Oxygen Bottle Refill

I am living with low oxygen levels as have PAH/CHF etc and now especially in the mornings my readings are 85-88 range.

Cardiologist told me to buy oxygen equipment.  I have an oxygen concentrator (Lazada) and its good but noisy I find.

Recently I have bought a portable Oxygen bottle and ancillery equip from our local pharmacy. It is much quieter and I prefer it over the concentrator.

Finding a refill service is proving difficult so far,  I asked at the pharmacy and they didn't know as did another two pharmacies in town.

There are two local hospitals and I will go ask about getting the bottle refilled.

Anyone have any sensible suggestions?,  much appreciated.......

Believe it or not you can get pretty much anything from some little retail shop down a side alley, it's knowing where to go that's the trick.

Your first port of call should be your local bike-taxi chaps, they know everything and everyone, and once you know where to go, they'll even go and pick up an exchange bottle for a nominal fee.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Believe it or not you can get pretty much anything from some little retail shop down a side alley, it's knowing where to go that's the trick.

Your first port of call should be your local bike-taxi chaps, they know everything and everyone, and once you know where to go, they'll even go and pick up an exchange bottle for a nominal fee.

Good suggestion and will follow up.  I have stopped using Google/wiki etc as my wife knows everything. Around my neighbourhood there are several elderly folk and I suspect some may be on 02.

I am on the case.  Not sure why somebody would put a sad sticker on my location post.

I have lived in the same Soi for 17 years, nice area and people....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Without knowing the OP's location, I'd suggest going to the local hospitals and asking who fills theirs.

My local Hospital refused to fill/exchange the bottle and 'lent' me a concentrator. I'm now left with 3k worth of bottle, trolley and gauges. 

the only shop I know of is a 'Disability' shop near the main province hospital where I brought it, but it is just logistically to far.  

1 hour ago, brianburi said:

Good suggestion and will follow up.  I have stopped using Google/wiki etc as my wife knows everything. Around my neighbourhood there are several elderly folk and I suspect some may be on 02.

I am on the case.  Not sure why somebody would put a sad sticker on my location post.

I have lived in the same Soi for 17 years, nice area and people....

Your wife,  could also try and contact your local/village health care volunteer as she knows everything.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

My local Hospital refused to fill/exchange the bottle and 'lent' me a concentrator. I'm now left with 3k worth of bottle, trolley and gauges. 

the only shop I know of is a 'Disability' shop near the main province hospital where I brought it, but it is just logistically to far.  

I wouldn't suggest going to the hospital to get a tank refilled or exchanged (though that may be possible at some hospitals).  I'd ask them who they buy their oxygen from.  In a lot of places, it's the same companies that sell welding oxygen, that also produce medical grade gas.  I've seen AirGas and AirLiquide unloading a truckful of oxygen bottles at local hospitals.  I'm not sure which gas companies are where in Thailand.

My experience with medical oxygen is mostly in China where the GF needed it for years, but only sporadically, before she got a kidney transplant.  In Thailand, I bought her a smaller bottle and accessories in case she needed it when she came to visit.  She never did, so I never had to refill it.

If she had needed it full time, I'd have gone with a concentrator.  It may be easier and cheaper to build a sound enclosure around the OP's concentrator, especially if he needs O2 full time.

Edited by impulse

Screenshot_20240430-134406_Maps.thumb.jpg.ba0be61bfb4a62d302758f00071ad299.jpgWas sitting at the traffic lights just outside town and happened to look left and noticed a liquid oxygen storage tank. If my small town has one there may be a place in your town. Whether they can fill an oxygen cylinder with medical grade oxygen is another matter.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Just make sure they understand the difference between welding gas and medical gas, which is a purity spec (in most of the world, anyway).

Edit:  That's another reason I suggest a visit with the local hospital.  To see what's even available in the area, and why they use the vendor(s) they do.

Larger hospitals have a LOX (Liquid Oxygen) storage tank with evaporator which feeds the internal ring main with gaseous oxygen. The tank is topped up by visiting road LOX tanker truck.

There is usually a gaseous oxygen charging point(s) for refilling portable O2 cylinders manned my hospital technicians.

Be aware that gas cylinders require a periodic pressure test, usually 5 yearly from the date of first charge stamped on the neck of the cylinder. The correct current colour code is green with white neck.

• Like 1

When in Bangkok we used a hospital refill service advised & executed by the local motor bike guys.

Now we live in the country need to get done at a hospital 47 km away but only takes 5 minutes.

As hardly needed only need a refill about every 6 months

Pay attention in your oximeter indicator because when you measured and oximeter indicator shows you 85% oxyzen it doenst mean that your have 15% dioxide in your blood.

In order to measure dioxide there is another specific measure for it and it shows you the exact amount in your artery dioxide.

You surely suffer from cardiac problem (maybe atrial fibrillation) so it is recommented to go to get doctor advice for new brand of oxygen sypply device.

I am not doctor or any other medic profession but unfortunately I know very well cardiac -lungs inhale problem .

I have had my mother who suffers many years and I read many medics booklets online asking doctor - nutriologists to give my mother liposomal vitamins (glutahione -taurine - and magnesium taurate -C - liposomal turmeric) to clean up her lungs.

She recovered very quickly and during first months she wears oxygen mask 10 hours per day and after few months we forget it she recovered and she is in perfect condition (oxygen 97% -blood pressure 7 -12.5- pulce 70-80). 

We transfer oxygen divice bipap to the closets many years but I have had her in strict "military" nutricion daily program with anagenitic medic vitamins in diffrent forms and muruna oil lemon taste.

So in colaboration with doctor asking questions all things will be solved .......dont forget your doctor you will regret it.

Ηeart -liver -lungs is together in one place of our body and you can estimate their dimension if you close your fingers like a punch this will be the dimensions of your heart -lungs -liver.

Edited by Paris333

Success..... we had the aircon people around the house to service one of the aircons and I knew the man in charge was married to the lady who runs a pharmacy in town. 

He told me to go to a disability shop about 12kms away.

They filled my bottle up for 80 Baht.

Living with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) is not easy and any others who have this condition,  you have my best wishes...

EFF19B2E-6EDC-48D7-A36D-7A2C9DE04201.JPG