Thai Public Health Keeping Eye On New Respiratory Virus Outbreak

webfact

Public Health keeping eye on new respiratory virus outbreak

BANGKOK, 15 February 2013 (NNT)-Public Health Ministry is currently keeping a close watch on Corona virus, the type of acute respiratory disease in Thailand; after the World Health Organization issued a warning that 11 people have reportedly come down with the disease overseas.

newsjs

Public Health Minister Dr. Pradit Sinthawanarong said no similar case has been reported in Thailand so far, but health agencies across the country will be vigilant in order to prevent the outbreak of the virus.

According to him, the symptoms of Coronavirus are similar to those of avian flu. Patient usually come down with high fever and display severe respiratory distress. Hospitals and other health centers should monitor patients with such symptoms.

Meanwhile, patients with respiratory problems in Thailand have been found to have bacterial infection in their lungs, which is not fatal. In Thailand, around 16,000 cases of patients with pneumonia were reported between January 1st and February 4th., 28 of whom died. The Ministry of Public Health said it was a seasonal occurrence.

However, Thais planning to go overseas are urged to take extra care of their health and to frequently wash their hands. They should also seek medical advice immediately if they develop the symptoms.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-02-15 footer_n.gif

Why should you worry about a virus as according to DHL it is forbidden to buy health supplements abroad without an import licence. After having received 13 shipments from the USA without a problem, now they tell me this: "Please be informed that nutritional supplements cannot be imported into Thailand without an import license regarding customs regulations".

So you must even have an import licence for vitamine C? And of course you will have to pay the customs their additional income as soon as the goods arrived, that cannot be bought in Thailand. I would advice all farangs, who want to stay healthy to retire in an other country.

Edited by Scott

Why should you worry about a virus as according to DHL it is forbidden to buy health supplements abroad without an import licence. After having received 13 shipments from the USA without a problem, now they tell me this: "Please be informed that nutritional supplements cannot be imported into Thailand without an import license regarding customs regulations".

So you must even have an import licence for vitamine C? And of course you will have to pay the customs their additional income as soon as the goods arrived, that cannot be bought in Thailand. I would advice all farangs, who want to stay healthy to retire in an other country.

just as a matter of interest, would you be allowed to send drugs by DHL from Thailand to your country, without involving customs?

Edited by Scott
font
  • Like 1

And why if the Public Health Ministry in Thailand is so concerned about our health, while they are using chemo poison against cancer? Because chemo is a fraud, see this link: http://www.pakalertp...ak Alert Press)

Thanks to the chemo treatment in the NCI (National Cancer Institute) in Bangkok my wife have to live on in a wheelchair for the rest of her life.

Edited by Scott
font

Since GNC, Boots and Blackmore's, among others, sell supplements in Thailand, why is it necessary for you to buy in bulk from the US? Certainly "vitamine C" [sic] is readily available, though it's unlikely to prevent the Corona virus, which is the subject of the thread.

@Millwall_fan: You do not seem to understand the problem, I am not talking about drugs, besides there is an invoice together with the shipment, so next time do not give stupid answers.

I would advice [sic] farang who are prone to apoplexy to learn to avoid getting overly heated in order to stay healthy in this or any other country.

• Like 2

@Suradit 69, Yes I know Blackmores and others, but they do not have the products I want to buy. And of course it is not only vitamine C I am talking about. For instance, can you buy in Thailand Graviola, that seems to help my wife with her cancer, can you buy in Thailand astaxanthin or can you buy in Thailand Magnesium Citrate? Besides iHerb (where I buy) has 35.000 products in the health section. So give me the companies, that can deliver the products I mention here before. And of course every farang, defending his health will be overheated when he cannot buy suddenly all the health supplements, while he could buy them more than 1 year without a problem.

@Suradit 69, I have done a check with GNC, most descriptions in Thai, stores in Bangkok, Astaxanthin is unknown to them, as well as Graviola. Blackmores, you can buy a limited program in the Makro, but they have Vitamine C in tablets, do not have Vitamin C in powder, what is better. So I give up searching for products, you can easily found everything I want with iHerb.

just as a matter of interest, would you be allowed to send drugs by DHL from Thailand to your country, without involving customs?

Probably not,for a start there are too many Generic drugs in Thailand.

This could get serious. at first it was just a couple cases, with no human to human transmission cited. within a few days it went from 5 cases to 11 confirmed, with human to human transmission suspected. I believe the fatality rate for this corona virus is around 10%. It could get real serious real fast if not contained.