Best Breakfast In Bangkok?

phuturatica

I went there when it first opened, must of been around mid 2000s, and it was quite a different establishment. Fresh decor, fresh menus, attentive staff, air con inside. The fish and chips though have never been that great, when considering the name, is a bit of a disappointment. Other stuff on the menu though was good, bangers and mash, breakfasts.

Things gradually went downhill and enthusiasm for the business seemed to dwindle.

Anyway, enough about them, i too am keen to hear some recommendations in Bangkok for breakfast. Over the last couple of years i've taken to driving all the way down to Cha Am for mine. There must be some decent places nearer.

Where in Cha Am as I live in Hua Hin
The breakfasts at the places in Cha Am aren't that amazing, but they are very reasonable at between 100 and 160 baht, and for me, living on the outskirts of Bangkok where those sorts of eateries don't exist, the two hour drive to Cha Am is worth it when i am so inclined, as it can take the same amount of time to drive into central Bangkok for breakfast. For you though, in Hua Hin, not really worth going to Cha Am. Plenty of breakfast places nearer you.

If you are still interested anyway, let me know and i'll try to describe which ones they are.

ah OK, fair enough - I think you should make your own breakfast rather than driving to Cha Am.

Actually if you want decent ingredients of everything, things like the sausages, the bacon etc, it means buying more than you need, for one breakfast anyway, and paying three or four times what it costs to eat out. I enjoy a day in Cha Am anyway, so it's no hardship driving there. But thanks for the advice...

Just been down to the Queen Vic on Sukhumvit 23 again for a full English so though I would snap a pic of it.

That's the small Breakfast including a pot of tea which does me fine. All for 225 baht which I think is good value and very good quality!

post-42474-0-44485600-1361868576_thumb.j

Just been down to the Queen Vic on Sukhumvit 23 again for a full English so though I would snap a pic of it.

That's the small Breakfast including a pot of tea which does me fine. All for 225 baht which I think is good value and very good quality!

post-42474-0-44485600-1361868576_thumb.j

I don't consider that good value at all. That's actually overpriced! Maybe one may consider it a good value on Sukhumvit, if he didn't get out much! :P

It's Thailand! It's not the U.S. or U.K.

attachicon.gifIMG_0482.JPG

I don't consider that good value at all. That's actually overpriced! Maybe one may consider it a good value on Sukhumvit, if he didn't get out much! tongue.png

I have had many a breakfast in Thailand over the years, and yes out in the sticks I have had sub 100 baht "Americn style Breakfasts" which consist of a hotdog, some shrivelled up grizzle, a lump of rubber ham and virtualy the only decent thing there an egg. But for a decent quality british style sausage, back bacon, black pudding, Tetley tea etc, 225baht is about the cheapest I have had and regardless of the cost my best breakie in Bangkok anyway.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG_0482.JPG

I don't consider that good value at all. That's actually overpriced! Maybe one may consider it a good value on Sukhumvit, if he didn't get out much! tongue.png

I have had many a breakfast in Thailand over the years, and yes out in the sticks I have had sub 100 baht "Americn style Breakfasts" which consist of a hotdog, some shrivelled up grizzle, a lump of rubber ham and virtualy the only decent thing there an egg. But for a decent quality british style sausage, back bacon, black pudding, Tetley tea etc, 225baht is about the cheapest I have had and regardless of the cost my best breakie in Bangkok anyway.
Looks good to me. If I weas ever up before 4pm I would definitely be down there.

Instead, I usually have the fish and chips in there. Nice place.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found a place for a great breakfast on soi 33 called Bar Fly. It is owned
by an American and they make the best breakfast in Bangkok. Homemade hash
browns, biscuits and gravy they can even cook eggs over easy which is hard to
find in Bangkok. I had their eggs benedict and it was fantastic. The owner was
telling me that he just started opening for breakfast because he and his
customers were tired of eating breakfast at 10 am so he is opened at 7:00. Bar
Fly is not a real fancy place but it is clean and the food was great.

• Like 1

I just found a place for a great breakfast on soi 33 called Bar Fly. It is owned

Fly is not a real fancy place but it is clean and the food was great.[/size]

Where on Soi 33 is Bar Fly located?

Map/link?

Map/link?

Googling their website and viewing the pics, I'd say they also have take home service. laugh.png

• Like 1

If you're in the area then try The Real Thing cafe opposite Bangkok Pattana school. Great bacon and sausages. Real cheap too. Owned by an Irish guy and his Thai wife. Great value for money. (no, I've got nothing to do with the business)

Fly is not a real fancy place but it is clean and the food was great.

What's he get for his plate of heaven?

Map/link?

Googling their website and viewing the pics, I'd say they also have take home service. laugh.png

Found it: http://barflybar33.com/index.asp?p=location

Yikes... Who designs the websites for these kinds of businesses???

It takes 2-3 minutes just to load their home page, and I have a relatively fast connection.

But after finally looking at the website, I see that it's yet another hostess bar down in that area... Makes me less inclined to go there for breakfast for anything else...

Hmmm... I think I saw my grandmother in one of the photos posted there.... tongue.png

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I have been to Barfly. I thought it was dirty/unclean for a lady bar!<br /><br />Now they are serving food? What a joke!<br /><br />I would never eat food in that place!

No disrespect on your thoughts.I have just been there last week and had french fries onion rings and chicken wings and they taste really good.Since now the place is owned by a new owner which had actually made many changes to bar since last time i was in and that was couple years ago..I must say the place is clean and tidy.I will be checking out for their breakfast menus really soon.Will keep it posted.

Glad that you saved up all those pertinent details as the basis for your auspicious first ThaiVisa post.... biggrin.png

French fries, onion rings and chicken wings at a BKK hostess bar.

all am trying to say they never did serve food and as a starter its incredible.

have you ever been there for breakfast at Bar Fly since they started to serve?

Have you ever been there at all recently?

If yes you will know what am i talking about...

Edited by bestco