Funeral Dress Code

diddums

My wife is going to a funeral tommorrow. I'm staying home to take care of the dog, and an owl she brought home. She stocked us up with food, and a case of beer. I think we'll be alright.

Does she have a broomstick to go with the owl too?

joking, right?

shorts and sandals are for the beach only...not even right to go into a 7/11 that way.

Really ? 7/11 not worthy ?

Some of you people must be so wound up and worried about your look so much that life just passes by and then you are dead and people are worrying about coming to your funeral in appropriate clothing...the cycle continues.

Release yourselves and shed the anal attitudes.

• Like 2

My wife is going to a funeral tommorrow. I'm staying home to take care of the dog, and an owl she brought home. She stocked us up with food, and a case of beer. I think we'll be alright.

Does she have a broomstick to go with the owl too?

My wife can take care of herself. If you ever met her, and there was a broomstick handy you would be wearing it where the sun don't shine.

Been to hundreds of "upcountry" funerals and as a guest you cannot get away with shorts and flip flops. Wear at least a black shirt and jeans if you have them. Trousers would be better.

Must admit, I've only been to 4 funerals thus far and sbk's experience is obviously far greater then mine, however, I was dressed by my lassie and what I wore passed muster.

post-104736-0-66280100-1361198667_thumb.

Done my darnest to get the resolution right to just indicate the dress code and not infringe on the photographic guidelines of the Forum.

Can't remember if I wore flip-flops or not ... it was 2 years ago.

Also it was Songkran time ... so the hottest time of the year.

sbk's right ... show proper respect.

Nneat tidy black or white or a combination of the two, otherwise you do us all a disfavour.

The above does come with a caveat ... if the deceased was over 100 years old ... then dress bright ... it is expected of you to be colourful!

• Like 1

joking, right?

shorts and sandals are for the beach only...not even right to go into a 7/11 that way.

Really ? 7/11 not worthy ?

Some of you people must be so wound up and worried about your look so much that life just passes by and then you are dead and people are worrying about coming to your funeral in appropriate clothing...the cycle continues.

Release yourselves and shed the anal attitudes.

yes the only place for shorts and sandals is the beach. Exception are children. Men just don't show their ugly legs....and while it isn't really important in normal life it is definitely at a funeral, temple, flight, visit of office etc etc

• Like 2

Sure no one is bothered if you wear black or white. The shoes are a quandary because you are expected to take them off when climbing the stairs to the burning place to put the flower in the box with the corpse. Its easy to take them off but not so easy to put them back on. I've noticed the Poo Yai Bahn and those other important dudes dont take their shoes off now. If you yourself are selected for one of the climb the stairs and pass the robes to the monk jobs make sure you dont forget to wai the crowd.

I've been to a few in 4 years certainly more than a lifetime in Brisneyland, and yeah I'm starting to pick and choose a bit more now

• Like 1

Must admit, I've only been to 4 funerals thus far and sbk's experience is obviously far greater then mine, however, I was dressed by my lassie and what I wore passed muster.

post-104736-0-66280100-1361198667_thumb.

Done my darnest to get the resolution right to just indicate the dress code and not infringe on the photographic guidelines of the Forum.

Can't remember if I wore flip-flops or not ... it was 2 years ago.

Also it was Songkran time ... so the hottest time of the year.

sbk's right ... show proper respect.

Nneat tidy black or white or a combination of the two, otherwise you do us all a disfavour.

The above does come with a caveat ... if the deceased was over 100 years old ... then dress bright ... it is expected of you to be colourful!

If its good enough for poster of the year to wear shorts....I'll wear shorts.

I do not have socks, except very long thick wooly ones....so I could go disguised as a german.

Shirt is still an issue but.......well, not for me, more for youse lot.

Shirt is still an issue but.......well, not for me, more for youse lot.

Mate ... remember, this time it's not about you ... it's about them ... show proper respect.

When you walk into a Bar ... it's about you.

When you walk into a funeral ... it's about them *.

Be flexible.

* Of course, unless it's your funeral ... then it's definately about you ... laugh.png

• Like 2

My funeral will have very special instructions.

Anybody wearing dark will be thrown on the fire with me by security.

After some of the monks solemn chanting.....an Australian comedian will start his 30 minute routine.

While the crowd is cracking up and the monks are wondering <deleted>.......the comedian shall announce the bbq has started and the esky is open.

and I thought a funeral was about the dead person.

Oh...and my stash goes up in smoke with me.

Edited by diddums

My funeral will have very special instructions.

Anybody wearing dark will be thrown on the fire with me by security.

After some of the monks solemn chanting.....an Australian comedian will start his 30 minute routine.

While the crowd is cracking up and the monks are wondering <deleted>.......the comedian shall announce the bbq has started and the esky is open.

and I thought a funeral was about the dead person.

Oh...and my stash goes up in smoke with me.

stash of shorts and wife beater vests? whistling.gif