2014 Ford Endeavour (Everest)

funcat

"...•It will roll out of the Thailand plant where it is currently manufactured and will be shipped to Chennai, where it is assembled, sometime in 2014."

...anybody has more?

For India it will be assembled there (Endeavour) For Thailand it will be assembled here (Everest), Do not expect this to happen before 2016.

Another "brick" on wheels to replace the Everest. Find this hard to believe.

Replace a brick on wheels with another brick on wheels, seems to be par for the course or did you think they would build a SUV sports car instead ?

From what I've heard, the new Everest will be a totally new design, and will no longer be that long boring box. I bought the first generation new in 2004, and though it was a comfortable vehicle, suffered from pretty bad understeer at higher speeds in corners.

"...•It will roll out of the Thailand plant where it is currently manufactured and will be shipped to Chennai, where it is assembled, sometime in 2014."

http://indianautosbl...0#ixzz2KhJp1kTZ

...anybody has more?

The info in that link is almost 100% pure nonesense, except for the obvious bits, like it will have 3 rows of seats and Todd is in charge of the program.

New front suspension and rear leafs replaced with "better ones" - LOL, 2.5L and 3.0L TDCI's from where, does the writer think they are going to resurrect Mazda B-Series engines? Interior transplant - no way, but the 2.0L Ecoboost suggestion takes the cake... heh.

Ignore ;)

Replace a brick on wheels with another brick on wheels, seems to be par for the course or did you think they would build a SUV sports car instead ?

I would expect something with a bit more styling than a brick on wheels. As I expected, it's a photoshop hoax.

I would expect something with a bit more styling than a brick on wheels. As I expected, it's a photoshop hoax.

Ford_Everest_large.jpg?OpenElement

Ford_Everest_large.jpg?OpenElement

Another photoshop jobbie, but better looking smile.png

Edited by MESmith

No way it will have a full length wheelbase same as the pickup, anyway.

The current Everest uses a full-length chassis, as does the MU-7 - the Pajero Sport, Fortuner and Trailblazer all use shortened chassis' though.

It's unlikely that the new T6 Everest will use a full length chassis, yes, but there have been concepts drawn at the full ~5.4M length..

It's all just guessing though ;)

The current Everest uses a full-length chassis, as does the MU-7 - the Pajero Sport, Fortuner and Trailblazer all use shortened chassis' though.

It's unlikely that the new T6 Everest will use a full length chassis, yes, but there have been concepts drawn at the full ~5.4M length..

It's all just guessing though wink.png

The current Everest also has a shorter chassis.

It's all just guessing though wink.png

The current Everest also has a shorter chassis.

The outgoing Mazda B-Series based Ranger has an overall length of 5080mm, the Everest based on it is 5062mm - if the chassis is shorter, it's in the range of millimeters ;)