What Ever Happened To ......?

Valentine

The mini bus driver involved in the horrific accident on Chao Fa West in which a young girl was killed.

The countless drivers who's reckless driving behaviour resulted in a tragedy.

The numerous owners of tourist buses & heavy vehicles where faulty/no maintenance was the cause of an accident resulting in death &/or injury. I have the answer to this one. Absolutely nothing even though it was recently stated by some official in Phuket they would be held accountable.

Feel free to add to the list or provide answers if you have them.

oh and what happened to the bloke who molested the young girl in the nth of the island recently? who killed the HR hotel manager recently? what happened t o the 100% helmet law for everyone ? what about the journo who was gunned down ?

the heroes??????????

Being a hero is hazardous to your health. A guy who managed to stop toxic waster from being dumped near his community was gunned down yesterday, he is a hero. There is a list of about 28 who have been killed since 1995. I seriously doubt any of the masterminds have been brought to justice.

Make what you will of this one http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622138-new-reports-acquits-hit-and-run-driver-that-killed-four-swedes-in-thailand/

the heroes??????????

Being a hero is hazardous to your health. A guy who managed to stop toxic waster from being dumped near his community was gunned down yesterday, he is a hero. There is a list of about 28 who have been killed since 1995. I seriously doubt any of the masterminds have been brought to justice.

Make what you will of this one http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622138-new-reports-acquits-hit-and-run-driver-that-killed-four-swedes-in-thailand/

http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/s/stranglers9988/nomoreheros326279.html

make of this what you will

• 4 months later...

Ice man's post in the topic about bravest newsmen reminded of this topic. The articles he referred to certainly fall under this category. There must be 100's if not 1,000s of these all over the country. Is it fear, unable to get the information, short term memory span which seem to afflict most over here (except for better half who always manages to dredge up something from long ago & long forgotten by me when we are having a heated discussion), or is it a combination of these & other factors such as libel suits, loss of advertising.

Ice man's post in the topic about bravest newsmen reminded of this topic. The articles he referred to certainly fall under this category. There must be 100's if not 1,000s of these all over the country. Is it fear, unable to get the information, short term memory span which seem to afflict most over here (except for better half who always manages to dredge up something from long ago & long forgotten by me when we are having a heated discussion), or is it a combination of these & other factors such as libel suits, loss of advertising.

Maybe we could start a "What ever happened to........ the What ever happened to......." thread. :) :)

Your's is the first post since late Feb. :)