Japan Sentences 2 U.s. Sailors To Prison For Raping Young Woman

News_Editor

Just another US bashing thread. coffee1.gif

No, just another 'American Rape' thread - nothing to report as the victims were only Asians, right?!

I'm married to an Asian and have lived in Asia for 25 years or so. Don't try to tar me with a racist brush with yet another snide remark.

• Like 2

No, just another 'American Rape' thread - nothing to report as the victims were only Asians, right?!

Any time you have tens of thousands of young men away from home and feeling their oats, you will have a serious problem here and there.

If Japanese men had raped, it wouldn't have been world news. It's big news because it's Americans.

The reason it wasn't Brits or Aussies or Canadians or Venezuelans is simply because they don't have all those troops there in the first place.

• Like 1

I am a US citizen. Those scumbag rapists got off lightly as far as I am concerned. Rape is NOT acceptable regardless of who has been raped or who the rapists are.

As for the anti-American posters, worry about you own countries before you criticize any other countries.

Wow! You are full of yourself.

Not really - just asking if you could read the whole post instead of just a snippet and taking out of context. If that is being 'full of myself' then you have a problem with discussions.

Or, I could just copy your 'style' and reply:

'Wow'? I'm glad you like my post, thanks for agreeing with me in regard to your drivel.

I'm married to an Asian and have lived in Asia for 25 years or so. Don't try to tar me with a racist brush with yet another snide remark.

Good for you for being married to an Asian . . . then why minimise a thread about rape by putting it down as <yawn< US bashing <yawn>

Wow! You are full of yourself.

Not really - just asking if you could read the whole post instead of just a snippet and taking out of context. If that is being 'full of myself' then you have a problem with discussions.

Or, I could just copy your 'style' and reply:

'Wow'? I'm glad you like my post, thanks for agreeing with me in regard to your drivel.

and emotional too... tongue.png

Hopefully with the US being broke, they may have to give up thinking that they have to be the world's policemen. If those countries want their country to be protected by the US military, they should be paying for it. US soldiers spread around the globe is a huge waste of taxpayer money.

A chunk of that money would be much better spent protecting the US borders.

I'd rather see a manned Mars mission, but the reality is the Far East is a powder keg. Main boogie men; the Chinese and N. Koreans. One makes a business out of being perpetual 'bad boy' and the other is insatiably on the grab for territory and resources. As flawed as Uncle Sam is, he's the major factor in keeping the many powder kegs from exploding.

Saved me the bother of typing the above, well said.

Maybe time for some payback for Japan, rape of Nanking, comfort women and second world war attrocities.

If the two Koreas want to go at it, let them.

I don't disagree that Japanese troops were barbaric in WW2, but at what point do you let history go? Most Japanese alive today had no part in WW2. Do you also wish the Yankees harm for their atrocities against the south in the Civil War? These is plenty of evidence that such atrocities occurred. Or maybe the Germans & Italians could be punished to a lesser degree because their atrocities were not so bad?

I'm gonna let the Japanese off the hook at the same times the Jewish people let the Nazis off the hook.

About time the Americans left Japan, apart from the two in the OP, that should be staying a lot longer.

Only 9 and 10 years . . . I hope they have fun in a Japanese jail

It's hard time. Japanese prisons are tough. Inmates are subject to conditions and treatment that are not allowed in the USA or EU. These 2 convicts are in for a major culture shock. They will have no rights and quite frankly, they will not be a priority for US consular staff. Every time one of these incidents occurs, it causes a great deal of anger in the military personnel that are posted to Okinawa. Keep in mind that many US personnel have their wives and families with them and there are female personnel serving as well. As there is an ongoing crisis in the US military with sexual assault on female personnel, the willingness to forgive and forget isn't there.

I hope you didn't actually exert any mental effort on that post moonray....

Google this:"Kurombo Gama"

or read this:

There are countries like - Kongo ,Sierra Leone,Liberia where warm welcome is awaiting them.

On the other hand those rape incidents in Okinawa caused great harm .China is couple of hundreds miles away.

Edited by Scott
Direct link removed