How Do The Common Thai Look On Other People With Overweight?

Welder

So, out of curiosity, which of the shapes do you closely identify with below?

So you want a date? Sorry, I doubt you're my type.

OH ... you never know. Thailand has opened my eyes ... rolleyes.gif

Anyway ... just thought you might like the opportunity to set the benchmark.

So, care to identify with a number described above?

Edited by David48

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good read for those really interested

http://scienceblogs....thermodynamics/

I will say it again i have nothing against fat people, only against those that complain but don't take charge. If your fat and happy and healthy keep at it.

Back to the real world with real people living in real modern obesogenic environments and scientists are now really on the path for answers than can really help the masses, as opposed to the tiny minority of current obese people who achieve lifelong weight loss without surgery:

http://www.scienceda...30107100101.htm

"Imagine you are able to develop drugs that pharmacologically mimic the complete absence of TRIP-Br2," Hsu said. "If a patient started off fat, he or she would burn the weight off. If people are at risk of obesity and its associated conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, it would help keep them lean regardless of how much fat they ate. That is the ideal anti-obesity drug, one that prevents obesity and helps people burn off excess weight."

Obesity is caused by a mixture of genetics and environment. We are social animals, not adding machines. The modern environment is massively more obesogenic than in the past. The genetics have always been there. The reason for the global obesity epidemic is therefore mostly environmental. The only realistic answer for the masses is medical breakthroughs.

Edited by Jingthing

That's absurd. For most fat people, it is not their choice. Most fat people have been on 100 diets. They would choose that they would work. Statistically, usually they don't. This kind of moral judging other people when you haven't walked in THEIR shoes is simply unfair.

Possibly they have been on 100 diets but have no had the discipline to stick with it.

As this is Thailand, my comments are restricted to Thai people (women over 30 in particular). From what I see they want to continue to eat all their fatty calorie rich food with minimal exercise and just want a magic pill that will make them slim. All the while they believe that these magic pills will do the trick, they are not prepared to make any alteration to their diet or exercise regime.

Sooner or later they will have to accept that there is no short cut to getting slim and it takes effort and discipline.

• Like 1

everyone cannot do swimming , and you call them fatties well they are overweight people and dont like to be called FATTIES , and all brits are not big drinkers , i agreed with some of you comments , but not when you get down and abuse people for being overweight and brits being big drinkers, what about aussies and germans and the rest of the world there are big drinkers in all , so dont single out brits and dont call people fatties . this is not polite . just because you done something about your weight does not give you the right too abuse overweight people

While I actually agree with your point, doesn't it seek to restrict what people can say when it marginalises a particular group of people?

I think one or two of the more prolific and vocal anti-PCBS ("Politically-Correct Bull Shit") posters on here who rail against it every chance they get should be up in arms about your comments.

After all, it's generally acceptable to slag off Thais, other ethnic groups, gays et al but when comments offend a group into which I'm sure many TV posters by virtue of their weight are lumped into, all of a sudden it's discriminatory and offensive.

1-s2.0-S0165178102001385-gr1.gif

Should the OP wish a genuine answer to his question ... one Thai ladies opinion who was just polled and viewed the photos above, and try and be very honest with her reply ...

#1 and #2 are too thin … he not strong enough for protect me.

#3, #4, #5 are good

#6 is OK … but #7

#7 look too big and difficult for fun.

She call him Mr Pancake maker ... rolleyes.gif

But ... but, she also went on to comment that some Thai ladies like the larger size man because they think he will be jai dee ... a good hearted man.

Also that a well dressed man is usually a well respected man

But one thing for sure about Thailand ... everyone different.

• Like 1

Well, I'm a FF--a fat fck. I used to be anyway. I decided to eat what my skinny Thai GF ate to see if it would make a difference, and it did. First, I must say, that like most Thai girls, she eats a lot. I mean that girl can sit at a buffet for hours and just keep eating. I even took video of her eating to show my friends back home because I thought it was hilarious. However, when you look at what she is eating, it was all very healthy. Very little rice, lots of greens, soups (without noodles), chicken on a stick (gai ping), melon, mangoes, etc.

I copied her diet and I ended up losing 22 Kilos. I would just eat small portions while walking around town, in what amounted to the "paleo diet"--the cave man diet of only meant, greens, and fruit. Nothing processed at all.

But...once I got slender I noticed that I got LESS attention from ladies than when I was fat. I think the girls view fat guys as something safe. As though nobody else will want you so you will be loyal to them. Once I got in shape, girls tended to think I was a "butterfly". Go figure.

As it turns out, most Thai women (the ones I meet anyway) are really attracted to the K-pop star look--smooth skin, Anime haircut, and dreamy eyes. Since I don't look like that, I think that they would rather have me be fat and happy (more generous with my wallet)

• Like 2

Should the OP wish a genuine answer to his question ... one Thai ladies opinion who was just polled and viewed the photos above, and try and be very honest with her reply ...

#3, #4, #5 are good

#6 is OK … but #7

But ... but, she also went on to comment that some Thai ladies like the larger size man because they think he will be jai dee ... a good hearted man.

I'm a #3, except for the waist and belly, wich are a #6 or 7. sad.png

First I am not Thai but I did ask a few Thai people what they thought about being overweight. Their response....nothing really. I received many replies such as

people fat....okay.

my mom is fat...okay

why is she fat....because she eats.

This scientific poll was conducted at a school in the Northeast and does not reflect the thoughts of Thais across the universe. But had the question been about having or not having white skin I think the replies would have been more aggressive.

• Like 2

I kinda go with rbb on a lot of his diet theories . I feel as a diabetic now , I was showing symptoms from an early age , because I was an active lad I thought I was never going to die and hit hell for leather and so on , I let my pish go to shit . What is the thread about again ? Oh ye , don't get fat lads .

Let's begin when I come first time to Thailand in the tsunami year 2004 have

85 kg toll nearly 1.80

The diarrhea was 3 month long and never stop I loose 12 kg in 3 month can eat everything and drink what I want with 25 year!

Now 1o year later my body change have 100 kg can drink and eat what I want, but I also make exercise every day swimm and walk everyday around 4 km

At 37 c the weight always same!

Thai people only think I eat to much,

But the don't know that fat people have another gen in the body then slim ones!

Thai people slim not walk , and the best thing walk more straight then farangs!

And the other reason why we farangs get so fat all drinks at 7 has only 10 or 20 procent fruit over 10 procent sugar

Same on the cookies, I think when young people eat in Thailand fast food every day the got fat, but I know many older eat sweet and fat, but for sure Falang

Cannot eat same spicy to burn fat during eating chilli!

I don't believe the slim diet bible

The want only our €€€ , and oroberbly not healthy loose 40 kg in 3 month!

Many products in America on the market

Switch off the brain region feel hungry!

With the result that some alien believe everything from the industry will collaps during the diet!

Did you recogneized that all those company's only talk about to good properties but never the bad side effects!

I think that whilst a few extra pounds may be tolerated as being "prosperous", a lot of thais would view morbid obesity as the rest of us would. Here's a translation:

papa, me like big man = you are a revolting fat slob, but I'll just focus on the job at hand and provide a favourable (paid) opinion of morbidly obese people

tongue.pnglaugh.png

Ching ching

Lost count of number of girls assuring me that they "like poompuy man" - but thats their job

o.k i was joking in my other post i,m not 140 kg i,m about 127 kg still pretty big ( F/B ) as most would say , but i know i dont look like any of the 7 pics

my chest is far bigger than my belly , i,m no bodybuilder , weightlifter but played rugby ( tight head prop ) and other sport when younger , its just when i moved here 7 years

ago i took it easy for a bit to long and put on a few to many kg,s . i,m 5 foot 11 dont know my BMI but i,ve never had a problem sitting in eco class or with

the seat belts around my gut , fat but happy , i think so ....whistling.gif

Just spent new year in the UK and we are comparing chalk and cheese, the kids in the UK are becoming larger year by year which is turning a nation of huge numbers of clinically obese from kids to adulthood. Thai kids being obese is the minority however many south east Asians have a gene which makes them prone to diabetes, now that's a worry.

No problem with fat people it's up to them, my old mum has a thyroid problem and eats likes she is on a constant diet, this is her choice to stay slim.

#3, #4, #5 are good

#6 is OK … but #7

I'm a #3, except for the waist and belly, wich are a #6 or 7. sad.png

Yes but how big are your tits Semper :)

o.k i was joking in my other post i,m not 140 kg i,m about 127 kg still pretty big ( F/B ) as most would say , but i know i dont look like any of the 7 pics

my chest is far bigger than my belly , i,m no bodybuilder , weightlifter but played rugby ( tight head prop ) and other sport when younger , its just when i moved here 7 years

ago i took it easy for a bit to long and put on a few to many kg,s . i,m 5 foot 11 dont know my BMI but i,ve never had a problem sitting in eco class or with

the seat belts around my gut , fat but happy , i think so ....whistling.gif

As long as your happy and also important healthy why not stay this way. Loosing weight means you have to give up things and get active, no need for it if you feel good and are happy though health is important too.

I just get annoyed with those who say its out of their control and they are not to blame, loosing weight is possible for everyone but its a bit harder for some as for others. In the end you control how you look and feel nobody else, all this its the environment its my genes ect. Sure there are people who have a hard time but even they can make positive changes. I hate remarks like its doomed to fail so i better not try. Take it from someone with a slow thyroid (and test to back the claim up) its possible but harder then for others. But you won't hear me moan I don't grow muscle like Arnold I just accept that there are genetic freaks who are lucky and those who are unlucky. But both can change to a big degree.