White Trash On Holidays In Los- Bad Parenting

advancebooking

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some people should really not raise children...Do you agree this is bad parenting?

Yes and no. On one hand it doesn't seem fair to smoke around kids, but on the other hand at least they are holidaying with their daughter - I'm sure they'd spent the day on the beach, taking her swimming and making sure she had a great time, they were just trying to relax. What I've seen from a lot of my Thai wife's friends is they just dump their kids with the grandparents and swan off abroad like they are single. Or they have maids to mollify the kids. So, what the OP saw is positive and negative.

Sounds like a needless whinge to me. I get irritated by parents riding motorcycles (no helmets) two up with a kid sandwiched between them. That definitely is bad parenting. It's more likely to result in the kids' demise than a puff or two.

• Like 1

I see lots of examples of poor parenting every day, but the example given by the OP may or may not be one. Until I spent more time seeing what they did every day I would reserve my judgement until later. The smoking, drinking and drug issue is far too complex to come up with a definitive answer here.

"I sat down next to an American couple"

How do you know? Did they have a North American, Central American, or South American accent?

What a daft comment...How do I know they were american.... It was not that hard to deduce from the accent obviously. People from Central America (mexico, costa rica etc) or South America (peru, bolivia, brazil) speak Spanish (Portuguese in brazil). There was nothing Latino about these Americans sharing their toxic smoke with the little innocent child.

How do you know? Did they have a North American, Central American, or South American accent?

What a daft comment...How do I know they were american.... It was not that hard to deduce from the accent obviously. People from Central America (mexico, costa rica etc) or South America (peru, bolivia, brazil) speak Spanish (Portuguese in brazil). There was nothing Latino about these Americans sharing their toxic smoke with the little innocent child.

Perhaps the poster meant from the North of America like Minnesota, Central like Ohio, and South like Georgia. Or if you know many people from Western Canada sometimes they sound like Americans even some people from Toronto.

A simple questions really. America is a big place. You did not say they spoke English.

As an American not that that matters I would say that was <deleted>$$ed up smoking weed with a child present. Period.............. I was a huge smoker till my mid 40's and I still say it was wrong. You try to lead your kids down the right path - Forget all the second hand smoke bullshit.

Nothing creepieer than father and son smoking together or mother and daughter which is what's in store for the 5 yr. old.

I'd rather have parents that got high and chilled out, than one's that got drunk and beat me.

I'd rather parents that got drunk and beat me than having intercourse and making noise while in the process.

Seriously, it is traumatic. I had moved back home between universities and I was so freaked out one night when I heard moaning.

• Like 1

1 its illegal to smoke in a restaurant in Thailand

2 Its illegal to smoke pot in Thailand with stiff penalties.

So total disregard for the law in the country they were staying in, yeap bad example for a child, bloody ignorant to smoke in a restaurant where people are eating and the law here says you don't have to.

Its not OK to smoke pot anywhere in Thailand,

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news08/152-SmokinginThailand.shtml

Edited by marstons

I'd rather have parents that got high and chilled out, than one's that got drunk and beat me.

I'd rather parents that got drunk and beat me than having intercourse and making noise while in the process.

Seriously, it is traumatic. I had moved back home between universities and I was so freaked out one night when I heard moaning.

Must have been traumatic GK for a second I guess you doubted that you were the product of virgin birth.

Edited by harrry

I think you should consider you are in a very small minority. Off hand I would say less than 1%.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I think you should consider you are in a very small minority. Off hand I would say less than 1%.

If moaning freaks GK out I'm surprised he's stayed with TV so long.

You know l have a different view of the OP's ''white trash'' regarding who they are. For me it's folk who shuffle paper all day and punch a few words on a key board and make huge salaries BUT look down on folk who lay bricks, collect garbage or the guy that pushes you around in on a trolley in a hospital.

Sorry, but have met a few here who do it to the natives and their ladies. sad.png

• Like 1

really hoping you had some proof or evidence that they were American and not just assuming they were....

Black is the key. Americans don't wear black speedos at the beach or black socks with sandals.smile.png

The joint is the answer...

If only weed = Americans

Mixed with tobacco = Europeans

cool.png

• Like 2

Everybody should be born infertile, and after passing stringent tests, only then be allowed to reproduce after some reversible procedure.

I think being a ThaiVisa member should allow automatic reproduction rights.

I have never seen such a bunch of self important perfect people in one Forum, many members here give the impression that they are beyond reproach, they are perfect drivers, never drink and drive, god forbid ever going to a bar and paying for sex,they are perfect husbands to perfect wives who have perfect kids, quite incredible how so many morally and erhically superior Farangs are all on one Forum.

Amazing, cos most Farangs I know in real life are just normal guys, nothing like how Farangs profess to be on ThaiVisa.

Thought iwas the only one thats noticed this

You know l have a different view of the OP's ''white trash'' regarding who they are. For me it's folk who shuffle paper all day and punch a few words on a key board and make huge salaries BUT look down on folk who lay bricks, collect garbage or the guy that pushes you around in on a trolley in a hospital.

Sorry, but have met a few here who do it to the natives and their ladies. sad.png

You don't seem to understand what white trash means. People who lay bricks, collect garbage, or push hospital trolleys are not white trash. White trash don't have jobs. They life on welfare, do drugs or drink all day, beat their wives, shoplift, have sex with their relatives, etc. In this case the OP is saying that forcing your children to breath the poisons and drugs you ingest in to your body is white trash behavior.