Charity Event.

Jockstar

For the footy players. If you are interseted then let me or the contacts know. Cheers.

Ok guys heres the deal. Derek at the Winking Frog has decided to host this charity event. Chris from the league has been very supportive. The format/plan is this. It will be held on the 17th of June at Patana school. We want 6 teams in total.

1 British( Run by Junior from the Dubliner contact [email protected] or 014530773)

1 African(run by Jay Jay from the WF contact 097487086 )

1 Thai( Run by Pan from the WF. Contact [email protected] )

1 Americas(Someone needs to step up to the mark and run this)

1 European(We are looking for the French , German coaches or Anders to take care of this)

1 Japanese( I will contact them personally)

So if anyone is keen then please post a reply here or email me or the above people stated. It will basically be 2 groups consisting of 3 teams. Everyone plays each other once in the group. 3 Points for a win and 1 for a draw. The top 2 teams qualify. So 1st in Group 1 will play 2nd in group 2 and vice versa. The teams finishing last in the group will play each other for the wooden spoon. Each team, will play a minimum of 3 games. Apart from the final there will also be a 3rd and 4th place play off. the winning team captain will decide what charity the money goes to. We are looking at 5000 baht a team. Which is not alot considering this will cover refs and pitches. Any remaining money will go towards the charity of the winning captains choice. We are looking to everyone linked with this league to take part. Its all for a good cause. There will be trophies for the winning team and runners up. Man of the tournament and top goal scorer. These will be presented back at the WF by Chris the league organiser and also there will be free buffet and the first drink provided by Derek. So guys. Get your sh*t together and support this. I wait for your replies.We need to sort this out soon. Cheers. Jockstar

For this event we are looking for more sonsors.. If your company wishes to sponsor this then it will be more than welcome.

Hey Jockstar

Seems like a lot of games to play in one day. Is it an 11 a-side or 7 a-side tournament? How long would each game last?

It's a pity that we couldn't field a Scottish team. :o

Games will be 20 minutes a half and there will be 20-30 minuites between games

It sounds like a great day of footy to me. I certainly haven't seen eye to eye with Derek, but this one is a good idea. He should take some praise for that.

Count me in if required.

If you can't get enough people, can we have a Jocks v Geordies subbuteo game instead????

If the tournement decide to change America to Rest OF The World then maybe im interested and ill bring my Sunbelt players in ...

But ofcourse Sunbelt players will be free to join any team for this charity event

Any prize money for this tournement?????

Edited by tytus

Nice guy though Junior is, I cannot see him picking any Sunbelt players for the British team. It will be the guys from the main teams only.

The hardcore of The Dubliner, Bull's Head, Londoner, Winking Frog, Robin Hood and British Club players are British. Added to that teams from Pattaya and ourselves it looks like there are enough Brits to field 3 teams.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys. Just a reminder. This event is only 3 weeks away come Saturday. We are still looking for more sponsors. For any companies who wish to make a donation then please let them know that it will be in the Big Chilli magazine and The BKK Post. So free publicity. Or another option if they dont want to put cash up. They can make a donation of something that can be auctioned or raffled. Remember its all for a great cause. So come on guys. See what you can do.

Spoke to Derek and jockstar today and Team Sunbelt is invited to play in the Charity Match there will be exposure from Big Chilli Mag, and Bangkok Post

As i said to you on Sunday. It would only be possible for you to take part if there is 2 teams to even up the groups. You cannot play as Sunbelt. As its a mini world cup. You could field an Asia team and maybe Oceania or even possibly the rest of the world. But it has to be 2 teams. One team wont work. Sorry!

Greg is out of town so we cant get $ for the team sponsorship... But if anyone is interested in setting up Rest of The World we can do it ourself.. Each players might have to splash out 400 to 500 THb ...

15 players is enough....

Costa can you get interested players?

I'm Greek - Australian and happy to play in the European team, Asia/Oceania team or Sunbelt team. Which ever team needs the numbers. Who should I contact?

lambous back in LOS?

Explorer :D

Yeah mate, Back untill the end of July...Then back to Oz untill the end of October...Then moving back here :o

Greg is out of town so we cant get $ for the team sponsorship... But if anyone is interested in setting up Rest of The World we can do it ourself.. Each players might have to splash out 400 to 500 THb ...

15 players is enough....

Costa can you get interested players?

Sorry Tytus, don't know of anyone at this stage but I will keep an eye out for any potentials.

Guys. If you are really keen to play in this tournament then get in touch with Junior who is running the British team. I have just spoken to him and said that he is surprised that no one had conacted him. His email is....

[email protected]

For lambous. If you want to play for the European team then you will have to contact Anders from the Scans. email is [email protected]