom I've spoken about the issue know very clearly that gasohol isn't good for motorbikes. These are practical people who have kept those wonderful old two-strokes running for decades under hard use.

The people I know who are completely ignorant about this are the middle class and educated ones - who after all have all-new vehicles and don't need to know.

Yeah, the poor and uneducated farmer will not be even aware what happened to his/her motorbike.

I have to dispute that last point. Most working class Thais to whom I've spoken about the issue know very clearly that gasohol isn't good for motorbikes. These are practical people who have kept those wonderful old two-strokes running for decades under hard use.

The people I know who are completely ignorant about this are the middle class and educated ones - who after all have all-new vehicles and don't need to know.

I mean people on the field clare.

Working class young generation might now it.

What about uncles and aunties on their fifties?

I mean people on the field clare.

Working class young generation might now it.

What about uncles and aunties on their fifties?

Yeah, that's who I meant! The young people know almost nothing compared to the old, who have a wealth of practical knowledge and experience.

G'day KRS 1

I asked at the PURE station here in P-Lok and they said that they would not be stocking benzine anymore.

Just filled up a tank of Caltex gasohol, after finishing a tank of PURE gasohol. Bike peaks better on PURE gasohol vs Caltex gasohol. But it does feel like its running too lean.

Im fiending for 91 benzene...i need it blink.png

There's 95 benzine until the supply lasts, but yeah it can be pretty expensive at almost 50 baht a liter...

You mean they're not making any more 95 benzine? Just using up an existing supply?

I meant until they stop supplying us with it too... or until they stop selling it.smile.png

Edited by RED21

Trying to get answers on other threads but failing. What fuel are Nouvo Elegance drivers using now benzene 91 (red) is gone?

I switched to gasohol 91 and after several tank fulls I noticed while idling the engine sounded about to conk out and duly did yesterday while my girlfriend was driving.

My manual (and petrol cap) say gasohol 91 E10 (green) can be used but obviously not.

The Yamaha garage says use gasohol 95 (orange) but I read that gasohol soaks up moisture from the air so it could cause a layer of water to build up causing some problems getting/keeping the engine running. Sounds familiar. Not sure I should use it at all then!

Is everyone using benzene 95 yellow? Or are some going with gasohol 95?