Irresponsible Dog Owners In Phuket

hansgruber

I was down in Chalong last night having a quiet beer at Tamarind Bar. At about 930pm I noticed a large fat Russian guy with lots of tattoos walking with his Thai lady (half his size) and a pit bull. As soon as I saw him I knew he looked like trouble. He let his dog run freely around the beach for a while and then it ran into one of the smaller German owned bars and killed the owners cat. The fat man then got into an argument in broken English with the German owner and was quite threatening towards him. He was heavily intoxicated and accepted no responsibility for his actions. As he walked past Tamarind Bar he swore at some other person in Russian and staggered away.

Last weekend I was down at Nai Harn beach with my sons and another heavily tattooed (but was extremely muscly) English man was walking his 3 pitbulls without a leash. They were bounding around the beach scaring everyone and excreting everywhere. I grabbed my sons and got out of there as fast as I could

What is it with dog owners in Phuket? Especially pit bull owners? They think they have the right to let their dangerous dogs run around freely?

Pit bulls are extremely dangerous dogs and should be kept in a secure yard and if taken out should be on a lease and muzzled

In some countries its illegal to own one even a cross breed, they have been known to attack there owners and the owners children

They were originally bred for dog fighting which is illegal here and in a lot of other countries

• Like 2

Pit bulls are extremely dangerous dogs and should be kept in a secure yard and if taken out should be on a lease and muzzled

In some countries its illegal to own one even a cross breed, they have been known to attack there owners and the owners children

They were originally bred for dog fighting which is illegal here and in a lot of other countries

These dogs had the cropped ears and spiky collars and salivating whilst running around the lagoon barking.Kids were terrified and huddled in the water.Even Thai families were visibly upset by these dogs. Farang owner was too busy removing his shirt to expose his biceps to pose.

These dogs had the cropped ears and spiky collars and salivating whilst running around the lagoon barking.Kids were terrified and huddled in the water.Even Thai families were visibly upset by these dogs. Farang owner was too busy removing his shirt to expose his biceps to pose.

Enough said, They crop there ears so other dogs cannot bite and hold on to them when fighting

Should put the owners in a pit to fight it out and shoot the looser

Im surprised the dog didn't attack the German bar owner during the argument. These dogs can tear muscle of the bone and cause permanent damage.

I agree. Very irresponsible of the owner/s letting them off the lead.

I'm not sure where the Thai law stands with a dog attack on a human, in a public place. These dogs can, and have, killed children.

Sad that a lot of people have to leave the beach because of one a**hole with a dangerous dog.

Nothing wrong with any breed really. The problem is pretty much always the owner.

I have a large dog that is deemed a dangerous breed and banned in certain countries but in reality he's been a fantastic family dog. Great with kids and family members but his look and size make strangers quite wary of him.

I wouldn't take him out to a public place though and he stays with the boundaries of our property.

• Like 1

There are Idiots everywhere, one of my dogs is a pitbul but she is always on the lead when out in public and especially if have cats around.

Mind you i also have 7 cats. She is fine with my cats/her pack but chases all other cats-weird!

In many cases dog breed choice has nothing to do with owners personality, however after a while dog takes on owners personality.

I use to be a pro body builder, and have a a tattoo, but i had an american eskimo dog, for those who do not know its a small samoyed, ie fluffy white dog.

Now i have 3 dogs, all street rescues, one of them happens to be a pitbul, all 3 are very people friendly though may look scary when they galloping towards someone while wiggling their tales and tongues hanging out.

Bottom line is, idiots are idiots no matter where they are or what they do.

• Like 1

I have know a lot of pitbull's and a lot of (muscular) tattoed man and find there are some bad and some good.

Myself I have a fat, bad, red cat. Wonder what it says about me :-)

do not think calling names is allowed on TVtongue.png

BUT I want to know why the cat is red?

I have an aggressive dog next door. Not sure if it is a pit bull - it has a large mouth, flat jaw line and barks at anything that moves - people walking in the street, people walking their dogs, me opening the gate, me driving up or down the drive, me closing the gate, etc. Thank God they only let it out a couple of hours a day.

However, it is a complete waste of oxygen.

I keep a large chopping knife on the patio wall. If ever that mutt makes it over the wall I will chop it's ****ing head off.

Sorry if I offended any dog lovers.

PS. I feed several (15?) dogs, 2 or 3 times a week when I exercise up a mountain in Phuket town. These dogs are placid, happy, wag their tails when they see me and are lovable. Some are quite sick.

- dogs playing

- puppies eating

• Like 1

Love stupid threads like this people make to show there prejudices against something they don't like in this case people who have tattoos

Well id like to go on record as saying im a Muay thai training, tattooed covered........... fluffy scaredy black cat owner

Maybe that means............. im a passive aggressive then?!?!?!

Would love to know my social profiling according to this thread

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with any breed really. The problem is pretty much always the owner.

I have a large dog that is deemed a dangerous breed and banned in certain countries but in reality he's been a fantastic family dog. Great with kids and family members but his look and size make strangers quite wary of him.

I wouldn't take him out to a public place though and he stays with the boundaries of our property.

It's "nature versus nurture." The way a dog is "nurtured" does have a big role to play in its behaviour.

Remember when all of you guys parked up here in Phuket because of the Freedom.

Well...unfortunately...your beloved Freedom has been raped to death by F grade expats...

Now, all that remains, is her retarded bastard child.

His name is Anarchy.

Hence Phuket becoming known as "Pattaya 2."