Best Breakfast In Bangkok?

phuturatica

Suggestions please on where you have had your best breakfast in Bangkok? I'm looking for the champion of all full English breakfast with all the trimmings if possible.

I normally go to Oh My Cod, but it's not really got air con and the staff aren't all that, they can be so moody sometimes they have faces on them like a smacked arse. I'm willing to travel for this breakfast so it does not matter where really... Preferably central.

• Like 1

Not sure what happened with OMC, perhaps change of ownership, but things seemed to start going down hill quite a few years ago.

OMC did change ownership a while a go... I only started going there in early 2011 so not sure what it was like before the change in ownership. The food is ok and prices are reasonable but I did notice the last time I went that all the prices had gone up slightly. Also the staff who work there were really unfriendly. Faces like thunder.

Not sure what happened with OMC, perhaps change of ownership, but things seemed to start going down hill quite a few years ago.

OMC did change ownership a while a go... I only started going there in early 2011 so not sure what it was like before the change in ownership. The food is ok and prices are reasonable but I did notice the last time I went that all the prices had gone up slightly. Also the staff who work there were really unfriendly. Faces like thunder.

I went there when it first opened, must of been around mid 2000s, and it was quite a different establishment. Fresh decor, fresh menus, attentive staff, air con inside. The fish and chips though have never been that great, when considering the name, is a bit of a disappointment. Other stuff on the menu though was good, bangers and mash, breakfasts.

Things gradually went downhill and enthusiasm for the business seemed to dwindle.

Anyway, enough about them, i too am keen to hear some recommendations in Bangkok for breakfast. Over the last couple of years i've taken to driving all the way down to Cha Am for mine. There must be some decent places nearer.

Well last time I had a 5* breakfast in Bangkok would be at the sheraton grande sukhumvit, Was 1500 per person but had everything a guy could think of for breakfast. That was almost 2 years ago so I would be unsure as of now! But might be worth checking out

Well last time I had a 5* breakfast in Bangkok would be at the sheraton grande sukhumvit, Was 1500 per person but had everything a guy could think of for breakfast. That was almost 2 years ago so I would be unsure as of now! But might be worth checking out

I guess the OP did ask for the Champion of Breakfasts, but a good breakfast for me is something along the lines of sausages, eggs, bacon, baked beans and mushrooms with a pot of tea, and so, no matter how good that breakfast was, i don't think, for me anyway, it would be worth it, besides perhaps a one off indulgence.

• Like 2

On the terrace at the Oriental.

Buffet style, cooked to order specialities on request, and everything you could imagine in a breakfast.

Wonderful. It's one of the things you should do before you die.

Sounds like a winner. Will have to try!

Cheers for all the recommendations guys. I ended up going to The Black Swan in the end... Sukhumvit Soi 14 (opposite Terminal 21 and right near Asok BTS)

The place is quite small and dark inside but definitely looks like an old pokey British pub. We ordered the biggest breakfast option available... Full Monty Breakfast for 350 baht.

It came on a plat twice as big as my head and was piled high with food. Definitely worth the money in my opinion.

As for all the fancy hotel buffet breakfasts... The international buffet breakfast at Shriangri-La Hotel in the Next2 restaurant of theirs is absolutely fantastic. They had breakfast foods from all over the world and I was totally spoilt for choice.

• Like 1

My Favourite place for a traditional full English and a pot of Tetleys tea is always the Queen Vic on Sukhumvit Soi 23.

How much is it?

225 baht for the half Breakie which usually does me. Back bacon, 1x sausage, black pudding, mushrooms, beens, 1 fried egg, toast, hash brown and a pot of tea. I think it's around 350 baht for the kings Breakfast which is basically the same but 2x everything.

If you don't mind travelling a few stops on the BTS, there's a place near Ekkamai station called The Coffee Club, it's where California Wow used to be, it's not a buffet but they do a number of breakfast dishes, I think all day, including my favourite of bacon, sausages, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash brown and toast, they throw in a decent coffee or orange juice, it's 295 Baht including tax and service.

Very nice surroundings with friendly and helpful staff. An Australian company, usually pretty busy.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

My Favourite place for a traditional full English and a pot of Tetleys tea is always the Queen Vic on Sukhumvit Soi 23.

How much is it?

225 baht for the half Breakie which usually does me. Back bacon, 1x sausage, black pudding, mushrooms, beens, 1 fried egg, toast, hash brown and a pot of tea. I think it's around 350 baht for the kings Breakfast which is basically the same but 2x everything.

I can't manage the "King's".

Their Scrambled Eggs and Bacon is very enjoyable too.

Buffet style, cooked to order specialities on request, and everything you could imagine in a breakfast.

Couldn't agree more. The best one, with style and a view....

How much is it please?

I stay at the SGS, and the breakfast is about 700 baht per person. Quite a selection. I think the 1500 baht is for their grand buffet brunch which is wonderful.

How much is it please?

From 7 till 10.30, with live music...."only" 1400 and a few more THB per person net. OK, on the very high side, I agree, but what an experience!

How much is it please?

From 7 till 10.30, with live music...."only" 1400 and a few more THB per person net. OK, on the very high side, I agree, but what an experience!

Will try it sometime. Thanks. :)

Went to OMC the other day and I was really looking forward to it as I now live 3 hrs north of Bkk. It has been 3 years since I last ate there and I was very disappointed. I was ready to tuck into 2 nice pieces of proper back bacon instead I got a pile of half cooked, 7/11 style streaky bacon. Staff were crap. I will not be going there again.

Glad to see this thread!!

I went there when it first opened, must of been around mid 2000s, and it was quite a different establishment. Fresh decor, fresh menus, attentive staff, air con inside. The fish and chips though have never been that great, when considering the name, is a bit of a disappointment. Other stuff on the menu though was good, bangers and mash, breakfasts.

Things gradually went downhill and enthusiasm for the business seemed to dwindle.

Anyway, enough about them, i too am keen to hear some recommendations in Bangkok for breakfast. Over the last couple of years i've taken to driving all the way down to Cha Am for mine. There must be some decent places nearer.

Where in Cha Am as I live in Hua Hin

Yes The Oriental is a great one. Food is Excellent ... And on the river makes for an enjoyable Breakfast....

Cheers for all the recommendations guys. I ended up going to The Black Swan in the end... Sukhumvit Soi 14 (opposite Terminal 21 and right near Asok BTS)

The place is quite small and dark inside but definitely looks like an old pokey British pub. We ordered the biggest breakfast option available... Full Monty Breakfast for 350 baht.

It came on a plat twice as big as my head and was piled high with food. Definitely worth the money in my opinion.

As for all the fancy hotel buffet breakfasts... The international buffet breakfast at Shriangri-La Hotel in the Next2 restaurant of theirs is absolutely fantastic. They had breakfast foods from all over the world and I was totally spoilt for choice.

cant go wrong with the black swan

• Like 1

When in Ubon Ratchathani and your looking for great hearty breakfast with all the trimmings come to my coffee shop and bakery called Peppers Bakery. It will not cost you 350 baht thats for sure but a very reasonable 230 baht. Real English back bacon, English sausages baked beans and great coffee from Laos....

The breakfasts at the places in Cha Am aren't that amazing, but they are very reasonable at between 100 and 160 baht, and for me, living on the outskirts of Bangkok where those sorts of eateries don't exist, the two hour drive to Cha Am is worth it when i am so inclined, as it can take the same amount of time to drive into central Bangkok for breakfast. For you though, in Hua Hin, not really worth going to Cha Am. Plenty of breakfast places nearer you.

If you are still interested anyway, let me know and i'll try to describe which ones they are.

The breakfasts at the places in Cha Am aren't that amazing, but they are very reasonable at between 100 and 160 baht, and for me, living on the outskirts of Bangkok where those sorts of eateries don't exist, the two hour drive to Cha Am is worth it when i am so inclined, as it can take the same amount of time to drive into central Bangkok for breakfast. For you though, in Hua Hin, not really worth going to Cha Am. Plenty of breakfast places nearer you.

If you are still interested anyway, let me know and i'll try to describe which ones they are.

ah OK, fair enough - I think you should make your own breakfast rather than driving to Cha Am.

Always found Hanrahans on Sukh soi 4 pretty good.

Chequers over the road does good Western food, but I haven't tried the breakfast. When I have eaten there, I found the servings were actually too big for me.

It seems easy to get a good breakfast, but to really enjoy a breakfast, I need a piping pot of tea or mug, without milk, that is so hard to find. Also I don't like yellow label tea, it really sucks.