3 Million Baht Russian Tour Company Scam Reported To Pattaya Police Chief

Rimmer

3 Million Baht Russian Tour Company Scam reported to Pattaya Police Chief

russia-33.jpg

PATTAYA:--A Russian Travel Agency is once again under the spotlight and is thought to have sold an estimated 3 Million Baht’s worth of non-existent tour packages to Russian Tourists.

The “World of Chang” Tour Company had been reported by American and Lativian Tourists to Pattaya Police on 17th February but now a further 10 Russian Tourists who were assisted by a Lawyer reported more cases involving the Tour Company which is owned by Miss Natalia Aleynikova aged 54, also from Russia. She is failing to answer phone calls and her shop, located in Soi Pattaya Park is currently closed.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/76136/3-million-baht-russian-tour-company-scam-reported-pattaya-police-chief/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-02-23

Nothing surprises me about Pattaya or Phuket with Russians, and it's only going to get worse.

Dont blame only Russian , scam has no frontiers , it happen to anyone , from any country. if you knew russians a bit more you wouldnt say that .

My last 'business' transaction with Russians had them run away owing me USD70,000. I think whilst that may not be all Russians, it certainly paves the way to avoidance.

• Like 1

Personally i find it very odd, because company has been around for years.<br /><br />May well have decided to run a scam to make quick money, but something else also does not make sense<br /><br />It says 10 people have come forward, and estimated scam is 3 000 000 baht<br /><br />So does that mean each Russian paid close to 300 000 baht, how else would they estimate the so called scam.<br /><br />Sorry but something does not add up<br /><br />Also again, it does not say anywhere that people have requested refunds but were refused. so did they make this sales in the past month?I do not think its a full story

• Like 1

So, minimum four people on photos I knew before, when have worked with the "World of Chang Co. Ltd". There are Andrew and Oxana, former workers of "Ilves Tour" tour company and after changed company to "World of Chang", and moreover two former animators of "Robinsons Adventures", wich this company did one year before. Sure, Natalia didn't pay the salary for each of them very long time. Therefore in news were marked so big sum of money from only 10 people. That's meen the company have to pay for each around 300 thousand baht.

But, I cannot understand other thing. Nobody between four people had work permit and visa NON-B. HOW they don't scare to be arrested for illegal work when addressed to policDe for help? What they have to speak in police station for officer, why the company must pay them money? I understand if tourist with voucher of company go to police, he didn't work in Thailand and not guilty. But they???

Edited by Khun Phu

Ten Russians Ripped Off By Pattaya Tour Agency
PATTAYA:--A group of Russians complained to the Pattaya police superintendent about the lack of progress by police regarding their complaint of being scammed by a tour agency. The Russian-owned agency was also accused by three American tourists of ripping them off.

PATTAYA – February 23, 2013 [PDN]: At 12:10 a.m., more than 10 Russian tourists went to complain with Pol. Col. Suwan Cheawnawinthawat, Superintendent, Pattaya police station, about being scammed by a tour agency. They complained that they had already reported the incident to Pattaya police, but there has been no progress on their case.

The victims had bought package tours from the World of Chang Co., Ltd., a tour agency in Soi Pattaya Park on Pratumnak Road. The Russians prepaid 3 million THB for the package tours. But on the appointed day of the tour, the agency didn’t come to pick them up, and did not contact them.

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-02-23

Rimmer, on 23 Feb 2013 - 14:11, said:

Ten Russians Ripped Off By Pattaya Tour Agency

PATTAYA:--A group of Russians complained to the Pattaya police superintendent about the lack of progress by police regarding their complaint of being scammed by a tour agency. The Russian-owned agency was also accused by three American tourists of ripping them off.

PATTAYA – February 23, 2013 [PDN]: At 12:10 a.m., more than 10 Russian tourists went to complain with Pol. Col. Suwan Cheawnawinthawat, Superintendent, Pattaya police station, about being scammed by a tour agency. They complained that they had already reported the incident to Pattaya police, but there has been no progress on their case.

The victims had bought package tours from the World of Chang Co., Ltd., a tour agency in Soi Pattaya Park on Pratumnak Road. The Russians prepaid 3 million THB for the package tours. But on the appointed day of the tour, the agency didn’t come to pick them up, and did not contact them.

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-02-23

Ok, now the story is little different, they paid for the tour package which i assume also includes airfares.

so if they bought the package and arrived in Thailand, does that not mean its not totally a scam?

really really confusing the story, events and what is actually happening

Russian tourists allege travel scam
The Nation on Sunday

PATTAYA: -- About 10 Russian tourists yesterday filed a complaint with Pol Colonel Suwan Cheawnawinthawat, superintendent of Pattaya police station, calling on authorities to speed up their probe into a travel-company scam.

Earlier, they filed complaints against a travel agency in Pattaya that allegedly deceived them into buying non-existent tour packages, causing them to lose around Bt3 million.

They told police that they bought the packages from World of Chang Co to travel to tourist destinations in Thailand, but no one from the company provided any travel services.

They said they tried to contact Natalia Aleynikova, 55, the company's Russian owner, but were unsuccessful. As they wanted to see more progress in the case, they complained to Suwan.

Suwan said he and other police would meet alleged victims on Tuesday, before requesting an arrest warrant from a court against the company.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-02-24