Toyota: Selling Cars And Bullshit

Satanas

This is not Oz.

You right it is not, in Oz cars are shipped across the ocean, in Thailand cars are made around the corner

Big whop...most are made for export markets not necessarily for domestic sale so doesn't matter if the factory was next to you house, you still would have difficulty buying one. Why not be different than 98% of buyers and buy a non-Toyota vehicle...you may get it sooner.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the crock from Toyota in Pattaya on both sides of the Suk, had one cancel a delivery 4 days before due date, guess he received tea money. Since then we have dealt with Toyota in BKK who have been spot on time, helpful and apparently honest. Initially the Toyota Dealers here tried to refuse to carry out warranty work but one call from the dealer in BKK and it was all sorted. Also offers for my old car as trade were stupid, 450K from dealer and realistic book price of 750K from Bangkok dealership.

Which dealer in BKK was this? Thank you.

OMGImInPattaya, on 24 Feb 2013 - 11:36, said:

lemoncake, on 24 Feb 2013 - 09:33, said:

OMGImInPattaya, on 24 Feb 2013 - 06:51, said:

This is not Oz.

You right it is not, in Oz cars are shipped across the ocean, in Thailand cars are made around the corner

Big whop...most are made for export markets not necessarily for domestic sale so doesn't matter if the factory was next to you house, you still would have difficulty buying one. Why not be different than 98% of buyers and buy a non-Toyota vehicle...you may get it sooner.

Yep, wait time for Mitsu is 1-2 months, suzuki up to 1 year, honda 6-8 months.

And no most are not made for export, unless of course you believe factory does "make to order" so when you place an order they start to make it

Buy a Ford. No problem with delivery. Rayong wasn't flooded.

I waited 8 month for my Rangersad.png

We were offered a canceled truck last year buy I was overseas working so we couldn't take it.

I think the Pattaya dealer have been fair and polite we also got the WT to old pricesmile.png

Simple supply and demand. Huge demand and limited supply. With the floods and all, we waited nearly a year for our car. If dealers have cars sitting around for immediate delivery one has to wonder why, given market conditions.

They used to have before Tsunami and floods, my last one was a drive away 3 days after order.

I bought my Honda 3 years ago. Had a 2-3 month wait. They tried to push it back, but we fought hard. Come to find out, they had tried to sell it to someone else and just move my delivery back. It was something like 5k Baht to get a closer delivery date. Some dealers had stock from the previous year, but the price was the same. So we decided to wait the 2 months.

Fords might not have a wait time, but they are also not in such high demand as a Toyota or Honda. We also tried dealers in Rayong, Chonburi, and a few in Issan. No luck. All were 2 month wait times.

It's truly a racket here.

Similar story with me some years ago: went to the place late one Saturday afternoon to place my order for a new camry - a lot of the workers had left at this stage. The well presented lad who took my deposit told me he'd try and get the delivery date of 7-8 weeks shortened by a few weeks. 1 1/2 months later I dropped in to find out when it was on it's way only to find a claim that no-one had a clue about my order. I produced the receipt and they then claimed the guy who took the order was fired the following week and didn't work there any more. They claimed they couldn't find their copy of the receipt initially but then after I made it obvious they were going nowhere with that shlt they said they found it but the order had never been placed. Another 6 week wait.

We're just stuck with what we have here as regards selection and the fact that the customer is never right.

It isn't just Toyota... MOST if not all of the Pattaya dealers SUCK!!!! My wife and I purchased a Nissan Almera (bast value for the money in Thailand) and the dealer in pattaya wouldn't give us anything extra. I e-mailed the dealers in Bangkok and other areas outside of Pattaya. I told them what I wanted and had two write back saying they could do the deal. We got every "extra" you could want for the same price that the Pattaya dealer would not do anything for.

This is not Oz.

yeap thousands of them in Leam Chabang port, most left hand drive, I was there few months ago and dozens passed us all decked out in Saudi Police colors all headed to the huge container ship.

This is not Oz.

yeap thousands of them in Leam Chabang port, most left hand drive, I was there few months ago and dozens passed us all decked out in Saudi Police colors all headed to the huge container ship.

Can't explain international trade to , he thinks all the cars in Thailand are manufactured for him smile.png

Edited by Rimmer
Altered nic
  • Like 1

Try comprehending that if in 30 countries i have visited there is no wait, there is absolutely no reason to have waiting in a country which makes cars.

My father bought a Toyota Avalon several years ago in the US. It was a 6-7 week wait...unless you wanted what they had in stock, but of the 4-5 models in stock, none had the color nor accessories he wanted. So, had to wait.

craigt3365, on 25 Feb 2013 - 10:40, said:

lemoncake, on 25 Feb 2013 - 09:56, said:

Try comprehending that if in 30 countries i have visited there is no wait, there is absolutely no reason to have waiting in a country which makes cars.

My father bought a Toyota Avalon several years ago in the US. It was a 6-7 week wait...unless you wanted what they had in stock, but of the 4-5 models in stock, none had the color nor accessories he wanted. So, had to wait.

fair enough, only in Thailand you need to wait for any color and any model, you just wait no matter what.

fair enough, only in Thailand you need to wait for any color and any model, you just wait no matter what.

Right on. When I bought my Honda, a few dealers had cars (we visited almost every Honda dealer in Rayong and Chonburi province!). All were last year's model. Not sure why they'd have them though????

Right on. When I bought my Honda, a few dealers had cars (we visited almost every Honda dealer in Rayong and Chonburi province!). All were last year's model. Not sure why they'd have them though????
If i had to guess, i would say because of the 6-8 months wait on Honda's, people expect the latest model so possibly when they tried to deliver the order, there was already a new model out.

The question is, why they do not do sales on old stock and test drive cars

craigt3365, on 25 Feb 2013 - 14:09, said:

Too funny. Reason I visited so many dealers is I wanted to test drive a car! No way! One dealer, in Sri Racha, let me drive around the building in their lot. But I couldn't go on the road! Crazy.

yeah, most of the time they can not even show you the car or tell you about it. They just give the brochure and expect a deposit.

I remember when i did my shopping, test drive out of the question.

Ok, please show me what this model looks like, the interior?-can not.

Ok, tell me the difference in models, why this model is 50K more?-can not

Ok, so what can i do? Mister can pay deposit biggrin.png

I noticed a dealer on Sukhumvit yesterday with a quite a few Toyota and Isuzu trucks all red plated, wonder how he gets them and what he sells them for. could it possibly be he pays more, jumps the que and sells to locals at higher price on higher finance .

Edited by marstons

Let me tell you the funniest one.

At one stage i decided i likes the Mitsu Pajero.

At the dealer have the car with a huge sign "TEST DRIVE ME NOW"

So, i ask to test drive, the answer NO can not.

I question why i can not when the car has "test drive me now" all over it.

Can not, but can buy now and take it now.

Naturally being slightly angry, i contacted the head office and spoke to a Marketing Manager.

20 minutes later got a call back "car is ready for test drive all day if i like"

So i go back to dealer, test drive it for 15 mins and tell them i will take it. Keep in mind all taking place same day.

Now i am told, i can not buy, but need to wait.

So first i could not test drive even though it says test drive car but i could buy it(without a wait) and few hours later i can test drive it, but can not buy it and need to wait.

Naturally called the marketing manager again, who just could not comprehend why i did not want to wait for 2 months for delivery.

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 2

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

lol, you think this raises your eyebrow.

i stopped by Nissan on Sukhumvit road assuming they may have cars for sale without the wait.

Only to be told by the cleaner that all staff are out for lunch and to come back in about 1-2 hours.

The entire staff of Nissan dealership went out for lunch all at the same time.

They did not even instruct the cleaner to call them immediately if have a customer comes in

They expect for customer to wait around or come back after they finish their meal

• Like 1

I am not a fan of the 'Nanny' state but thanks be for the Sale of Goods Act in the UK. Every time since the 60's that I have bought a new car I have drawn up a few additions to the normal Conditions of Sale contract. They stated on which date and time the vehicle in a driveable condition would be delivered to me, that a banker's draft would be accepted in the same way as cash (no waiting for the cheque to clear), and that the dealer may not affix an advertising sticker to the back window or in fact anywhere else on the car. Should the additional conditions not be met then the whole contract would be voided and my deposit returned in full without delay. There have been a few grumbles at times but no refusal to meet my conditions. I wouldn't go so far as to insist that the customer is always right but, for sure, those elements on the transaction that I consider important enough to insist upon must be met.

Fair trading regulations in Thailand, if there are any, are regularly flouted it seems to me. I acknowledge that this is not the UK and wishing for an effective and imposed Sale of Goods Act would be baying at the moon and as likely to be made available as a thorough cleanup of the Government (of any shade), the Civil Service (who are neither civil nor provide an acceptable service) and BIB. My attitude is that if you want my money, then earn it, just as I did.

w00t.gif:w00t:w00t.gif:w00t:

i stopped by Nissan on Sukhumvit road assuming they may have cars for sale without the wait.

Only to be told by the cleaner that all staff are out for lunch and to come back in about 1-2 hours.

They did not even instruct the cleaner to call them immediately if have a customer comes in

They expect for customer to wait around or come back after they finish their meal

Bet it was between 12-1 when everybody has to eat at that time and shall consider to do so, cause that's what they did hundreds of years ago. Staggered lunch breaks, never, strike, mob, riot make changes for the better cannot do. Had same thing in True shop, door sign stated open but all staff sat around eating and told me to go away and comeback later, yeah right.

w00t.gif:w00t:w00t.gif:w00t:

Bet it was between 12-1 when everybody has to eat at that time and shall consider to do so, cause that's what they did hundreds of years ago. Staggered lunch breaks, never, strike, mob, riot make changes for the better cannot do. Had same thing in True shop, door sign stated open but all staff sat around eating and told me to go away and comeback later, yeah right.
Yep you got it right, it was about that time.

Same thing seems to be the case even with the banks, when you call during lunch time, no one answers the phone.

I guess no one in Thailand has heard of roster lunch eating biggrin.png

I havent bought a new car yet, but bought a new Honda Click, and

ran into these same problems. At one shop, I asked if they could change the red seat with another bike that was next to it, "no can do"! It would have taken 5 minutes to change, but no. Bought the bike from across the street. But when I asked about the service, she told me to just bring it in. When I broght it in, she sent me to the other dealer, back across the street!

They have no concept of business here, but then sometimes when you walk out the door, they change their minds.

In many cases, a Thai salesperson has the attitude, 'I have it...and you want it.'

I went to Central to by a high end TV for around 100,000Bt.

The salesperson wanted to confirm my credit card but insisted I use MY telephone to make the long distance call. He refused to use the store phone.

I told him I needed to go purchase a phone card and the idiot let me walk away.

Dumb fuk.