New To Pattaya, Looking For Place To Rent

irishtoffy

Hi,

I am new to Pattaya but been living in other parts of Thailand for a few years.

Looking for some advice on places (apartments/rooms/condos/houses) to rent. Less than 10,000thb.

Looking for somewhere obviously nice, clean, etc and will stay long term assuming its alright.

Moving there next weekend so move in date 1st March.

Location - East of Sukhumvit as far across as Siam Country Club. Preferably a decent distance away from the craziness but not too far!

Any help is greatly appreciated by a new resident.

Cheers

East of Sukhumvit Road....

Plenty of houses for rent off Soi Siam Country Club and Soi Khao Talo under 10K. Small housing estates, 2 bedroom bungalows. Last time I looked around there were 3 or 4 bungalows to rent on Khao Talo 5 under 10K. Yet none of these were advertised anywhere except outside the premises.

Really you need a m/c to get around and search them out and decide exactly where would suit you best.

Roughly 100 Baht a time for m/c taxi to the beach. Same return. For when you need some fun. 2 - 3 kilometres to Big C / Tesco / Macro.

Soi Siam seems to have better markets.

• Like 1

I've recently been looking too in the same price range. There's almost nothing on the websites, e.g., craigslist or bahtsold, etc. The supermarket boards have almost nothing except 15,000 and up, and some crazy prices such as 40,000 bt. Still the best way is to walk around in your favoured areas and inquire, or rent a motorcycle. As I found out, you will need to buy a moto eventually.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Might be stating the obvious, but don't forget to check out your shortlisted rental property in the nighttime for barking dogs, neighbourhood noise etc. Have a chat with any expats at the location as well for feedback on neighbours behaviour

• Like 2

Might be stating the obvious, but don't forget to check out your shortlisted rental property in the nighttime for barking dogs, neighbourhood noise etc. Have a chat with any expats at the location as well for feedback on neighbours behaviour

I asked my GF about Khao Talo and Khao Noi area for apartment purposes. She said it's very noisy and busy and too many "bad Thai boys" in the area. She was looking to locate a restaurant and rejected the area for the above reasons. Ask yourself why rents are so low over there. Sorry if that ruffles a few feathers of residents but she was very adamant about that. She chose the Thep Phrasit area.

I asked my GF about Khao Talo and Khao Noi area for apartment purposes. She said it's very noisy and busy and too many "bad Thai boys" in the area. She was looking to locate a restaurant and rejected the area for the above reasons. Ask yourself why rents are so low over there. Sorry if that ruffles a few feathers of residents but she was very adamant about that. She chose the Thep Phrasit area.

also "bad" western men

EDIT: I live off Soi Nernplubwan in a quite Moo Baan, bought a house for my wife. There are some 3 bedroom house rentals approx 18k baht a month

Edited by simple1

That Viewdee apartments sounds good..cant find it on google map though. And phone number on their website doesnt connect?

Best to go there, normally someone in the office in the mornings, Soi 26 Nernplubwan (lright hand side from Sukhumvit, 5 km or so), 500m on the left.

Edited by Upnotover

As someone suggested, go check these places out in the evening also, may be a whole different picture. Also take in to consideration, flooding problems, it may look very dry in the dry season, but wait till it rains! Also, is the entrance to the estate congested, with carts, motorbikes or whatever. Is it a Thai type village, where there are cars parked everywhere in the street, carts, or is it a farang type village, where the cars are in their own property, its a big difference. Do they charge you high prices for the electric, water and security? Many many things to consider, not just the 10k.

http://maps.google.c...F-8&sa=N&tab=wl

This is what I get when searching for Nern Plub Waan on google. It comes up with a dental clinic and market..is it in the right area?

All the motorbike taxis will know Soi Nernplubwan, Basically it's on the opposite side of Sukhumvit Road from Pattaya Klang (central), just before the pedestrian overhead walkway