School Holidays Coming Up...

raro

In 10 days school holidays start and our 3 year old will be jobless for 10 (!) weeks. As my wife and me do run a business, we need to find some daycare solution as we simply do not have the time to entertain her. The kindergarten offers against an extra fee some "holiday camp" but that covers only a part of the time off and is not really a workable solution..

Any suggestions welcome!

Good idea, but the family part wouldn't work for us as they all live in the sticks. As for the teachers, they will work for the better part of the time off, so no option either.

Is there any daycare center in Pattaya?

Good idea, but the family part wouldn't work for us as they all live in the sticks. As for the teachers, they will work for the better part of the time off, so no option either.

Is there any daycare center in Pattaya?

I know this is not Pattaya but in Chiangrai most of the teachers run 7am to 6pm holiday camps for the kids. Not too expensive and the kids seem to love it Of course they speak Thai but in your case I do not think that is a problem. You could check if they do it there.

Tara Pattana Int. school will allow her to join classes, for a fee, for those 10 weeks. They have a Nursery, pre-Nursery and Reception class that would surely fit her needs. School hours are from 8:00 am until about 4:00 pm if you were to keep her in extra class from 2:30 until 4:00. Also, Phoenix Kindy., same owners as Tara have the same kind of program. good luck!

Okay, was there yesterday. Sign up fee is 60,000. The term is another 60,000. They have three of such terms per year. So it would cost me 120,000 to have the daughter looked after for 10 weeks. Probably cheaper to employ a foreign fully licensed teacher 24/7...

Went then to the doctor rake kindergarten nearby. There holiday activities cover the entire time off for under 10,000 baht. Signed up there.