Where To Get The Full Interview Of Bill Heinecke?

Anyone know where to get insightful information on Bill Heinecke, particularly more recent? Below, I found a video that asked Heinecke "If you were 25 y.o. now with only 100,000 baht (~ $3000 usd), where would you be (what would you do)?" He smiles intently like he's ready with an answer, and then the vid cuts out. I think it's a question all of us would like to hear. Where is more of this interview?

Awesome, am starting to watch it now. Barty for president!! Meanwhile, question, why is his voice so strange. I also heard he renounced his US citizenship -- a snub or implication, or?

(edit: on a sidenote, the guy doing the interviewing is super annoying). Still watching though....

Edited by labik

Awesome, am starting to watch it now. Barty for president!! Meanwhile, question, why is his voice so strange. I also heard he renounced his US citizenship -- a snub or implication, or?

(edit: on a sidenote, the guy doing the interviewing is super annoying). Still watching though....

My understanding is that he renounced his citizenship for US tax reasons, although I am not 100% sure that is true.

If you want a little more detail about his life you can read his book;

The interviewer asks him how it feels to be the richest Farang in Thailand and he responds. Neither one informing everyone that Farang is a bad word. Perhaps the richest man in Thailand is wrong and all the guru's on Thai Visa are correct or perhaps ...... ha ha ha...... No one told the richest Farang in Thailand that you had to have a large fortune to make a small company. He borrowed 25,000 baht to start his company.

• Like 1

The interviewer asks him how it feels to be the richest Farang in Thailand and he responds. Neither one informing everyone that Farang is a bad word. Perhaps the richest man in Thailand is wrong and all the guru's on Thai Visa are correct or perhaps ...... ha ha ha...... No one told the richest Farang in Thailand that you had to have a large fortune to make a small company. He borrowed 25,000 baht to start his company.

And when was that ?

Oh yeah I remember now it was in the GOLDEN sixties and seventies, when business was exploding everywhere in the world.

And when was that ?

Oh yeah I remember now it was in the GOLDEN sixties and seventies, when business was exploding everywhere in the world.

Thailand was at war too. Don't forget that. He was only 18. Heck almost every 18 year old American made a fortune in Thailand back then eh? I was here. Good times. Weren't you?

And when was that ?

Thailand was at war too. Don't forget that. He was only 18. Heck almost every 18 year old American made a fortune in Thailand back then eh? I was here. Good times. Weren't you?

No I wasn't here at the age of 9, and I actually doubt many Americans were here to start a business, as they would have been too busy doing business in the US.

Bill Heinecke just happened to be here because his dad was sent out, otherwise he probably would have a business somewhere else in the world now.

Bill Heineke wrote a book years ago called "The Entrepreneur" which outlined his career from graduating from ISB to the start of Pizza Company. He knew the only way he could stay in Thailand and do business in Thailand easier was to become a Thai citizen. His kids are US citizens as he married his high school sweetheart. He had a plan and although many might say bad things about him for renouncing his citizenship, he has become the richest Farang Thai in Thailand. I tip my hat off to him.

• Like 1

And when was that ?

No I wasn't here at the age of 9, and I actually doubt many Americans were here to start a business, as they would have been too busy doing business in the US.

Bill Heinecke just happened to be here because his dad was sent out, otherwise he probably would have a business somewhere else in the world now.

200,000 plus Americans just happened to be here (in bases all over Thailand) in the 1960's and 1970's. I didn't say anything about being 9 years old. You know the interesting thing all those Americans figured out a way to get free room and board in Thailand and even someone to pay their transportation.

"It was like meeting an old friend. Bill Heinecke was warm and welcoming."

I've met him twice, he was hardly warm and welcoming. Ask any headhunter willing to tell the truth and they'll all say that Minor International is well-known to be a "hire and fire" sort of company.

"It was like meeting an old friend. Bill Heinecke was warm and welcoming."

I've met him twice, he was hardly warm and welcoming. Ask any headhunter willing to tell the truth and they'll all say that Minor International is well-known to be a "hire and fire" sort of company.

You know Mr. Microwave I haven't met many successful people in the food business who would win any popularity contests. That's the same impression I got.

Bill Heineke wrote a book years ago called "The Entrepreneur" which outlined his career from graduating from ISB to the start of Pizza Company. He knew the only way he could stay in Thailand and do business in Thailand easier was to become a Thai citizen. His kids are US citizens as he married his high school sweetheart. He had a plan and although many might say bad things about him for renouncing his citizenship, he has become the richest Farang Thai in Thailand. I tip my hat off to him.

Renouncing his US citizenship was a prudent business decision for Bill, as it has become for many of us who own multinational businesses. People who criticize him for this are simply ignorent of the situation.

@George, thanks for that link. Unfortunately I clicked both links in your reply but I only get a 1 minute (or so) clip. However I found on youtube an interview that looks quite similar, it's about 24 minutes in length. Is that the same one? I know you said the one you watched is maybe an hour (?), so I thought I better make sure.

@Microwave, re: "I've met him twice..." Yah your comment sort of goes in with the video. The video was an "entertaining" watch but it seemed quite too much like a "Lifestyles with Robin Leach" rather than in depth and terribly revealing. I've read over half of his book in the past. With both the book and the video, I couldn't help but think he isn't telling all there is to tell, or even a lot of it. A man that has made over a half billion dollars, in particular in this part of the world, must have perhaps some darker sides or moments that aren't made for the camera. I wonder what other real aspects of himself he has to reveal (?).

Apart from his ethnicity he is not a farang.He is entirely Sino Thai in his business approach with all that this implies.He has an excellent brain but no real intellectual interests, just fast cars etc.Not at all well educated.He only became a Thai citizen a decade or so ago.His Thai language ability is very basic indeed though he pretends otherwise.He nearly went under in the late 1990's but is doing extremely well now, better than ever.His great talent is getting the best possible partners.Somewhat arrogant and would have no time for most Thai Visa members.Complicated guy.I like him.

• Like 1