Better Way Than Agents To Sell A House?

tgw

I want to sell a big 4 BR luxury house near Regent's school and have listed it with various agents, but inspite of the price being very attractive and getting positive feedback, I still haven't sold it.

Has anyone sold his house successfully using another method than the agents?

You could try the various notice boards around town, like at Foodmart in Jomtien and Friendship in South Pattaya (I think Foodland on Klang has one too?). Given the usual hand-written ads on these boards, with poor quality photos, I'd try to get a professional job done to make your property really stand out. Worth a shot, anyway.

Sorry to be a wet blanket ,buti have a friend who is an agent ,been here years ,expensive houses just do not sell well second hand ,i personally live not far from where you are ,houses in the 5 to 11 million range have been for sale for the seven years i have been here ,1 sold last year after 5 years after the price was reduced 2 million ,that was less than they paid for it new ,and the couple had installed a swimming pool and left all their furniture. as far as houses are concerned ,it seems only the cheap ones sell second hand and even then not quickly.

Mate sold his house 2/3 weeks ago- 5.75 million baht. Sold within days.

Was fully furnished, his tenants furniture which was sold with house.

His long standing tenant organised everything and found buyer with dedicated website and put on bahtsold and Thai visa.

I sold my place and again so easy.

If its a good price in a decent area and decent inside you can get a buyer.

Go head to head with hundreds of other similar places to what you own and it may never sell.

If you want to sell, make your place stand out from the others whether that be by price or other incentive to capture a buyer.

Places are selling as me and my mate have both done.

Good luck.

• Like 1

His long standing tenant organised everything and found buyer with dedicated website and put on bahtsold and Thai visa.

Go head to head with hundreds of other similar places to what you own and it may never sell.

If you want to sell, make your place stand out from the others whether that be by price or other incentive to capture a buyer.

Good luck.

If I remember (and I do) was it nine months? ago or something you were on these boards too,crying into your milk that nobody was even looking,never mind visiting to view your property You must have virtually given it away,but as you said desperation at losing your UK job forced it on you. One way to sell I guess ,publicly cry into your milk

Easy when you look back at finally getting shut ,same boat years ago,everything but everything ,even giant banner outside,plenty of punters ,bums through the door,plenty of them,then one day someone came along with a black bin liner full of money,obviously money laundering,and away I went,same day. One thing I learnt ,never ever will I buy in a foreign land where visa,threats of confiscation are always apparent

Edited by pinfold

There are many threads on here about this topic and generally you have three types of people with different opinions

Realestate Agents - who will tell you the market here is buzzing and priced correctly - Not true

Those that own properties and may be selling - they listened to realestate agents when buying and paid too much - usually discovered when trying to sell

Those like me that have no interest in property here and understand the two above

Edited by smedly

house prices are the same everywhere, by this I mean if the price is right there are buyers, if a house is not sold the price asked is not the market price simple as that, using agents ( whilst I abhor their methods at times ) are in fact a necessary evil, if the correct agent is used they should and I say should be able to get the BEST price as supposedly they KNOW what is actually happening in the market, without using an agent how does a seller really know what the current market valuation is? Ask in Thai Visa? hahaha give me a break..

Good luck.

If I remember (and I do) was it nine months? ago or something you were on these boards too,crying into your milk that nobody was even looking,never mind visiting to view your property You must have virtually given it away,but as you said desperation at losing your UK job forced it on you. One way to sell I guess ,publicly cry into your milk

Easy when you look back at finally getting shut ,same boat years ago,everything but everything ,even giant banner outside,plenty of punters ,bums through the door,plenty of them,then one day someone came along with a black bin liner full of money,obviously money laundering,and away I went,same day. One thing I learnt ,never ever will I buy in a foreign land where visa,threats of confiscation are always apparent

But I did sell it and have my lovely money whereas you can't sell and seem to be at the end of your tether asking strangers for advice which I gave honestly.

I'd never invest in Thai again as another poster stated.

Remember, you pay your money and you take your chances.

Take my advice rather than bickering about be and hopefully you'll sell.