French Family Saved From Speedboat Adrift: Phuket

webfact

French family saved from speedboat adrift
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A French man and his family were rescued on Tuesday night after their speedboat broke down about two nautical miles from Koh Sirae.

Phuket Marine Police received a distress call from Patick Legros, 58, at about 8:30pm informing them that he, his wife and his 7-year-old daughter were in need of help.

Chatchai Sakdee of the Marine Police led a quick rescue operation, eventually towing the boat back to Rassada Pier.

“It took us about an hour and a half to pull the boat back due to the strong winds and high waves,” Lt Col Chatchai said.

“The family had made a boat trip to the Phi Phi Islands earlier that day. They had left the area at about 1:30pm and were scheduled to arrive back at the Boat Lagoon Pier at 6pm,” Col Chatchai explained. “However, on the way back the engine of the boat, Kenavo, broke down.”

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/French-family-saved-from-speedboat-adrift-20349.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-28

This is news?

I imagine it is actually. The boat "captain" couldn't get any help on his own, so "Phuket Marine Police received a distress call from Patick Legros, 58, at about 8:30pm informing them that he, his wife and his 7-year-old daughter were in need of help." Does that sound like a Thai name? At this point, if I don't know the boat driver, unless it's a Ferry, I don't think I'd go out on a boat around here...

This is news?

I imagine it is actually. The boat "captain" couldn't get any help on his own, so "Phuket Marine Police received a distress call from Patick Legros, 58, at about 8:30pm informing them that he, his wife and his 7-year-old daughter were in need of help." Does that sound like a Thai name? At this point, if I don't know the boat driver, unless it's a Ferry, I don't think I'd go out on a boat around here...

Yes, but this sort of thing happens all the time and is so minor and insignificant. No injuries, no drama, no damage, no harm? Stuck at sea for 90 minutes, that's the story? I've been stuck in Bangkok traffic for longer than that and no one ever rescued me.

• Like 1

This is news?

Yes, but this sort of thing happens all the time and is so minor and insignificant. No injuries, no drama, no damage, no harm? Stuck at sea for 90 minutes, that's the story? I've been stuck in Bangkok traffic for longer than that and no one ever rescued me.

Brilliant! Yes and these plywood boats sink all the time and people are killed. Look back through the threads about how often this has happened. And by the way, the Andaman Sea in a boat that has no power is nothing like being stuck in traffic in Bangkok! sick.gif

This is news?

Brilliant! Yes and these plywood boats sink all the time and people are killed. Look back through the threads about how often this has happened. And by the way, the Andaman Sea in a boat that has no power is nothing like being stuck in traffic in Bangkok! sick.gif

Yes you're right. No comparison. On the open Andaman sea one has fresh air, sunshine, a nice breeze, no pollution, peace, quiet, and serenity. None of that in the crowded, congested, hazy, humid, dirty, concrete jungle surrounded by concrete, steel, and noise. I'd much rather be adrift at sea for 3 days than stuck in Bangkok traffic for 2 hours.

Yes you're right. No comparison. On the open Andaman sea one has fresh air, sunshine, a nice breeze, no pollution, peace, quiet, and serenity. None of that in the crowded, congested, hazy, humid, dirty, concrete jungle surrounded by concrete, steel, and noise. I'd much rather be adrift at sea for 3 days than stuck in Bangkok traffic for 2 hours.

You are unbelievable! Surely a troll or you know nothing of the ocean... Good luck if you go out with one of these idiots, as you are in their control, not in you air conditioned car on some highway. This was another that happened just recently: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/618018-two-australian-sisters-recount-their-horror-speedboat-trip-to-phi-phi/

Yeah it's really funny to you, I guess. Until you are severely injured or killed!

You are unbelievable! Surely a troll or you know nothing of the ocean... Good luck if you go out with one of these idiots, as you are in their control, not in you air conditioned car on some highway. This was another that happened just recently: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/618018-two-australian-sisters-recount-their-horror-speedboat-trip-to-phi-phi/

Yeah it's really funny to you, I guess. Until you are severely injured or killed!

It's not funny at all. But being at sea for 90 minutes is a far cry from being injured or killed.

NO ONE WAS KILLED OR INJURED HERE.

THIS "INCIDENT" IS ONE OF THE MOST LAME "NEWS" stories I have ever seen. ITS NOTHING. IT HAPPENS MANY TIMES A YEAR -- IT IS NOT NEWS. I'm not not any more trollish than thou. I have been on the high seas a lot times. Sometimes due to boat malfunction, I have been adrift for 4-6 hours. Wow. Oh was I so scared -- not. Relax and enjoy the serenity. It's only scary if one is a novice hi-so who has never been at sea before. These poor rich delicate folk should not be on the ocean. They are only comfortable alone for 36 hours alone in their AirCon high tower with room service near Thong Lor.

Me, I'd rather be with only fresh air, peace, quiet, and a sea breeze for that time.

It's not funny at all. But being at sea for 90 minutes is a far cry from being injured or killed.

NO ONE WAS KILLED OR INJURED HERE.

THIS "INCIDENT" IS ONE OF THE MOST LAME "NEWS" stories I have ever seen. ITS NOTHING. IT HAPPENS MANY TIMES A YEAR -- IT IS NOT NEWS. I'm not not any more trollish than thou. I have been on the high seas a lot times. Sometimes due to boat malfunction, I have been adrift for 4-6 hours. Wow. Oh was I so scared -- not. Relax and enjoy the serenity. It's only scary if one is a novice hi-so who has never been at sea before. These poor rich delicate folk should not be on the ocean. They are only comfortable alone for 36 hours alone in their AirCon high tower with room service near Thong Lor.

Me, I'd rather be with only fresh air, peace, quiet, and a sea breeze for that time.

Then come on down and get on a speed boat! What's stopping you? I hope you have a pleasant journey to Phi Phi and make it back in one piece... I grew up at the beach, swimming, surfing , fishing, sailing, boating and have been very lucky so far... I still live at the beach and know the dangers. Good luck to you and yours on the river of denial...

These people complaining about floating on the ocean for 90 minutes and calling news need to take a chill pill.

The sea is only dangerous for the unprepared, the ignorant, and the uniformed. If you know what you are doing, 99% of the time there is no problem. Maybe these other folks hire too many long tail drivers for their cruises. Its like hiring a tuk tuk to take you up a mountain.

Still, even if you screw up, worst case, one has a few extra hours of relaxation floating on the seas. Of my total time of many months at sea, the few hours total adrift was the best part.

These people complaining about floating on the ocean for 90 minutes and calling news need to take a chill pill.

The sea is only dangerous for the unprepared, the ignorant, and the uniformed. If you know what you are doing, 99% of the time there is no problem. Maybe these other folks hire too many long tail drivers for their cruises. Its like hiring a tuk tuk to take you up a mountain.

Still, even if you screw up, worst case, one has a few extra hours of relaxation floating on the seas. Of my total time of many months at sea, the few hours total adrift was the best part.

The sea is only dangerous for the unprepared, the ignorant, and the uniformed. If you know what you are doing, 99% of the time there is no problem.

You are describing the local speedboat 'captains" as well as yourself very well if you believe that!

What makes you think they were complaining and called the news?