Metal Sheet Roofting Costs?

MuayThaiGuy

Do any of you guys have a rough idea of how much metal sheet roofting costs in Thailand?
I realize the exact price would depend on the quality of the roofing sheets, labor cost, location etc. but I'm just looking to get a ballpark idea right now.
If anyone has a rough idea of what the price is per square meter (with steel supports and installation), let me know.

I've attached a photo below showing what I'm looking for..

Thanks in advance.

555768_472073882841167_470190695_n.jpg

I've not got your answer but it may help to add what sort of building it is?

I put metal roofing on the house I am building up the jungle but it is pressed to immitate roof tiles.

The cost of metal-work really depends on the load and width etc..

Maybe if you are a little more specific somebody can help you.

Go to <coolthaihouse> website and type in metal roof price.

From an Oct 2012 post:"The total cost on the house was around 1,000 Baht per square metre which included Clean Colorbond and the KlipLok installation system, sprayed on PU-foam and the roof structure itself."

This price includes the welding and structure, plus the roof installation.

I have researched metal roofs and will be using this system on my future house build in Thailand. For a house, the metal roof with bonded on insulation/radiant barrier formula is the best way (IMO) as long as you do not live right next to the ocean. For a building such as your example not sure if the extra cost of the insulation would be worthwhile.

We used a company from Lamphun called EC Ching as they had the aluminum-zinc cladded steel with the best life. Without support steel or labor, the roof itself was around 50,000 baht for a 12 by 13 meter hip roof. You could save about 40% if you got it without insulation but it would be noisy and hot. We've been very impressed with how well the roof keeps the house cool with the bonded insulation. The company recommended an experienced crew that came up and installed it one day. Definitely an economical way to go.

Get some quotes from your local suppliers but more important just make sure it's constructed and fixed properly.

A profile metal clad roof has just gone on opposite us and I try to tell them to turn up ridges and hips and in some degree pitches best to turn down eaves as well but they just looked and laughed rolleyes.gif they are just plastering a ceiling in, whistling.gif can't wait until it lashes down with rain.

Edited by Kwasaki

I was considering this, but have doubts because of it being used closed to the sea. There is always a sea breeze and steel/salt water is not really a good combination.

Are there alloys that can stand up to those conditions?

In short Yes !! I can't see any reason why they would not be available in Thailand.

That said every product has some kind of lifespan.

As for galv plated steel profile sheets with PVF or plastisol coatings and Ali profile sheets in plain or PVF, the company I use to work for constructed a lot of buildings on the UK sea coasts.

Reports were mostly favourable on lifespans, most deterioration complaints were down to incorrect construction and workmanship.

Maintain most things and they will last.smile.png

Edited by Kwasaki

We used a company from Lamphun called EC Ching as they had the aluminum-zinc cladded steel with the best life. Without support steel or labor, the roof itself was around 50,000 baht for a 12 by 13 meter hip roof. You could save about 40% if you got it without insulation but it would be noisy and hot. We've been very impressed with how well the roof keeps the house cool with the bonded insulation. The company recommended an experienced crew that came up and installed it one day. Definitely an economical way to go.

That works out to 320 baht per sq. meter for that metal roof with attached insulation. I think for a house or living area saving 40% by not having the insulation would be a penny wise, pound foolish decision for a hot tropical area such as Thailand (IMO). I agree this is an economical roof system and it is what we be putting on our house when we start our build.

What was the total cost of your roof including labor and the steel?

What was the total cost of your roof including labor and the steel?

Labor to put on the steel roofing (1 long day with a large crew) was 7000 baht. Total price for capping the house (roof steel, support steel, welding labor, primer, paint, etc.) was just under 120,000 baht. Prices have gone up for channel steel so costs are higher this year. We designed the support steel so we could change to synthetic or tile roof later so you could save cost by using less support steel if you just plan on using the steel roofing.

• 2 weeks later...

I was considering this, but have doubts because of it being used closed to the sea. There is always a sea breeze and steel/salt water is not really a good combination.

In short Yes !! I can't see any reason why they would not be available in Thailand.

As for galv plated steel profile sheets with PVF or plastisol coatings and Ali profile sheets in plain or PVF, the company I use to work for constructed a lot of buildings on the UK sea coasts.

Reports were mostly favourable on lifespans, most deterioration complaints were down to incorrect construction and workmanship.

I'm looking for a metal roof & steel frame contractor for a project - do you guys know any good ones near Hua Hin or Surathani?

I'm looking for a metal roof & steel frame contractor for a project - do you guys know any good ones near Hua Hin or Surathani?

Talk to BlueScope - they are the experts and the best we found

I especially like this one:

http://www.bluescopesteel.co.th/lysaght/en/products.cfm?ID=c5fbaa09-fa5f-4df3-8643-6c9cf0f06ecd&infoID=4a7ffd6f-bf54-4be8-b8a2-2528a3c38509&nID=655EB3DD-0199-411F-B29E-B453DDA9F296

It uses a click locking system.

I always found it strange to make a roof with metal plates and the first thing done is drilling holes in it. smile.png

• Like 1

Sorry bbrad I do not know anyone there or where I live but the only thing I have noticed in Thailand is they do not fix it correctly in most cases unless carried out by a compamy that knows what it's constructing, at the the end of the day it's not that difficult and does not take up a lot of time, if workmanship is watched and supervised you will and can get a good roof and if wanted side elevation construction.

I especially like this one:

http://www.bluescopesteel.co.th/lysaght/en/products.cfm?ID=c5fbaa09-fa5f-4df3-8643-6c9cf0f06ecd&infoID=4a7ffd6f-bf54-4be8-b8a2-2528a3c38509&nID=655EB3DD-0199-411F-B29E-B453DDA9F296

It uses a click locking system.

I always found it strange to make a roof with metal plates and the first thing done is drilling holes in it. smile.png

A secret fix system is good, speeddeck a UK product came to mind for me but in some severe weather areas they still need extra fixings to ridge and eaves areas which are still hidden apart from a few pops here and there.

A strong wind over a roof sucks not so much the getting under and blowing it off which so many people think.