Abhisit, Suthep Violated Resolution On Police Construction: D S I

webfact

2013-01-21 "Mr Tarit said: Later, Mr Suthep in his capacity as deputy premier in the Democrat-led administration, changed the bidding method by authorising that tenders be called only through the RTP, and under the condition that the private company that wins the bidding would not be allowed to subcontract out any of the construction work."

"2013-02-07 On May 29, 2009 Patcharawat Wongsuwon, then national police chief, proposed to allow the nine regional police offices to carry out bidding contests for the project, Mr Suthep said.

However, Pol Gen Prateep Tanprasert, then acting national police chief, decided to combine all the bidding contests into one, reasoning the method would help save state funds.

Mr Suthep said he approved the proposed change and stressed to Pol Gen Prateep that old buildings must not be demolished. The bidding was completed and the construction contract was signed during the term of another national police chief, Wichean Potephosree, he said."

Clearly and obviously DPM Suthep failed to properly control the RTP whose generals were duped by dishonest construction companies, allegedly that is, all of this

Well the bottom line then is, if it was approved and construction work had began, who got the cash as all I saw were some pylons/building stumps in the ground with no other work carried out. Where is the money and who was it that apporved the work, ah yes Abisit and his Deputy Suthep. The money.

• Like 1

What a load of crock! The 'solid' evidence doesn't exist and it will never be shown in public. This announcement is just a cynical ploy to affect this Sunday's election.

The PTP and their DSI flunky Tarit are the lowest form of pond scum.

This is the second time around for these allegations by Tarit.

Maybe 10 - 14 days ago Abhisit spoke on this subject and explained and Tharit withdrew.

Elections coming soon, how opportune to trot it all out again to make the dems look bad.

So you're saying corruption allegations against the Democrats should be swept under the carpet because an election is coming up. How democratic!

Nice attempt to twist my post but you failed.

I didn't say that, and I said nothing whatever that could go even close to the posture your suggesting.

You need to get up a little earlier and improve your comprehension skills.

Edited by scorecard

Abhisit Vejjajiva and Suthep Thaugsuban the darlings of TV? I thought that it was only Thaksin that did stuff like this?

It s not uncommon for the Thaksin camp to lie straight to your face.

In any bidding anywhere in the world the final contract is issued to one entity, the lowest bidder...But of course the thaksin camp tried to make it sound bad.

I'll give it to the Thaksin camp though, they know how to wag the dog...Abhisit is a moron when it comes to Public Relations and needs to start fighting fire with fire...this is Thailand, do as they do, his British education and tactics arent going to work here, and he needs to realize that.

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 1

Well the bottom line then is, if it was approved and construction work had began, who got the cash as all I saw were some pylons/building stumps in the ground with no other work carried out. Where is the money and who was it that apporved the work, ah yes Abisit and his Deputy Suthep. The money.

Since the contract (according to the OP) was only signed in 2011, and the Democrat-led coalition-government was voted-out in July-2011, and the previous few months they were only a caretaker-government in the run-up to that election, how likely is it that there was any work completed for them to approve ?

Since the PTP-led government seems to have continued the payments for 18-months, and would have been responsible for checking progress before making stage-payments, but has instead been extending the completion-deadline, surely the DSI and Auditor-general will find that rather more of the mud sticks to the current administration ?

The DSI and AG should of course investigate, charges should be laid, and there should be a full-accounting to the public of who got the money, and when. This might be embarrassing for the current government, or the BiBs as well, and the truth will only come out after the Bangkok-election, if at all.

But by then, it will have had the desired effect on the election-result, won't it. wink.png

Abhisit Vejjajiva and Suthep Thaugsuban the darlings of TV? I thought that it was only Thaksin that did stuff like this?

In any bidding anywhere in the world the final contract is issued to one entity, the lowest bidder...But of course the thaksin camp tried to make it sound bad.

I'll give it to the Thaksin camp though, they know how to wag the dog...Abhisit is a moron when it comes to Public Relations and needs to start fighting fire with fire...this is Thailand, do as they do, his British education and tactics arent going to work here, and he needs to realize that.

Ahibist has faith in the rule of law while the PTP has faith in cronyism.

Where did they find a pro democrat constructor in Chiangmai?

Principles are one thing, but.....

You didn't know that Tharit is Thaksin's slave?

I guess that he was sold to Abhisit in the last government and then bought back?

That's about it...... a slave who goes with the highest bidder.

• Like 1

2013-01-21 "Mr Tarit said: Later, Mr Suthep in his capacity as deputy premier in the Democrat-led administration, changed the bidding method by authorising that tenders be called only through the RTP, and under the condition that the private company that wins the bidding would not be allowed to subcontract out any of the construction work."

"2013-02-07 On May 29, 2009 Patcharawat Wongsuwon, then national police chief, proposed to allow the nine regional police offices to carry out bidding contests for the project, Mr Suthep said.

However, Pol Gen Prateep Tanprasert, then acting national police chief, decided to combine all the bidding contests into one, reasoning the method would help save state funds.

Mr Suthep said he approved the proposed change and stressed to Pol Gen Prateep that old buildings must not be demolished. The bidding was completed and the construction contract was signed during the term of another national police chief, Wichean Potephosree, he said."

Clearly and obviously DPM Suthep failed to properly control the RTP whose generals were duped by dishonest construction companies, allegedly that is, all of this

Quiet correct, an interesting case smile.png

The Royal Thai Police Office finally entered into a contract with PCC on March 25, 2011. The quote was for 5.84 billion baht, lower than the estimated median price of 6.67 billion baht. Via cheque the RTPO made advance payments to the amount of 877 million baht to the company. (NOTE: no details on when after the contract singing the RTPO gave PCC cheques; rubl)

According to past records, PCC was one of the firms contracted to build Ua-arthorn housing projects between 2003-2007, while the Thai Rak Thai and People Power parties were the governments.

Asked whether PCC was linked to a construction contractor in Chiang Mai who is the father-in-law of a well-known politician, k. Tarit said this was being investigated. The DSI has also invited three former national police chiefs in for questioning over possible irregularities in the projects. They are Pol Gen Patcharawat Wongsowon, Pol Gen Preteep Tanprasert and Pol Gen Wichean Potephosree.

The police panel investigating alleged corruption in the long-delayed construction of buildings and offices at 396 police stations has resolved to recommend that the contract be terminated.

“However, before doing that the chairmen of the inspection teams of the Regions 1-9 Provincial Police Bureaus and the police operational centre of the southern border provinces will first be required to submit reports for the panel to consider,” Pol Gen Worapong said.

The Royal Thai Police Office would not immediately file a case seeking the termination of the contract. It would wait until March 14, when the latest extension of the contract expires, in order to be at an advantage.

But all may stop holding their breath, our darling candidate for the Bangkok Governor position Pol. General Dr. Pongsapat only signed off on some recommendations, but couldn't remember what he had signed apart from not having the need to know what it was he signed rolleyes.gif

PS the project started under the PM Somchai government in 2007 with initial budget estimate of THB 17 billion, but that was soon reduced to less than THB 7 billion. All this still under the Somchai government.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Would seem Tarit and his boss have dug their way deep into a pile of poo on this one and they are going to have to dig very carefully to get out without implicating anyone important.

Of course it could all just be quietly forgotten but then there may be those who would not want to let it go away quietly.

But that could be bad for the health as has been shown in other cases.

• Like 1

I'll give it to the Thaksin camp though, they know how to wag the dog...Abhisit is a moron when it comes to Public Relations and needs to start fighting fire with fire...this is Thailand, do as they do, his British education and tactics aren't going to work here, and he needs to realize that.

Where did they find a pro democrat constructor in Chiangmai?

Perhaps an associate of Setha Jiamkitwatana?

Edited by Buchholz

The hypocrisy of DSI Boss Tarit insisting that other people comply with the law and testify when scheduled, such as his ordering others to testify in the police station construction investigation, was highlighted yesterday when the House Committee on Politics, Communication and Public Participation threatened to take legal action against DSI Boss Tarit for his failure to testify before them as scheduled.

Tarit said he was "too busy" to attend the parliamentary committee in which he was to provide an update on the DSI's investigation into the "Men in Black" that are linked to the street violence of 2010.

So is 'reconciliation' no longer the top priority, or is it just that the government & Big-Boss don't want to see the truth about the Black-Shirts, set out for all to see, because of who would be culpable ?

Somehow I think that, if former-PM Abhisit or former-DPM Suthep were responsible, Khun Tarit might have found time in his busy schedule, to set out his evidence to the parliamentary-committee ! wink.png

The Committee charged with investigating the violence has already reported it's conclusion i.e. -

There were five men in black and ALL five were on the Red Shirt side.

What a load of crock! The 'solid' evidence doesn't exist and it will never be shown in public. This announcement is just a cynical ploy to affect this Sunday's election.

The PTP and their DSI flunky Tarit are the lowest form of pond scum.

This is the second time around for these allegations by Tarit.

Maybe 10 - 14 days ago Abhisit spoke on this subject and explained and Tharit withdrew.

Elections coming soon, how opportune to trot it all out again to make the dems look bad.

So you're saying corruption allegations against the Democrats should be swept under the carpet because an election is coming up. How democratic!

Dearest NCFC - I think the issue is simply PTP are as corrupt as hell and finger pointing - grasping at straws - is simply ludicrous. It has zero to do with 'democracy'. And after all - they are only allegations ...

Edited by Locationthailand

The hypocrisy of DSI Boss Tarit insisting that other people comply with the law and testify when scheduled, such as his ordering others to testify in the police station construction investigation, was highlighted yesterday when the House Committee on Politics, Communication and Public Participation threatened to take legal action against DSI Boss Tarit for his failure to testify before them as scheduled.

Tarit said he was "too busy" to attend the parliamentary committee in which he was to provide an update on the DSI's investigation into the "Men in Black" that are linked to the street violence of 2010.

So is 'reconciliation' no longer the top priority, or is it just that the government & Big-Boss don't want to see the truth about the Black-Shirts, set out for all to see, because of who would be culpable ?

Somehow I think that, if former-PM Abhisit or former-DPM Suthep were responsible, Khun Tarit might have found time in his busy schedule, to set out his evidence to the parliamentary-committee ! wink.png

The Committee charged with investigating the violence has already reported it's conclusion i.e. -

There were five men in black and ALL five were on the Red Shirt side.

How very inconvenient, for the PTP & their Red-Shirt wing, luckily Mr Tarit is too busy on other cases to pursue them, at present. rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it there were expert committees set up under the Govt before the Dems to investigate the whole projects, one of those was chaired by the now PT candidate for BKK.

These committees spent a considerable amount of time on their investigation so much in fact that a new Govt was in power before they made recommendations to the new Minister of Police who accepted the recommendations and signed off on those recommendations.

How could an incoming minister be expected to have the knowledge to overrule the considered findings of experts and legal experts at that?

And didn't the PT Govt extend the contracts twice?

If there had been something wrong with them why did they extend them?

The PCC contract was extended three times according to Pheu Thai Party Spokesman Phrompong.

At least one of those extensions was done by then-National Police Chief Priewpan Damapong, Thaksin's brother-in-law.

Amazingly enough, in the midst of all that is going on with this case, the PCC contract was extended again, today. blink.png

This time, it was done so by the current National Police Chief, Police General Adul Saengsingkaew.

He said this was the final extension of their contract that PCC would receive. huh.png

PCC now has 30 days in which to complete construction of 396 police stations across the entire country. April 17th was given as the final day to finish.

Police General Adul said that even though the contract expired today that because it's such a big task, they should be given some extra time to complete it. wacko.png

As I understand it there were expert committees set up under the Govt before the Dems to investigate the whole projects, one of those was chaired by the now PT candidate for BKK.

These committees spent a considerable amount of time on their investigation so much in fact that a new Govt was in power before they made recommendations to the new Minister of Police who accepted the recommendations and signed off on those recommendations.

How could an incoming minister be expected to have the knowledge to overrule the considered findings of experts and legal experts at that?

The PCC contract was extended three times according to Pheu Thai Party Spokesman Phrompong.

At least one of those extensions was done by then-National Police Chief Priewpan Damapong, Thaksin's brother-in-law.

Amazingly enough, in the midst of all that is going on with this case, the PCC contract was extended again, today. blink.png

This time, it was done so by the current National Police Chief, Police General Adul Saengsingkaew.

He said this was the final extension of their contract that PCC would receive. huh.png

PCC now has 30 days in which to complete construction of 396 police stations across the entire country. April 17th was given as the final day to finish.

Police General Adul said that even though the contract expired today that because it's such a big task, they should be given some extra time to complete it. wacko.png

Police General Adul said that even though the contract expired today that because it's such a big task, they should be given some extra time to complete it.

Aaaawwww . . . isn't that sweet of him clap2.gif

• Like 1

A month ago we had
"The Royal Thai Police Office would not immediately file a case seeking the termination of the contract. It would wait until March 14, when the latest extension of the contract expires, in order to be at an advantage."

Obviously the RTPO decided that giving a last extension would put them at an even greater advantage.

In the mean time may I assume that further payments will be withheld till the company shows some progress in their very big job?

Thats a pretty tall order, given the fact that many of new police stations are to be built where existing police stations have yet to be demolished.

I would venture to guess that PCC has some good lawyers and even better evidence to support their defense.

Thats a pretty tall order, given the fact that many of new police stations are to be built where existing police stations have yet to be demolished.

I would venture to guess that PCC has some good lawyers and even better evidence to support their defense.

It is double difficult with their bank accounts frozen

The amazement never stops in Thailand. :blink:

Yesterday, PCC promised to complete the construction of the 396 police stations within its allotted time frame of 30 days.

:huh:

The amazement never stops in Thailand. blink.png

Yesterday, PCC promised to complete the construction of the 396 police stations within its allotted time frame of 30 days.

huh.png

Couple things come to mind here.

Snowball__s_Chance_In_Hell_by_KaiDrawn.p
old_shackA.jpg
  • Like 1