Thai Govt Seeks Revival Of Nasa Project

webfact

Paraphrasing Will Rogers when he said something along these lines: I don't have to write anything funny, I just report what the Government is doing. He would have a great time over here.. (LOL)

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I told you I knew this was coming. If you know anything about Asian/Chinese game playing, this was in the making. I see this all the time in my business partnerships with Chinese Thai.

Yes, you can see the Thai ruling elite do not trust the Americans. Well, would you (I am not asking the Americans)? The Thai have nothing to loose. The Americans say no to a situation that does not exist or they say yes to having something that Thai can now benefit and control. Well done to that scoundrel Thaksin.

Given the massive amount of face lost over the original decision to blow

off NASA , under the direction of the Chinese masters, I am somewhat stunned

to see this story resurface..... Perhaps the Chinese have reconsidered

and feel that there may be a bit of technology theft they could engage in??

"The Science and Technology Ministry and Foreign Affairs Ministry have always insisted to Nasa that this project is important for Thailand," he said.

Then -

"Even if Nasa uses an airbase in a neighbouring country, we will not allow them to survey or collect any data in our skies," he said.

Boy that should bring them around. Be afraid NASA, be very afraid.

most of the scientists at Nasa are foreigners. Another fact is that most of the patent these days come from China, Korea, India & Japan.

Given the massive amount of face lost over the original decision to blow

off NASA , under the direction of the Chinese masters, I am somewhat stunned

to see this story resurface..... Perhaps the Chinese have reconsidered

and feel that there may be a bit of technology theft they could engage in??

yeah the little bit that is left, the Chinese want that too. Maybe it will be a waste of time

"The Science and Technology Ministry and Foreign Affairs Ministry have always insisted to Nasa that this project is important for Thailand," he said.

Then -

"Even if Nasa uses an airbase in a neighbouring country, we will not allow them to survey or collect any data in our skies," he said.

most of the scientists at Nasa are foreigners. Another fact is that most of the patent these days come from China, Korea, India & Japan.

Hahahaha perhaps a bit of research would assist you in your incorrect

proclamations. China is not even on the this list. Stealing ideas and

copying is more their style....

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/most-patent-registering-countries.html

I cannot be bothered to look up this original story about NASA, but I

seem to recall being amazed that China had some input into it....

Anond appears very relaxed and confident leaning on that world map. Now that NASA has asked Thailand 'again' after being rejected the first time, this chap Anond looks like he has got NASA by the balls. And his is definitely talking like he knows he has got hold of their <deleted>. Yinluck is not just a pretty face after all. Thaksin as much as I dislike you, I got to give it to you, you are a bloody rogue in politics.

Anond appears very relaxed and confident leaning on that world map. Now that NASA has asked Thailand 'again' after being rejected the first time, this chap Anond looks like he has got NASA by the balls. And his is definitely talking like he knows he has got hold of their <deleted>. Yinluck is not just a pretty face after all. Thaksin as much as I dislike you, I got to give it to you, you are a bloody rogue in politics.

Where did you read that NASA is desperate and Anond got them by the balls? Location Thailand is convenient for various reasons, but not that essential. Did you read the OP?

""We have talked with Nasa at the ministerial level several times during the past few months after Nasa cancelled this project last year. This will be an unofficial negotiation round to insist that this project is still important for our country," Anond said."

BTW Yingluck is a pretty face and the Thaksin you dislike has nothing to do with this topic.

In an effort to revive the Nasa Project in Thailand.

NASA with more than a few reservations agreed to help the Thai government try to shake its image of being the most corrupt, sex capital of the world.
The Thais sent there smartest pilot for training to NASA, USA.
The Americans fully understanding what tea money had done to the Nations level of intelligence, took this into consideration.
The Thai pilot spent the week training around the pool at a 5 star resort,with a bevy of American working girls and basically continued with the same kind of life style his privileged up bringing had afforded him.
He was a little surprised on entering the capsule that he was sharing it with 3 monkeys.
But what the heck, for his country's reputation and he would get a big face, decided he would make the ultimate sacrifice and join them.
As they strapped the Thai pilot into his seat the President of the USA gave the Pilot an envelope and said once your orbiting the earth we have what is singularly the most important part of the mission for the Thai people to undertake.
Do you give us your Thai word that you will complete your mission.
Of course said the Thai pilot.
The President said guard this with your life and open it once you have orbited the Earth 8 hours.
After a few days the Thai pilot remembered his mission and opened the the envelope.
It read-
For Gods sake ''Feed the Monkeys!''
  • Like 2

NASA should pass on these idiots and set up camp in a neighboring country who is smart enough to know a good thing when they see it the first time. activities

We know that Uncle Sam wants everyone to bend over all the way every time something is offered. However there are allways pros and Cons to take into account. Some of the cons are the undeclared objectives of the American program or aid. Which the program is executed. USA programs often have activity in the background under the shelter of the confidentiality clause of the program. It is essential that Thailand have sufficient time to consider the potential downside carefully before agreeing. If the rewards seem unusally exciting and the decision time is short the best answer to any USA request or offer is to refuse with qualifications.

Edited by indyuk

NASA should pass on these idiots and set up camp in a neighboring country who is smart enough to know a good thing when they see it the first time. activities

We know that Uncle Sam wants everyone to bend over all the way every time something is offered. However there are allways pros and Cons to take into account. Some of the cons are the undeclared objectives of the American program or aid. Which the program is executed. USA programs often have activity in the background under the shelter of the confidentiality clause of the program. It is essential that Thailand have sufficient time to consider the potential downside carefully before agreeing. If the rewards seem unusally exciting and the decision time is short the best answer to any USA request or offer is to refuse with qualifications.

You betcha my friend. I am confident that NASA is in cahoots with the CIA, FBI, Homeland Security, the local sheriff in Dothhan, Alabama and have a very subversive plan. We just don't know what it is yet. After all Thailand is a major player in the scheme of things pretaining to the APAC theater. Bring them to their knees and require them to deplane at Swampy crawling up to Khun Anond on the tarmac begging for his coorperation.

• Like 1

Since the US government is broke, it's likely that NASA will not have the funds to do an Asian project. NASA should forget Thailand and since it is an Asian project, ask China to fund and help develop it.

The Thai government was/is so busy squabbling that they didn't have time to do anything that may have helped the country during the seriously changed weather patterns.

Never colonized my ass...

- russians got pattaya

- scandinavians got phuket

- chinese got chiang mai

- koreans got every golf course

- cambodians got preah vihar

- australians got every bar (and most of the bar girls)

- and now nasa owns the skies

You forgot the Japanese. :)

• Like 2

Then -

Hahahaha perhaps a bit of research would assist you in your incorrect

proclamations. China is not even on the this list. Stealing ideas and

copying is more their style....

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/most-patent-registering-countries.html

I cannot be bothered to look up this original story about NASA, but I

seem to recall being amazed that China had some input into it....

China, India and Korea buy hand me downs and attempt to reverse engineer very old and outdated technology. China reverse engineering Mig and just now figuring our air craft carriers. Korea's little missle program is 50 + year old technology. India buys outdated Migs and Su 30s. These countries may provide good cheap labor, but have very little to offer from a cutting edge technology stand point. Edited by F430murci

I think they are waiting for NASA to say no so they can then turn to their Chinese brethren to do it.

I am sure the Chinese can do it better and work closer with Thailand so the benefits to Thailand would be much better.

I suppose they have great experience in studying their own filthy atmosphere

I think they are waiting for NASA to say no so they can then turn to their Chinese brethren to do it.

I am sure the Chinese can do it better and work closer with Thailand so the benefits to Thailand would be much better.

I suppose they have great experience in studying their own filthy atmosphere

I was thinking the same thing!

NASA should pass on these idiots and set up camp in a neighboring country who is smart enough to know a good thing when they see it the first time.

Five days later.... and that's exactly what they did.

"We have no plans for Nasa to work in Thailand at this time. This project was moved to another country and is already completed," U.S. Ambassador Kristie Kenney said.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/623771-n-a-s-a-pulls-out-of-project-to-study-climate-conditions-in-thailand/#entry6175926

But no worries for Thailand, the Boat Propeller Minister informs us Thailand will spend a pallet of taxpayer money and do it themselves.

Thailand plans atmospheric studies, without Nasa

-- Science and Technology Minister Plodprasop Surassawadee said yesterday he would seek Bt200 million from Cabinet to fund studies of the atmosphere to improve weather forecasting and water management.

The project by local scientists would take six to nine months.

Mind you, that was said eight months ago... ermm.gifrolleyes.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/567042-thailand-plans-atmospheric-studies-without-nasa-plodprasop/

Ahhh, wait a sec. I've forgotten that with the Ringling Brothers & Barnum & Yingluck Circus of Ever-Changing Cabinet Ministers, the Boat Propeller Minister has moved on during the intervening eight months of the non-existent Thailand One Ups NASA project. He's now Deputy Prime Minister.

He was replaced as Science Minister by Woravat Auapinyakul who was formerly the Computer Tablet Minister that promised 11 million tablets for all students by May 2012.

2011-12-15
Every student should have a tablet PC by May: Woravat

The government's One Tablet Per Child policy will be fully implemented by May, Education Minister Woravat Auapinyakul pledged yesterday.

Difficult to keep up with all these clowns running around.

sick.gif

Edited by Buchholz