Traditional Street Photography

fimgirl

^^ was the top pic a crop, Mr H? Just to my mind, the poor guys missing a few digits for and aft!! I like the sense of motion in it.

The second photo makes me want to lean over the artist's shoulder to see the rest of his work..... sense of mystery this time (or maybe I'm just a frustrated nosey-parker!!)

^^ was the top pic a crop, Mr H? Just to my mind, the poor guys missing a few digits for and aft!! I like the sense of motion in it.

The second photo makes me want to lean over the artist's shoulder to see the rest of his work..... sense of mystery this time (or maybe I'm just a frustrated nosey-parker!!)

I was framing the shot to get the two kids watching in the distance and shooting as he came into frame.

It did take a few frames to get him in, plus I wanted to show a bit of movement so I dropped the shutter speed off a little, so his finger would not of been visible anyway.

I like the composition It works for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell my why you seem to prefer black and white pictures for street photography ?

I guess it's mostly to concentrate to the bare essentials. Street photography is about the moment. Removing colours can remove importance of some of the spots, where the viewers eye can wonder when seeking for the greater concept of the situation.

Can anyone tell my why you seem to prefer black and white pictures for street photography ?

As Oilinki said, colour is often a distraction. Our eye can be easily drawn towards a brightly coloured object in a frame instead of alighting on the important elements of an image. I tend always to use B+W for street, unless there is a compelling case for retaining the colour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...