100% Honey ,means In Thailand 80%sugar!

Sandman77

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just, half hour ago a dealer in our village want sale punched honey!

Well I haven't a clue what that means, but honey is basically all sugar, in fact a spoonful of sugar is as sweet as a spoonful of granulated sugar. Do you want non sweet honey by any chance ??

Everything seems to give you a problem here in Thailand. Maybe it's written in the rules somewhere that people entering the country with a Passboard are given a specially hard time.

• Like 1

Well I haven't a clue what that means, but honey is basically all sugar, in fact a spoonful of sugar is as sweet as a spoonful of granulated sugar. Do you want non sweet honey by any chance ??

Everything seems to give you a problem here in Thailand. Maybe it's written in the rules somewhere that people entering the country with a Passboard are given a specially hard time.

"punched honey" is "Austrian-English" derived from the German word "gepantscht" meaning "adulterated mix".

by the way, i don't understand that quite a number of people fall for the silly questions of this troll and waste their time.

"punched honey" is "Austrian-English" derived from the German word "gepantscht" meaning "adulterated mix".

by the way, i don't understand that quite a number of people fall for the silly questions of this troll and waste their time.

It gives us something to do, what else would you do in a Tropical Country thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the info. Learn something new everyday. So his troll post was not completely wasted..

A quick easy way to check if honey is pure is to dip a small piece of cloth in it and light it on fire. Genuine honey will burn while that which is mixed with cane syrup will sputter and pop.

I usually buy "organic honey" for 350-400 tb. When buying you should see if it begins to crystallize.

A 100% honey should crystallize in cold temperatures.

Quite right, my own honey (from my own bees) does sometimes crystallise, in the fridge.

IME the sellers-of-fake-honey sometimes throw in a couple of dead-bees, or a scrap of honeycomb, to add authenticity to their suspiciously-cheap syrup with caramelised-colour product ! But you can taste the difference ! Caveat emptor !

I Learn something new every day. Thanks Naam. I thought a "punched honey" was a Pattaya gal being disciplined by her pimp.

I love honey and I'm looking forward to getting back to Canada where we have many flavours of honey depending on the flowers the bees have been pollinating. Honey is one of the few foods that never need refrigeration and it never goes bad. There have been cases of 1000 year old honey being found and it's still edible.

• Like 1

A quick easy way to check if honey is pure is to dip a small piece of cloth in it and light it on fire. Genuine honey will burn while that which is mixed with cane syrup will sputter and pop.

Can I do this in the supermarket before committing to my purchase?

• Like 2