Driving In/around Pattaya

Simbo

I was recentlystopped by the police fornot wearing my seat belt,

Where in Pattaya did the cops nail you for not wearing your seatbelt?

twice now. first on lake Mabprachan, second time on Sukumvit, between Nua and Klang.

Mabprachan? The quieter, more gentile estates of the retired landed gentry? I guess the MIB just saw soooo many rich farangs cruising around in their blinged-out Fortuners, it was only a matter of time before it became a revenue stream after they closed the bars (and their first revenue stream).

It's the first I have heard the Highway Police enforcing seatbelt law but it's nice to see. I used to drive around here with the seatbelt off, just like a local. Then I was thinking about the statistic that most road accidents (and fatalities) occur on 'local' or regular routes where the victim is very familiar with the road.

As Jimmy Saville used to say, "Clunk-Click! Every trip!"

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was recentlystopped by the police fornot wearing my seat belt,

Where in Pattaya did the cops nail you for not wearing your seatbelt?

twice now. first on lake Mabprachan, second time on Sukumvit, between Nua and Klang.

Mabprachan? The quieter, more gentile estates of the retired landed gentry? I guess the MIB just saw soooo many rich farangs cruising around in their blinged-out Fortuners, it was only a matter of time before it became a revenue stream after they closed the bars (and their first revenue stream).

It's the first I have heard the Highway Police enforcing seatbelt law but it's nice to see. I used to drive around here with the seatbelt off, just like a local. Then I was thinking about the statistic that most road accidents (and fatalities) occur on 'local' or regular routes where the victim is very familiar with the road.

As Jimmy Saville used to say, "Clunk-Click! Every trip!"

yes. and this proves that even the ' landed gentry' my self included, are not above Thai law. Unless you are Thai. :o