Road Tax

Sarge

I have been quoted 4,800 baht, find it a bit of shock, considering that previously I used to pay around 1,100 baht for a Mitsu Triton (not plus) single cab (2 doors) 2.5cc auto. It's a 4x jump in fee just for two extra doors. Interesting to see other had similar experience.

I have been quoted 4,800 baht, find it a bit of shock, considering that previously I used to pay around 1,100 baht for a Mitsu Triton (not plus) single cab (2 doors) 2.5cc auto. It's a 4x jump in fee just for two extra doors. Interesting to see other had similar experience.

2 door = commercial vehicle 4 door is not. did you notice the colour difference on the numberplates between 4 door and 2 door.

Why the ridiculous yellow colour behind your text ?

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

2 door = commercial vehicle 4 door is not. did you notice the colour difference on the numberplates between 4 door and 2 door.

don't know why it comes highlighted in yellow, no idea. Previous car had greenish colour numbers, current one are black, thanks for pointing it out.

don't know why it comes highlighted in yellow, no idea. Previous car had greenish colour numbers, current one are black, thanks for pointing it out.

If you've paid only 4800 you may consider yourself lucky....the 'normal' tax for 4 dr pick-up is around 6K+ (or so)...smile.png

If you've paid only 4800 you may consider yourself lucky....the 'normal' tax for 4 dr pick-up is around 6K+ (or so)...smile.png

I understand that for 3.0cc and over cars RT is 6,800 baht, just wanted to double check the figure quoted (4,800฿ for a 4 door pick up) is correct

Nowt do do with luck, 2.5L is less tax.

My 4 door Vigo D4D 3L is 6800THB.

it seems that 4,800฿ for 2.5cc and 6,800฿ for 3.0cc quotation I was given is correct

Well we know the transport officers have to make some money to and my gf payed last november 4500 Baht for a 4 door pick up 2.5 liter Turbo diesel 2003

I gess the officer didn t know my gf has a farang so don t show your face there.

it seems that 4,800฿ for 2.5cc and 6,800฿ for 3.0cc quotation I was given is correct

Well we know the transport officers have to make some money to and my gf payed last november 4500 Baht for a 4 door pick up 2.5 liter Turbo diesel 2003

I gess the officer didn t know my gf has a farang so don t show your face there.

Go's down after 5 years.. Mine is now 5 years old and went from 6800 to 6100 bht. smile.png

• Like 1

2 mistakes in this statement:

1) no, we don't know that. Maybe you do, but I have never experienced that;

2) no, farang or not farang has nothing to do with that, you just pay the price for the vehicle in question.

Go's down after 5 years.. Mine is now 5 years old and went from 6800 to 6100 bht. smile.png

Oooooop's forgot, it reduces even further but not sure at what age. smile.png

2 mistakes in this statement:

1) no, we don't know that. Maybe you do, but I have never experienced that;

2) no, farang or not farang has nothing to do with that, you just pay the price for the vehicle in question.

Well its not the place here to tell al kind of bad T office stories but believe me I have a few over the last 5 years.